• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Those words formed in your mind better be verse memorization from God's Word or your going to have a rude awakening of the True God Who has taken the time to write it all down for you...  Love, Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Wow.  You're making some strong claims there Logoman.  Is there a website where one can read a summarization of these truths you claim are from God?  I'd be interested to hear more.  Most will react with strong disgust at claims like this, and all with a degree of suspicion.  Probably unlike many here I've come to believe the power of Scripture lies not in its literal sense as most Christianity teaches but in its metaphorical meaning.  However, I've come to believe that God has designed His metaphoric or allegoric meaning in ways that pass the same tests of truth (non-contradiction, congruity, unity, etc.) that the literal is subject to. Any reading of Scripture--literal or allegorical--thus must be able to "ring true" according to these principles. 

But you must realize that claiming to mouth the very words of God is going to subject you to intense scrutiny, right?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

39 minutes ago, spiffy said:

Wow....

:emot-heartbeat:

Amen~!

There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. John 12:48 (New International Version)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

46 minutes ago, Logoman said:

Those who try memorize words in a Bible have no idea how God's saints and prophets spoke for Him. 

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue.
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? 
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

John 12
44: And Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me. 
45: And he who sees me sees him who sent me. 
46: I have come as light into the world, that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness. 
47: If any one hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 
48: He who rejects me and does not receive my sayings has a judge; the word that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day. 
49: For I have not spoken on my own authority; the Father who sent me has himself given me commandment what to say and what to speak. 
50: And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has bidden me.

When I preach the Gospel for God, all the words He gives me to speak are formed in my mind as I speak them. The words you hear come directly from God. 

25 minutes ago, spiffy said:

Wow.  You're making some strong claims there Logoman.  Is there a website where one can read a summarization of these truths you claim are from God?  I'd be interested to hear more.  Most will react with strong disgust at claims like this, and all with a degree of suspicion.  Probably unlike many here I've come to believe the power of Scripture lies not in its literal sense as most Christianity teaches but in its metaphorical meaning.  However, I've come to believe that God has designed His metaphoric or allegoric meaning in ways that pass the same tests of truth (non-contradiction, congruity, unity, etc.) that the literal is subject to. Any reading of Scripture--literal or allegorical--thus must be able to "ring true" according to these principles. 

But you must realize that claiming to mouth the very words of God is going to subject you to intense scrutiny, right?

God tells His Family truth through His Word (written objective foundation which Jesus used solely to defeat satan)

Matthew 4:3 (KJV)

[3] And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

[4] But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

[5] Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

[6] And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

[7] Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

[8] Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

[9] And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

[10] Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

[11] Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

It is verified in total here through Paul by God

2 Timothy 3:16 (KJV)

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 3:17 (KJV)

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

I will speak as plainly as I can here! You both and I are in satan's realm right now and He wanted to be God in the begin of sin in himself in heaven... He has not changed here and his  desire to have both of you is evident by your non reliance on The Word of God called Scripture....
John 10:1 (KJV)
[10:1] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
[2] But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
the door is Jesus
John 10:9 (KJV)
[9] I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
John 1:1 (KJV)
The Living Word testifies of Scripture as His Word...
John
Chapter 1
[Jn 1:1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Right examination and faith produced from Scripture alone will lead us to the true shepherd called The Christ...
Love, Steven

The choice you have made is the choice you will have to answer unto God... I urge you one last time to search The Scriptures, which are the Words of God, to see if the spirit that is in you is that which belongs to God! 

1 John 4:1 (KJV)
[4:1] Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Love, Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I tried to read some more from Logoman's posts but they seem to be gone.  Were they removed?

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

There is an Eternal Moral Law of God. The Ten Commandments were an abridged covenantal version. Jesus, and the rest of the NT writers, taught to Ten in their expanded, fullest form. 

And a bit of food for thought here... The 6th Commandment is quoted in some translations as "you shall not kill", yet God commanded Israel to destroy, every living thing among the 6 peoples that occupied the Promised Land. Oh yes, there is so much more than we have known concerning who God is, what took place in the heavens at the beginning, and what our God's great plan and purpose is in Christ. 

God's wisdom and understanding to all who walk with Jesus.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

On 6/10/2014 at 11:34 AM, Schouwenaars said:

because of this, i don't think there is an universal moral law.

One can look to the definition of sin and test it:

James 4:17 

So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

On 5/14/2019 at 12:08 AM, Michael (limmuwd) said:

There is an Eternal Moral Law of God. The Ten Commandments were an abridged covenantal version. Jesus, and the rest of the NT writers, taught to Ten in their expanded, fullest form. And a bit of food for thought here... The 6th Commandment is quoted in some translations as "you shall not kill", yet God commanded Israel to destroy, every living thing among the 6 peoples that occupied the Promised Land. Oh yes, there is so much more than we have known concerning who God is, what took place in the heavens at the beginning, and what our God's great plan and purpose is in Christ. God's wisdom and understanding to all who walk with Jesus.

This explains why God's law in writing, is obsolete.

Hebrews 8:13 
In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

2 Corinthians 5:17   
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

6 hours ago, SkyWriting said:

This explains why God's law in writing, is obsolete.

Hebrews 8:13 
In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

2 Corinthians 5:17   
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Amen. The ordinances and regulations are indeed obsolete. But His Eternal Moral Law is just that: Eternal. And truly if we are IN Christ, then we ARE the New Covenant, in which God's Eternal Law is written. The Elect of God will BE His Law to the saved nations of the earth. 

“This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them."
- Jer 31:33, Heb 8:10, Heb 10:16