nebula

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I say that you all make too much out of mis spelled words.  

And grammer, and sentence structure, and punctuation,....

many times simple minded people get their points across just fine.....         aint got no    may not be super correct, but just about anyone knows what they are saying though technically the opposite of what they mean.

The important part is do you understand what people are saying......    do you write or speak in ways that common folks have to have access to a dictionary to understand what you are saying.

I just think too much is being made of it...    should we use good grammar.....   yes we should.....   is bad grammar going to ruin the hopes of the future of our country.....   I seriously doubt it..

In a way you're right, but in another way bad grammar is an indication of declining standards and a progressive system of education that believes that core skills and the correct way to do things are not important.

It's not the fact that you can get your point across without good grammar, it's more about the fact that dumbed-down kids are more likely to toe the line when it comes to absorbing the propaganda of the progressive agenda.

Well, we'll see how the dumbed down kids handle themselves later in life when they've had time to grow up.....   college kids are in reality still kids...     some of the most critical thinking skilled people I ever met didn't get past the 8th grade...   and they often make up their own words to express themselves....     

Actually some of the most successful people I know didn't even go to college...   What I needed for both my careers was a FCC license that you could not get by going to college...    I didn't take the time to graduate, just the classes I needed to work....    and still we managed to put a million or so back for retirement....    and are having the time of our lives....   college isn't all that it's cracked up to be for everyone.    We have a vo-tec here in the town that I live in and the people who graduate from there have about a 95% job finding rate starting at least $15.00 an hour and many in the aerospace training $25+