IGNORED

God literally walked this earth and spoke with us

Guest DRS81

Guest DRS81

I've been thinking about this lately, understanding that God came to us in the flesh as Jesus Christ. The God of the universe spoke with us, hung out with us, ate and drank with us. The disciples got a first glance at what God was, what he wore, what he ate/drank, how he spoke, and how he presented himself. They walked side by side with God. It's just amazing to me, and I hope it's amazing to you too. - DRS81 :grin:

I know, it still blows my mind.

God was enfleshed as a helpless babe and He left ootprints on His own creation ..He sat on the shores and watched His own waves roll in.... Sigh...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I've been thinking about this lately, understanding that God came to us in the flesh as Jesus Christ. The God of the universe spoke with us, hung out with us, ate and drank with us. The disciples got a first glance at what God was, what he wore, what he ate/drank, how he spoke, and how he presented himself. They walked side by side with God. It's just amazing to me, and I hope it's amazing to you too. - DRS81 :grin:

Sometimes I think that none of the disciples had that revelation. How come they don't describe Jesus better? All that you mentioned, if I'm knowing this is God, then hello! I would have him described to perfection. I would have painted him and give him life with words.

But then I guess that, Jesus was so naturally human for them -who knows, maybe too vulgarly human- that they just couldn't realize it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

too vulgarly human

Hey Helm, can you elaborate on this? What do you mean by "vulgarly human"?

Guest DRS81

Sometimes I think that none of the disciples had that revelation. How come they don't describe Jesus better?

Well..... i would think too many exclamation points in the Bible would be an overdo if you know what I mean. The word glory is the word glory. However, I think the disciples got a better idea of who Jesus was when he visited them after death and before resurrecting. I think the disciples wrote in humility and awe. If you read Hebrews 1:3 to an atheist they would shrug it off as whatever, but if you're reading the Bible with the Holy Spirit in you then the exclamation points would be living inside of you as some would say. Authentic love.

Sometimes I think that none of the disciples had that revelation. How come they don't describe Jesus better? All that you mentioned, if I'm knowing this is God, then hello! I would have him described to perfection. I would have painted him and give him life with words.

But then I guess that, Jesus was so naturally human for them -who knows, maybe too vulgarly human- that they just couldn't realize it.

~

Knowledge

And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

Then saith he to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 20:26-28

And Love

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

~

Believe

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

And Be Blessed Beloved

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Love, Joe

I'm glad we don't have a description of Jesus' looks.

It would become a focal point or comparison and that is not what looks are about.

That is not what He's about.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Scripture does declare that the disciples did know Jesus was the Son of God. It is clearly stated in the NT. IF you do not get this from your reading and studies, who do you say Jesus is if not God the Son?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I'm glad we don't have a description of Jesus' looks.

It would become a focal point or comparison and that is not what looks are about.

That is not what He's about.

here may be one verse of Jesus on earth, what is your opinion on this verse
ISA 53:1-2
1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Until the death and resurrection of Jesus, the disciples were obligated to the Mosaic covenant, so when Jesus walked the earth, they were not to make an image of Him. The lack of a painting or statue made of Him was due to the Mosaic law. 

While using words to describe Him would not have been prohibited, the NT words are given to us thru the writers who received revelation from God. God was in control of what went into scriptures, so it seems that God chose not to include a detailed description of what Jesus body looked like.

The NT also has many many areas where it warns against making idols and worshipping idols. Perhaps, having paintings, statues, etc, is an issue for people?