IGNORED

How do scientists determine we share 98% of our DNA with Chimps?

jerryR34

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Yes. I was thinking that Christ is the Ultimate Reality. But we are saying the same thing. It is odd to say this, but I often have doubts about God and everything else, but never Jesus. He is like the lighthouse in the storms and darkness. I have at times felt like giving it all up. Then a friend asked me, you don't believe in Jesus anymore? I realized that is impossible.

We all struggle @ Times.....I have a personal one in WHICH I'M NOT GONNA SAY HERE  :)  but it has nothing to do with GOD'S side.  We are of the flesh...and it is very very weak.

LOOK UP SIR....for Your REDEMPTION DRAWETH NIGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a comment from the peanut gallery.....this 'discussion' has turned into the usual schoolyard sniping.  I've yet to read ANY actual evidence from either side....which would be of great interest to me and, I'm sure, many others reading this thread.   Now....back to your regularly scheduled argument.  :biggrin2: 

Evidence for what?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Get on with something substantive or be ignored.

I have no issue with you ignoring me.  You put out 3-4 paragraphs of pseudo-science interspersed with snarky comments, while I recommend books on the subjects we discuss.  Sorry, your prideful, arrogant comments do not add value to me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings jerry,

Gee,I am awful sorry about your replies,really I am but that is not how I feel about your question.......I understand your question & yes,LOL-it is a simple one and that is not the "point" I was referring to.........Oh also,in no way did I ever intend to disrespect or offend you (I think you realized that I meant no harm)      I know I am a little off topic & thats why I said"if I may"ask  why you want to "gauge" the knowledge of evolution of these "Worthy "folks?

I suppose I am just being curious (or nosey-lol)as to what you hope to do after you have estimated their knowledge????

Anyway,you certainly don't have to answer my question if you prefer not to (& I will understand)...but I would like to know!

jerry,for me personally,I don't feel threatened ....or shall I say my faith is not threatened by science or from those that believe the theory of evolution...........I never feel it is necessary to bash someones beliefs to validate my own,makes no sense to me............the Greatest part of my Faith in Jesus is His Love for us all & for all of us to love one another,I fail to see how debating Evolution vs.Creation will show you that I love you as Christ does.........But that's just me,God Bless you

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

"How do scientists determine we share 98% of our DNA with Chimps?"  I've asked this question several times to YEC proponents and have not gotten the right answer.  I believe, if you are going to debate science, you should understand the current consensus even if you do not believe it, otherwise how can you disprove it.  Most here do not believe we evolved from a common ancestor with chimps, but do not understand what evolution actually states.  So, anyone have the answer?

I'll add a question to this:

Why is it so offensive that our (in Aristotelian language) material cause is a chimp?  Is that less dignified the "dirt"?  Somehow we cannot be made in the image of God if He used a chimp, but it is absolutely consistent if God dug us up?

clb

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

How do they determine it?

You reckon they put up a bullseye with various percents in various places & then throw darts?

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  2

There is, after all, one Reality that really matters.  All these other conversations are secondary or peripheral.

Yes, the Reality is GOD and HIS WORD.....   Which is Somewhat of a Redundant Statement now that I wrote it down and looked @ it.

Also, I should have attached this with an earlier message...

We debate these topics (Somewhat heated @ Times....there is MUCH @ stake, IMHO) and most ask, why?  If you notice sometimes in my replies, I'm really not addressing the Addressee  :)

I post MAINLY for the Throngs that come by and say nothing that may be on the Fence or Unsure  :)  

Just a small glimpse into my window :)  I've already given you guys too much already LOL; some people try to use personal information against you...if you know what I mean?

Imagine if we're in Heaven and somebody (EVEN JUST 1) comes up to you and say's:  "Hey, when I read what you had to say..... it all came together for me, Thanks".

HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :thumbsup::hurrah::101:

Do you then assume the throngs that come by to read and not join in appreciate your snarky comments, you laughing at people, your condescending replies and more?  Is it those things that you assume will bring that person to you in Heaven to say thanks?

Guest shiloh357

"How do scientists determine we share 98% of our DNA with Chimps?"  I've asked this question several times to YEC proponents and have not gotten the right answer.  I believe, if you are going to debate science, you should understand the current consensus even if you do not believe it, otherwise how can you disprove it.  Most here do not believe we evolved from a common ancestor with chimps, but do not understand what evolution actually states.  So, anyone have the answer?

I'll add a question to this:

Why is it so offensive that our (in Aristotelian language) material cause is a chimp?  Is that less dignified the "dirt"?  Somehow we cannot be made in the image of God if He used a chimp, but it is absolutely consistent if God dug us up?

clb

It is an issue of the integrity of God's word.   The Bible says mankind was made separate from the created order by being made from dirt and being made in God's image.  It is not a matter of which is more dignified.   It is a matter of which is true.   If God's word is true, we are made from the dirt and we are not descended from chimps.  I guess a person needs to decide just how far God's word can be trusted.   If you don't trust God's word to be true, then I guess any old theory will do.  But if we are genuine followers of Jesus, then we will believe what is written in the Scriptures, that man is made from the dirt and made in God's image.

There is, after all, one Reality that really matters.  All these other conversations are secondary or peripheral.

Yes, the Reality is GOD and HIS WORD.....   Which is Somewhat of a Redundant Statement now that I wrote it down and looked @ it.

Also, I should have attached this with an earlier message...

We debate these topics (Somewhat heated @ Times....there is MUCH @ stake, IMHO) and most ask, why?  If you notice sometimes in my replies, I'm really not addressing the Addressee  :)

I post MAINLY for the Throngs that come by and say nothing that may be on the Fence or Unsure  :)  

Just a small glimpse into my window :)  I've already given you guys too much already LOL; some people try to use personal information against you...if you know what I mean?

Imagine if we're in Heaven and somebody (EVEN JUST 1) comes up to you and say's:  "Hey, when I read what you had to say..... it all came together for me, Thanks".

HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :thumbsup::hurrah::101:

Do you then assume the throngs that come by to read and not join in appreciate your snarky comments, you laughing at people, your condescending replies and more?  Is it those things that you assume will bring that person to you in Heaven to say thanks?

===================================================================================================

Do you then assume the throngs that come by to read and not join in appreciate your snarky comments,

"Snarky"  LOL

I was thinking about that word "Snarky" yesterday after Jerry mentioned it a few times.  And then you use it??

Do you think that (and this is somewhat strange) because you then pick up on it or "Jump on the Bandwagon" so to speak, it carries some extra weight or veracity or most certainly must be true?

you laughing at people, your condescending replies and more?

Admittedly, I am assuming a certain level of reading comprehension and attention to detail of those (Throngs) that come by.  That will clearly show that the "Laughing @ people"/ "condescending reples et al" is a just a mirage conjured by the addressee due to the "Last Port In The Storm" Scenario that takes place each and every time on each and every board.

You know the One (Because "you" use it each and every time)..... No Game, Post Systematic Refutation; "Last Port in the Storm":

1.  It's Harmful to the Body of Christ.

2.  Muddies the Water or Quibbles Relentlessly.

3.  Overt or Implied Insults.

4.  Conjures various ill conceived Slights.

Rinse Repeat Rinse Repeat.  It's actually quite obvious.

Even just a cursory review will show that the "Laughing" is directed squarely @ the oft Pathetic/Preposterous concepts asserted or proffered (Not The Person) that try to undermine the WORD of GOD either directly or indirectly through science.

Having said that, I am Fallible and the Flesh is very very weak and I do have some "faults" that the LORD has brought to my attention, Most Assuredly.

When I see them or they are brought to my attention and they're Legitimate, I will Stand and be held Accountable without running away or Employing "The Last Port in The Storm" ......and ask for forgiveness.

How do they determine it?

You reckon they put up a bullseye with various percents in various places & then throw darts?

It's actually much worse than that....

They only have 1/10000000000 of the Board and the darts are Grapefruits. 

So they just return to the "a priori" adherence to a fairytale train they just got off.... prior to their 13 Century Alchemy tests they perform that they call "science" so as to provide a "Pseudo-Validity Tow the Company Line" smokescreen that they know most assuredly will not be scrutinized by Joe Coffee and Betty Bread-Maker.

Rinse Repeat Rinse Repeat