missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I have recently read that there are two books that God keeps of all those on this Earth.Their is "The Lamb's Book of Life" that is where all the people who are saved and who are going to heaven are written.There is also a "Book of the Living" .That is a book that has every human that has even been born in it.Also the unbelievers.There is much debate on these books.What do you think?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

What I'm not sure is whether God has already completed the book of life or whether he is still writing it.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

There is a record book of God that contains within it every single person that he created in the womb and born into this world (Psalms 139:16).  Including all the unborn who for whatever reason never came to full term.   God also has a record book called the Lamb's book of life that contains within it all the names who have been saved and washed in the blood of the Lamb (Jesus Christ).  The only names written and recorded within the lamb's book of life are those who have been birthed into the family of God by the Spirit of the one and true living God.  There is the natural family in the earth.  Then there is the spiritual family of God (Ephesians 3:15; 1:10).  I would imagine that God has many other record books that contain many different things concerning each and every one of us.  Scripture even tells us that he has put every tear that we have cried into a bottle.  God knows all about us whether saved or unsaved.  Even the angels rejoice in heaven when a sinner is saved.  I wonder the joy it must give to the Heavenly Father to record the new birth and names of his children that are in Christ Jesus and have been made a new creature as old things are passed away and behold all things are made new.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I have recently read that there are two books that God keeps of all those on this Earth.Their is "The Lamb's Book of Life" that is where all the people who are saved and who are going to heaven are written.There is also a "Book of the Living" .That is a book that has every human that has even been born in it.Also the unbelievers.There is much debate on these books.What do you think?

Phillipians 4:3 "...my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life. "

Rev. 3:5 " He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will  not blot out his name out of the book of life,...."

Rev. 13:8 " And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb..."

Rev. 17:8 " The beast that thou sawest  ....and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world,

Rev.20:11-15 " And I saw a great white throne,...And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened which is the book of life:...And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. "

Rev. 20:19 " And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. "

There appears to be a book of life containing only the names of the children of God which was written at the foundation of the world.

There also is  a book of life from which some names are blotted out.  Is it the same book?  If so what does the blotting out mean?   Loss of salvation?  Or were never saved? 

There are definitely other books.  I am not sure if there are two books of life, one for all the living and one for all the saved.   Or if there is one book of life.

Quantrill

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

in Rev 20:12- and the books(plural) were opened-these are the books of the Bible, and another book was opened, which is the book of life.

and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books(the books of the bible which contained all God's laws and instructions) according to their works.

God was using the books of the bible as His standard for judging and our works as evidence.

That's the way I see it anyway.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

in Rev 20:12- and the books(plural) were opened-these are the books of the Bible, and another book was opened, which is the book of life.

and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books(the books of the bible which contained all God's laws and instructions) according to their works.

God was using the books of the bible as His standard for judging and our works as evidence.

The other books are not the bible but records of men sin 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

That doesn't sound logical that Jesus wouldn't use the books of the Bible He gave us for instruction and the laws to live by to judge others.

what standard of purity and righteousness can be discerned from  books comprised of sins of murder and sexual deviations to name a few?

It makes sense that God would use His own guidebook of morals and ethics and His laws He gave us to live by=the Bible- to determine justice, just as we have the books of the criminal code in our civil lives.

Federal judges don't decide the rule of law based on criminal acts but rather on statutory laws pertaining to such acts. 

Think about it.

Edited by fruitfull77

That doesn't sound logical that Jesus wouldn't use the books of the Bible He gave us for instruction and the laws to live by to judge others.

what standard of purity and righteousness can be discerned from  books comprised of sins of murder and sexual deviations to name a few?

It makes sense that God would use His own guidebook of morals and ethics and His laws He gave us to live by=the Bible- to determine justice, just as we have the books of the criminal code in our civil lives.

Federal judges don't decide the rule of law based on criminal acts but rather on statutory laws pertaining to such acts. 

Think about it.

How are sins recorded ?

Think about it.

How are sins recorded ?

Were the righteous judge at the great white throne ?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Think about it.

How are sins recorded ?

Everything you say,think and do are recorded.God does that.