IGNORED

If you've come to the end of yourself

Guest DRS81

I've heard one or two christians say this phrase in a sentence or lyric..'If you've come to the end of yourself'. Have you guys heard that before.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings DRS,

Actually,,no I have not..............I have heard of one coming to" the end of their ropes"but I don't recall ever hearing anyone say"coming to the end of themselves"???I do live down South & I see you live way up North,can this be a saying that is limited to area?I know many of our sayings & phrases down in these parts would not be familiar to a northerner in the same way there are many phrases commonly used up north are unfamiliar to us.......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings DRS,

Actually,,no I have not..............I have heard of one coming to" the end of their ropes"but I don't recall ever hearing anyone say"coming to the end of themselves"???I do live down South & I see you live way up North,can this be a saying that is limited to area?I know many of our sayings & phrases down in these parts would not be familiar to a northerner in the same way there are many phrases commonly used up north are unfamiliar to us.......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

at :50 youtube(dot)com/watch?v=okmxFDMYuEQ

I think it means coming to the end of your flesh desires.

Blessings, David.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I think sometimes when people write songs, its an experience they might be going thru or at times a fantasy, so trying to understand the artist is not always an easy thing to do. People in general will take their own spin of a song and question it with others. Easier to be direct and tell us what your really trying to say here. :) Blessings,

desi

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings DRS....

Thanks David..I get what you mean & you make more sense than the singer (LOL)....I took it as "at my whits end" & I was just on the phone with a friend & she said she has heard it used (she lives in California)alot but never in a Christian way but more like"at the end of my ropes"

It';s kind of a very odd phrase,wouldn't you agree?

With love_in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

You guys are acting like you don't know who Steffany Frizzell is.

A gal who don't never comb her hair?

I've heard one or two christians say this phrase in a sentence or lyric..'If you've come to the end of yourself'. Have you guys heard that before.

Coming to the end of yourself usually means you've hit a wall or other dead end. Some kind of situation where there is no way out of it but to turn to the Lord and ask for help. You'll hear many addicts/alcoholics say this in reference to where they were before salvation or in seeking help for their addiction. It basically means you stop trying to "do it yourself" and ask the Lord for help. Sometimes the Lord will allow things like this in our lives so we realize we can't do life without Him.

You guys are acting like you don't know who Steffany Frizzell is.

Never heard of her. :)