Diatheosis

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

idk... i think the person was over reacting. i know from experience that christians will out of their zeal always find something to condemn about a lot of things. trust me even if this movie was scriptural word for word ppl would find a way to say it evil or wrong or the creators are or the actors or just because holly wood made it.

Judge not, lest ye be judged

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

idk... i think the person was over reacting. i know from experience that christians will out of their zeal always find something to condemn about a lot of things. trust me even if this movie was scriptural word for word ppl would find a way to say it evil or wrong or the creators are or the actors or just because holly wood made it.

i am not judging anyone i am merely stating a fact.

"christians will out of their zeal always find something to condemn"

Zeal is a matter of the heart.  How can you know what is in a heart?

always?  How can you prove "always" from your non-always experience?

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

we cannot always know what is in the heart but mathew 15:18  is a good way to start. but the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart. i get the sense you dont like me too much because of the way you took my words and made whatever that was. it could be because i am not to bright but it didnt make to much sense to me. also please show me how i was judging? because i henstly didnt mean to if i did its just things i have seen many times

we cannot always know what is in the heart but mathew 15:18  is a good way to start. but the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart. i get the sense you dont like me too much because of the way you took my words and made whatever that was. it could be because i am not to bright but it didnt make to much sense to me. also please show me how i was judging? because i henstly didnt mean to if i did its just things i have seen many times

fire-heart, please don't think I don't like you.  I have no hostile feelings for you.  Your post seemed quite critical of the brrrethrren, & I did not like the post.  I put up the scripture.  You may consider if it fits your post or not.   I wish you the best.  And join the club; I am sure that there are those who dislike some of my posts.

fire-heart, please don't think I don't like you.  I have no hostile feelings for you.  Your post seemed quite critical of the brrrethrren, & I did not like the post.  I put up the scripture.  You may consider if it fits your post or not.   I wish you the best.  And join the club; I am sure that there are those who dislike some of my posts.

if i had said all christians did that i would understand but i was only saying christians do that because sadly i have encountered far to many of them. i asked to be shown shown where i was being judgemental because i was afraid maybe i was being judgemental and didnt know it. see the heart is a tricky thing you can be saying something thinking it was good but in your heart it wasnt and our human thinking of always thinking we are right shrouds view of the reason we said something. i seek a loving humble heart not a rash and judgemental one so if i was judgemental i take full responsibilty and apolagize

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Actually, this isn't a "Christian" problem; it is a human problem. People of all beliefs are zealous over that which is important to them, get obsessed over little things, etc. For example, people who are into science tend to judge movies based on their scientific inaccuracies.

As for movies based on the Gospels, I know of three movies that have not been received negatively by the Christian community:

The Jesus Film

The Visual Bible: Matthew (later renamed The Gospel According to Matthew)

The  Gospel of John

Now what I did find interesting about the Christian Spotlight reviews is that people tagged the movie as positive, wrote about the negatives in detail, but likewise explain what made it positive to them in such detail. :confused:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Yes Hollywood & the media are quite capable of fouling up a Bible story. Wasn't it NBC that had a rival ark attacking Noah's ark -- ROFL.

The best Chr movie I know of is the Gospel of John, word for word from a modern translation, only having a stupid introductory statement to placate Jewish persons & probably persons whose money was required to get the show into theaters.  Even going word for word, the visual failed at one point, where John indicates that after the Lord Jesus uttered the I AM (ego eimi) the arresters fell back & down.  It would have been great drama to have the actors do that, but they ignored what the lines called for.  The deity of Christ stands way out in the movie.

One of the worst was Solomon & Sheba, the old Yul Brenner movie.

For the Gospel of John movie, what was the introductory statement to 'placate Jewish persons'?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

The script writer giving us his worldy view on this movie, as to giving us another step away from what the bibledays, bringing more confusion.

Yes Hollywood & the media are quite capable of fouling up a Bible story. Wasn't it NBC that had a rival ark attacking Noah's ark -- ROFL.

The best Chr movie I know of is the Gospel of John, word for word from a modern translation, only having a stupid introductory statement to placate Jewish persons & probably persons whose money was required to get the show into theaters.  Even going word for word, the visual failed at one point, where John indicates that after the Lord Jesus uttered the I AM (ego eimi) the arresters fell back & down.  It would have been great drama to have the actors do that, but they ignored what the lines called for.  The deity of Christ stands way out in the movie.

One of the worst was Solomon & Sheba, the old Yul Brenner movie.

For the Gospel of John movie, what was the introductory statement to 'placate Jewish persons'?

As is well-known, the Gospel of John says negative things about hoi Ioudaioi ("the Jews").  That makes it politically incorrect & objectionable to Jewish financiers.  Yet while there are negations about "the Jews," it is obvious that the Lord Jesus & all his disciples in John are Jews!

So there is this interpretive problem.  What does hoi (the) Ioudaioi (Jews) mean?  Does it mean "Judeans" in the negative contexts?  The text selected for the movie uses a modern translation which translates hoi Ioudaioi something like, "the Jewish authorities."  Thus Jewish readers are not so likely to find that reading anti-Semitic.

If you google on it, you should be able to find the actual words added to the movie right before the narrative starts.  It says something like,

"At the time that the Gospel of John was written, there was conflict between Christians and Jews; this story reflects that conflict."

But after that, the script is verbatim Gospel of John in the modern translation.