• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

In 1991, I was reading Revelation.  I had a fascination with angels, so, I was also recently done reading Piercing the Darkness by Frank E. Perritti.  Well, I was new at the whole Bible reading thing (independently) although I was raised by devout Christians.  I was reading about 666.  Didn't have a CLUE!  lol  So, I went to ask my dad.  He didn't try to answer, but this is what he did:

He took me outside and showed me a plant.  He asked me what sort of plant it was.  I didn't know.  It was one of those plants that LOOKS like parsley, but wasn't actually parsley.  He told me what it was then took me back inside.  He wrote some numbers on a paper, and then asked me what the numbers were.  Silly me, being about 16 years old, started guessing and trying to figure them out.  My dad just watched me like the loving father than he is.  I finally gave up and said that I didn't know.  That is when he leaned in and said:

"Xxxxxx, if you don't know, ask the one who wrote it"

Me being a stupid teenager, I still didn't get it.  So he said:

"I'm the one who wrote it.  I'm the one who knows it.  ASK ME."

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks!  666!  God knows!!!  Ask GOD!!!

My dad then proceed to conclude the lesson and told me that the numbers were the combination to his locker at work.  After that, I quickly darted off to return to my room ... and pray.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

BTW, that all happened at night.  I remember it being dark outside.  The Internet didn't really "exist" back then either, so, "doing a web search" really wasn't an option in those days (I know you younger folk can't relate).  We were probably on 14.4 dial-up modems ... assuming we even had THAT yet.  And yes, I do believe that God has given  me the answer.  Not then.  But many years later once I stopped looking at that ONE passage of Scripture, and started looking at ALL of the clues:

-iron and clay

-woman on beast

-drunk with blood of saints

-number of man/beast

-rest on 7 mountains

etc

Once I started looking at ALL the clues, I started noticing, through research, that they ALL point to the same exact thing.  And so 666...

...Vicarius Filii Dei

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Once I started looking at ALL the clues, I started noticing, through research, that they ALL point to the same exact thing.  And so 666...

...Vicarius Filii Dei

So Im asking the one who wrote this, what do you think 666 is? In plain english that someone like me can understand.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

In Latin "Vicarius Felii Dei" does add up to 666 and In Latin it does mean "Vicar Son of God."  But the bible was written in Hebrew and Greek not Latin and must be interpreted with Hebrew and Greek meaning.  I can assure you that the number of the beast is not related to the Son of God (Jesus Christ) nor to one of his servants on this earth.  And in Latin the number 666 in the bible does not refer even to a Pope (a minister) as many believe the pope is the anti-christ.  Perhaps you asked the right one who wrote it but did not hear the voice of the one who wrote it.