• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/06/1966

My dear Worthy Family,

Blessings to all. I am turning on to you again because I am confuse of something that I feel I need to correct or should I? Four years ago, a friend of mine asked my help for a job. I recommended her to my sister's agency and assuring my sister my confidence and trust of her because she is also a christian.  I personally trained and taught her the basics before I left the company just to make sure that she would help my sister. Last week, I found out that person done a grave damage to my sister company. She stole money from the branch funds which she was assigned. To make matters worst, clients lost trust and confidence to the company because of what she did. I have also learned that she is not performing well in spite of her being given a second chance by my sister. She is becoming more unreliable everyday. Sadly, even her being a christian has been questioned by her colleagues who are mostly unbelievers. She even uses her church's activities as an alibi when she don't get the job done.  I am planning to talk to her very soon but I am not sure if it is the right thing to do. Because I cannot understand why someone who is more mature as a christian than I, who even knows the bible more than me could done such things. I cannot understand what she has learned as a christian is not being practiced but instead, is giving a very bad testimony.

I would welcome with grateful heart if you can give me inputs on how to tell her and not sound righteous or judgmental. I am not a perfect christian too but stealing and dishonesty surely doesn't glorify God. I really felt used too because I believed her that time when she was asking my help and how her family turned their back on her. I am so disturbed now and actually afraid of what might come out of my mouth. And I really need your prayers too for God's wisdom on this situation.

Yours truly,

Marilou

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,703
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

knowledge of the Bible or even length of time as a christian doesn't mean more mature. In all honesty, I think its time your sister fires her, especially if she is unreliable and has stolen from the company. I had a similar experience recently-I helped get a friend of mine hired where I work, and he kept bringing his dog to work (I drive truck in the oil field and oil field companies wont allow dogs on location) he was told 3 times not to and he kept doing it, the company fired him. I feel sorry for the guy, he needed the job really bad-but he refused to do what was required, and he got fired. Not much I could do other then pray for him. Im still friends with him-but on the same note I cant go to my boss and try to get him hired back. he made%2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

I'd stay out of it. If your sister's the boss, and you don't even work at the company anymore, then she should be the one to handle it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

This person has alot of troubles in her life with being dishonest, stealing and not to mention the money is more important to her than the people around her. This is a tough one but it is also a test within yourself. You can see clearly this friend is in need of love. I guess I see it differently as in what makes this person do such things maybe an act of kindness can make her see the error of her ways. A friendship gives one confidence and encourages them to be better people. It has to start somewhere if not with your sister than it will be a huge wake up call in this friends life. praying.

desi

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

beautifulmarilou,

I realize you asked this question a couple weeks ago, so an answer may now be irrelevant, but if you have not yet confronted your friend about the issues, I advise you to leave your personal feelings out of it. Don't go to her out of anger or because she hurt you by using you, but out of love as a sister in Christ. Pray about it, of course, and ask the Lord if it's the right thing to do, and to give you the right words to speak. If it's still on your heart to address the issue, then do it humbly and out of love for her soul because you don't want to see her lose her relationship with God. She may not like what you say, and she may accuse you of many things, but "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful." Proverbs 27:6 :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I totally agree with ARose and Patriot on this one. Although it may be a mute point by now; If not handled yet,  I strongly encourage you to feed your friend the scriptures that address the sins in this person's life and like Rose said stay away from the emotional issues. The Word, like a double edged sword will pierce her heart and prick her conscience and hopefully will do the intended purpose. James 5:20

"Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins."

It is always very disturbing to learn that someone we believed to be a true believer that we have put ourselves out on a limb for, has indeed destroyed that trust. We can only imagine from this how God must feel when His children turn their backs on Him after sending His Son to the cross for them and they accept that redemption only to "return to their vomit". Love is not always fluffy and pretty, do what God puts on your heart to do and if nothing, pray for your sister to have strength and wisdom to deal with the situation.