Need God's Grace not His Justice

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Really feel like God has forgotten me, and gives me my much deserve justice, when more than anyone else I need the gift of Grace that Christ Jesus gives us.   After a bad day of work Tuesday night-Wednesday morning, I was like no way it can get worse.  Didn't even get to work, before I realize yes it could, manage to find black ice and before I could get to the next lane I had a minor fender bender.  Worse not having my own family but everyone in my dad's household will we are all very tight and I was using my brother car.

I just feel like I searching for God's Grace thru Christ and He is hiding it from me.  Heard of a Pentecostal gal who was saying that thee are the last days, and many will lose faith because of disappointment in God.  And that is were I feel i'm at now.  Thanks to the Winter Olympics, I got though the worse holiday for us singles and it took my mind off it.  But I just keep thinking I trusted God for someone, and He just didn't care. 

I know many will say will Paul say there is a gift of singleness or call, I Corinthians 7:7; 24.  And it does confuse me a little but I try to remember that Paul spoke by permission not command, I Corinthians 7:6.  I say it confuses me a little because I know my own abilities and others similar to me cannot contain ourselves (I Corinthians 7:2; Hebrews 13:4).  Yet it seems God ear goes deaf to me and many others. 

It also confuses me so much more when I read in the Creation Story, before the fall of man, that God said on every day it was good.  And Adam in the most perfect of situation had a great relationship with God, yet God only say one thing was not good when talking of the man with a perfect relationship with God:

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone, I will make him an help meet for him. 

Genesis 2:18

So yeah, I really feel like God is giving me justice which is what I deserve, but I need the great grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.

If anyone has some good counsel please PM me, as i'm only using this as a venting area, to close to tears to want to read all this again

Sorry as this is a pain, I have felt all my life just never to this extreme..                     

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

We have His grace. We've been blessed to hear the gospel message and to be able to respond to it. When this life is over, we'll go to be with Him. He's made the ultimate sacrifice so that we could be spared the horrors of hell and eternal separation from Him.

When I start to get down on life, I remind myself of this and ask myself one question......isn't that enough? If He never did one other thing for me, ever, (and believe me, He does waaayyyyy more for me every second of every day than I'll ever realize)...isn't what He did on the cross for me, enough for me?

• 2 years later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 2/28/2014 at 5:59 AM, chloe_fantastic said:

When I start to get down on life, I remind myself of this and ask myself one question......isn't that enough? If He never did one other thing for me, ever, (and believe me, He does waaayyyyy more for me every second of every day than I'll ever realize)...isn't what He did on the cross for me, enough for me?

Beautiful way of thinking, sister Chloe_Fantastic. In fact, when adverse circumstances knock at our door, we tend to think that the Eternal has abandoned us.

So much so that many times we see in the Holy Scripture someone questioning the justice of the Eternal:

1.      “But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped. For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm. They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men. Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment. Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish. They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily. They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth. Therefore his people return hither: and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them. And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High? Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches. Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency. For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning. If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children. When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me; until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.” (Psalms 73.2-17).

2.      “Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God.” (Isa 49.4).

3.       “Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. I sat not in the assembly of the mockers, nor rejoiced; I sat alone because of thy hand: for thou hast filled me with indignation. Why is my pain perpetual, and my wound incurable, which refuseth to be healed? wilt thou be altogether unto me as a liar, and as waters that fail?” (Jer 15.16-18).

4.      “In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.” (Jer 31.29).

5.      “What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?” (Eze 18.2).

6.      “Yet ye say, The way of the LORD is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?” (Eze 18.25).

7.      “Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the LORD is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?” (Eze 18.29).

8.      “Our fathers have sinned, and are not; and we have borne their iniquities.” (Lam 5.7).

9.      “O LORD, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! even cry out unto thee of violence, and thou wilt not save! Why dost thou shew me iniquity, and cause me to behold grievance? for spoiling and violence are before me: and there are that raise up strife and contention. Therefore the law is slacked, and judgment doth never go forth: for the wicked doth compass about the righteous; therefore wrong judgment proceedeth.” (Hc 1.2-4).

10.   “Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction. Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he? And makest men as the fishes of the sea, as the creeping things, that have no ruler over them? They take up all of them with the angle, they catch them in their net, and gather them in their drag: therefore they rejoice and are glad. Therefore they sacrifice unto their net, and burn incense unto their drag; because by them their portion is fat, and their meat plenteous. Shall they therefore empty their net, and not spare continually to slay the nations?” (Habakkuk 1.12-17).

11.   “Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee? Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts? And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.” (Ml 3.13-15).

12.   “And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,” (Matt 20.11).

13.   “And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds. (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)(Lc 19.24-25).

14.   “But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:” (At 9.10-14).

May Jesus allow us to understand his ways:

·          “For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness: when your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work. Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways: unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.” (Psalms 95.7-11).

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.45
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

The question comes: how to answer the questions asked by the people I put in the last post?

Apparently, what we have in these passages are innocent paying for the sins of the wicked. Notwithstanding, considering that the invisible attributes of the Eternal are understood and clearly seen by created things (Rom. 1:20), then all this points to the true righteousness of the Eternal.

But what has one thing to do with the other? To understand this, we need to analyze the response given by the Eternal on the basis of the legal regime in each of the cases cited:

1.     "Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction. How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors. As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image. (Psalms 73.18-20) – the prosperity of the wicked makes him to be consumed with terrors and stumble in every expression of kindness and love.

2.     "... yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God." (Isa 49:4) – we have no reward in this world, but only resources to be burned on the altar of the Eternal, that is, in order that His presence shines around us by instructing and warming us with His love and presence.

3.     “Therefore thus saith the LORD, If thou return, then will I bring thee again, and thou shalt stand before me: and if thou take forth the precious from the vile, thou shalt be as my mouth: let them return unto thee; but return not thou unto them. And I will make thee unto this people a fenced brasen wall: and they shall fight against thee, but they shall not prevail against thee: for I am with thee to save thee and to deliver thee, saith the LORD. And I will deliver thee out of the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem thee out of the hand of the terrible.. "(Jer 15:19-21) - Our happiness here is to experience within ourselves the afflictions of Jesus through His body (Phil. 1.29; 3.10; Col. 1:24), as well as the pain of the isolation brought by sin, which makes it impossible for the Eternal to have fellowship with His own sons. Considering that God is love (1 John 4:8,16), it is painful for Him not to be able to have a relationship with those He created especially to fully identify Himself with them (Gen 1:25,26);

4.     “But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge" (Jer 31:30).

5.     "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." (Ezek. 18: 4).

6.     Yet ye say, The way of the LORD is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal? "(Ezek. 18:25).

7.     "Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin." (Ezek. 18:30). – by the law, there is no way to help the other to overcome the evil that is in oneself. Each one will have to do this alone.

8.     There is no escape from the law: all of them will fatally bear the iniquities of one another. However, if we are willing to carry one another's burdens with love and gratitude (Matt 5:39-45; Gal. 6:2), we will be freed from the weariness and burden (Matt 11.28, 29) that comes when we try to compete with the wicked (1 Pet. 4.4) or justify our attitudes.

9.     "For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces that are not their's. They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their dignity shall proceed of themselves." (Habakkuk 1.6,7)". By law, the only way to fight evil is with evil. Therefore, by law, evil always overcomes and ends up strengthening sin in hearts (1 Cor. 15:56), making the offense abound (Rom 5:20). He who loses fills with hatred and revolt, and whoever gains, begins to trust even more in his wickedness (Isa 47:10; Eze 28.16-17, 10.13).

10.  "For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith." (Hab 2.3,4). – the root of the righteous produces his fruit (Proverbs 12:12) living by faith (Rom. 1:17; Gal 3.11; Hebrew 10.38). He does not depend on the resources of this world (Matt. 6:33; Phil. 4:19), and therefore, he is not impelled to use the net of the wicked to obtain by force the resources he desires.      

11.  "Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name. And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not." (Malachi 3:16-18). - Those whose relationship is based only on what pleases the Eternal and glorifies His name will never consider it a waste of time and energy to use kindness and mercy towards someone, because their pleasure is in serving the Eternal and being free of the things of this world.

12.  “Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day. But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny? Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee. Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?” (Matt 20: 12-15). - The reward of the righteous is not in the physical goods, but in seeing the love of Jesus reaching the greatest number of individuals. After all, there is no way to be prosperous if others do not prosper (Jer. 29.7).

13.  "For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him." (Luke 19:26). – Wealth is given to one who can make better use of it, namely:

·         "He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour." (Psalm 112:9).

·         "(As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever." (2 Corinthians 9:9)

Wealth is given (the miracles that only the glory of the Eternal can bring - Phil 4:19) to those who share with those who have nothing material to offer us in return (Luke 14:12-14).

14.  "But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:" (Acts 9:15). " For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: but God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; and base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: that no flesh should glory in his presence. "(1Cor. 1: 26-29).

As you see, by the covenant of the law, each one takes away his own sin (Ezek. 18:20) and there is nothing that can be done about it. By law it is impossible to see the difference between righteous and ungodly, for by her all are condemned before the Eternal (Rom. 3:19; 11,32; Gal. 3:22). After all, there is no one capable of good (Rom 3.9-18, 7.13-21), thus being condemned to stumble across the law (James 2:10).