Diatheosis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Not that biblical appearing entertainment even should be swallowed without biting, as God tells us to test everything, but please read the following. Once again we get the confirmation about the importance of checking the backgrounds.

http://thelasthiker.wordpress.com/2014/02/23/the-son-of-god-movie-is-not-what-we-think-do-you-know-the-voice-of-your-master/

Edited by Diatheosis

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

Yes Hollywood & the media are quite capable of fouling up a Bible story. Wasn't it NBC that had a rival ark attacking Noah's ark -- ROFL.

The best Chr movie I know of is the Gospel of John, word for word from a modern translation, only having a stupid introductory statement to placate Jewish persons & probably persons whose money was required to get the show into theaters.  Even going word for word, the visual failed at one point, where John indicates that after the Lord Jesus uttered the I AM (ego eimi) the arresters fell back & down.  It would have been great drama to have the actors do that, but they ignored what the lines called for.  The deity of Christ stands way out in the movie.

One of the worst was Solomon & Sheba, the old Yul Brenner movie.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Someone showed that blog page to me before. I dont think the article has much merit to it. The person hasnt seen the new film and he is basing this all on things he read about the principle people involved in the film.

I know there were changes made from the piece that was shown in the tv series, so perhaps it is good. And perhaps it isnt. From those who know the film, who have seen it or the script etc, I havent yet heard bad about it. 

This review from Christianity Today is a good one. The first page is a bit why he looked at it the way he did, then it gets into the nuts and bolts of the film.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2014/february-web-only/son-of-god.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This comes from a Christian movie review site. After the main review are submissions from every-day viewers submitting their thoughts, so you can get varied perspectives on the film.

http://www.christiananswers.net/spotlight/movies/2014/sonofgod2014.html

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

This is an eye-opener.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Thanks for the review Neb. Changing scripture on things He said is disturbing.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone...

As i did read the link provided by Diatheosis I had to wonder if perhaps it is true for myself what was written about Christians being so familiar with the Bible that they just automatically "fill in the gaps" in their own minds,not realizing what is actually being omitted.As we know & love Jesus we don't have a picture painted of Him by the movie because we know Him.............I would have to watch the Bible Series again from a different perspective because I don't remember anything so terrible as the writer claimed..........perhaps I was one of those Christians????

As for the "Son of God",I am still looking forward to seeing it & I will judge for myself........however,I think i will pay extra attention after reading what I just mentioned........I will try to view it as I imagine a non-believer would........

This thread was eye-opening very informative for me............Praise & Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Come on guys...you know that the book is always better than the movie :-)

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Someone always has something to complain about. While it was not the best movie about Christ I have seen,(some parts seem kind of rushesd) it wasn't that bad. I found the crucifiction seens to be very moving. I liked how they showed Jesus showing love and forgiveness to the sinner instead of condemnation; and how high and mighty "religious leaders" are all hypocrite. It was the kind of movie that I think would make someone want to find out more about who this Jesus person really is.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

idk... i think the person was over reacting. i know from experience that christians will out of their zeal always find something to condemn about a lot of things. trust me even if this movie was scriptural word for word ppl would find a way to say it evil or wrong or the creators are or the actors or just because holly wood made it.