EnochBethany

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

Transformation or metamorphosis is directly addressed in Rom 12:1-2 and 2 Cor 3:18.  While the Christian has had a new birth from child of Adam to child of God, there remains a constant necessity of being dressed in Christ (put on the Lord Jesus & make no provision for the flesh -- see Rom 13).  There is Old Man & New Man, Old Morphe (form) & New Morphe (form).  The Christian retains an enemy called "flesh," the Old Adamic Human Nature, in which sin dwells.  The Christian is capable of being a Mr. Hyde vs. Dr. Jekyl.

Means of transformation which I have discovered include

1) being constrained by focusing on Christ's love,

2) beholding as in a mirror the Glory of the Lord,

3) faith, which leads to Christ dwelling in the heart, which leads to being filled to all the fullness of God;

Eph 3:14-19:

1) For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father,  from whom the entire family in heaven and on earth is named, 

2) that he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory,

3) that ye may be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inward man;

5) that Christ may dwell in your hearts

4) through faith;

6) to the end that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be strong to apprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, even to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge,

7) that ye may be filled to all the fulness of God.

Basically the only or main thing the person to be filled does is have faith.  Everything else in this passage is basically done by someone else. (Yes, one might add that the Christian apprehends & knows, but this is from the passive rooted & grounded.)  This is consistent with Galatians 2:  The life which I live in the flesh, I live in faith -- faith in the Son of God who loved me & gave Himself for me.

I find 7 steps, like dominoes that fall in Eph 3:14ff:

1) Intercessory Prayer (someone else prays for the fillee).

2) The Father grants,

3) The Spirit strengthens the inner man (see heart in next verse),

4) strengthened fillee trusts Christ (through faith),

5) Christ dwells in his heart (center of being, not periphery),

6) the fillee grasps the amazing love of Christ,

7) filled unto all the fulness of God (which I take to mean everything God provides to the Christian, including the filling by the Holy Spirit).

BTW, this is the only passage I know of that indicates how a Christian is to be filled.

Can you add any other means from scripture, means of transformation?