• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

Is omniscient, in the bible ?

Are you serious??? It is an orthodox and universally accepted doctrine. The word itself is not in the Bible, just like the word "Trinity" is not "in the Bible". Are you saying that you believe God does NOT know all things? Are you proposing that God is perpetually ignorant and finding out new information every millisecond? either one or the other is truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I sometimes think that if a person is going through a trial too joyfully, it isn't doing much good.  I believe the trial is to bring us to the point of breaking.  I know the Lord will not give us more than we can handle.  But, what He says I can handle and what I believe I can handle is two different marks, His being the greater. 

If Jesus Christ learned obedience by the things he suffered, how shall we not learn any other way?    Which brings to mind a question, when was Jesus Christ ever disobedient, so that He had to learn obedience?

Quantrill

Very well said! May I quote you in the future?

The only thing I would comment on is Jesus learned obedience not from disobedience but from having never had a differing mindset from the Father in eternity past up to the time he became in addition to being God the Word a human being in the order of Adam before the fall.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Are you serious??? It is an orthodox and universally accepted doctrine. The word itself is not in the Bible, just like the word "Trinity" is not "in the Bible". Are you saying that you believe God does NOT know all things? Are you proposing that God is perpetually ignorant and finding out new information every millisecond? either one or the other is truth.

You are right trinity and omniscient doe not exist in the bible.

Just because the word exist, that does not make real so the bible.

Even tho  test and trial are to teach us also, it also let God knows our heart.

1 Chronicles 29:17

17  I know also, my God, that thou triest the heart, and hast pleasure in uprightness.

Does God know what its like to sin, like you know sin ?

Is God limited ?

He cannot lie

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

You are right trinity and omniscient doe not exist in the bible.

Just because the word exist, that does not make real so the bible.

Even tho  test and trial are to teach us also, it also let God knows our heart.

1 Chronicles 29:17

17  I know also, my God, that thou triest the heart, and hast pleasure in uprightness.

Does God know what its like to sin, like you know sin ?

Is God limited ?

He cannot lie

God certainly knows all ABOUT sin! He holds the very molecules of the universe together by His power, so how can He not know what those molecules are doing? The mystery of the sovereignty of God against the freewill of man, and even the angels (at least at one time they chose), is one of the most difficult of all things to reconcile, as is the origin and existence of sin in the universe God holds together while He Himself keeps separate from it (Holiness). God is only limited where He limits HIMSELF, brother! This is not the same as an outside force dictating anything to the Almighty God. People can sin because God has allowed it to be so, not because we are greater than Him and can override the order of the universe. Satan is still operating on the earth because God has decided and decreed that the devil will be fully punished for his rebellion in a certain way at a future time. For now, he is allowed to tempt and lie to mankind. You seem to be arguing for a God that is not all powerful or omniscient. Is this the case? make yourself clear, please

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

I don't believe sin is a substance or a molecules thingy.

Sin is just breaking the laws.

That comes from the heart, thoughts.

I believe God is very powerful and he is the creator and there is none above him and we must serve him.

God makes his laws about himself also and cannot break them because its not his nature to.

If he breaks his own laws, can we trust him ?

God does not  know what its like to have an evil wicked heart like man does or devils.

God sees the evil men do.

As some believe that we are born with a sin nature, does God have a sin nature ?

I just see some scriptures where God test and tries people to know their true hearts for himself.

Under Pressure some people will deny Jesus.

Edited by Bible_Gazer

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

Bible_Gazer,

Good response.  But I want to take you a little higher in your knowledge of what sin is.  Try to remember this basic thing:

SIN IS ANYTHING THAT IS AN OFFENSE.

Too easy ... right?

So, basically, you can do something that the Law does NOT cover.  Oh-uh.  But if sin is a violation of the Law, then there is no offense ... right?  Wrong.  God is still offended and you will still be Judged for that sin.

So, sin is not necessarily a violation of the Law.  I eat pork.  I sin not.  But, it is a violation of the Law of Moses though, right?  Yessir.  It sure is.  Now, if I gave that same piece of pork, desguised it in a plate of food, and fed it to a SDA or a Jew or some such person, I have SINNED because I've not induced an offense on them.  They do not eat pork, and I tricked them into eating it.  They are offended by it ... and I have sinned against them because I deliberately offended them.

James 4:17 can shed like on it also.

Even if you FEEL something is wrong and you do it, you SIN AGAINST YOURSELF.  How?  Well, its cause you cause an offense against yourself.

So, keep this knowledge close.  Sin is not just elements of the violation of Law.  Sin is not what someone puts on you in their foolish judgment of your character (in fact, they are the ones sinning in their offense).  Sin is an OFFENSE to God - and that is ANYTHING that is an offense.  It is also ANYTHING that is an offense to you.  It is also ANYTHING that you deliberately do to another which is offensive.

I hope that makes sense.  If not, it'll all make sense to you one day.  I plant a seed, someone or something else will water it ... but it is GODS decision if He will make it grow.

But I want to take you a little higher in your knowledge of what sin is.  Try to remember this basic thing:

Too easy ... right?

So, basically, you can do something that the Law does NOT cover.  Oh-uh.  But if sin is a violation of the Law, then there is no offense ... right?  Wrong.  God is still offended and you will still be Judged for that sin.

So, sin is not necessarily a violation of the Law.  I eat pork.  I sin not.  But, it is a violation of the Law of Moses though, right?  Yessir.  It sure is.  Now, if I gave that same piece of pork, disguised it in a plate of food, and fed it to a SDA or a Jew or some such person, I have SINNED because I've not induced an offense on them.  They do not eat pork, and I tricked them into eating it.  They are offended by it ... and I have sinned against them because I deliberately offended them.

Even if you FEEL something is wrong and you do it, you SIN AGAINST YOURSELF.  How?  Well, its cause you cause an offense against yourself.

So, keep this knowledge close.  Sin is not just elements of the violation of Law.  Sin is not what someone puts on you in their foolish judgment of your character (in fact, they are the ones sinning in their offense).  Sin is an OFFENSE to God - and that is ANYTHING that is an offense.  It is also ANYTHING that is an offense to you.  It is also ANYTHING that you deliberately do to another which is offensive.

I hope that makes sense.  If not, it'll all make sense to you one day.  I plant a seed, someone or something else will water it ... but it is GODS decision if He will make it grow.

~

Sin

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

Is Missing The Mark

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:48

And Beloved, Many Many Are Never Offended

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1:32

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,787
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

"That the trial of this life" all that was made was not comparable to value till God's Breath came

into man- imaging him into That of God's Own Image and it is here we began before sin and death with

resulting destruction to all that was made in the end of the begin...

God is taking us forward to that state of Being and testing is the evident evaluation of our progress;

both God showing and we seeing so that we are without excuse in the escapism of ignorance :thumbsup:

Love, Steven

I think the greatest example ... is Job.

God always knows the end from the beginning.  He is not looking for an answer ... but giving you an OPPORTUNITY.

An opportunity to do what?  To glorify Him, liberate your soul, and to shame your accuser!

Also, it's not that we are forbidden to test God, for the Scriptures clearly say to test Him in Malachi 3:10.  Clearly, o "taste and see" the goodness of the Lord.  TRY God.  But do not TEMPT Him.  It's all about context and application ... and the desire of your heart.  I can test God through obedience.  Like, if He PROMISED something, I could put myself in discomfort so that I can LEARN His faithfulness, and SEE His power.  But, if I do something because I want to gain from it, well, He may hide His face from me. 

Be wise about it.

This is a good post, thank you for Malachi. Can you also give me a day to day example of how to try and test God. Also show me how trying and testing is different than tempting. BLessings, David.

This is a good question because it's not something I actually do ... these days.  I know I used to test God when I was a new convert, but that is because I was learning about Him, and putting His goodness to the test, so i could LEARN His Word and His character.  Sorry, I can't remember exact examples.  I just know that I did ... but that was some 20 years ago.  After all, the Scriptures say "taste and see that the Lord is good".  To 'taste' is to come INTO THE KNOWLEDGE OF SOMETHING.  Those who have already tasted already know that He is good, so, there is no longer any reason to test Him.  We are now convinced.  We have passed that milky stuff of getting to know God.  I think once you mature in knowledge, faith, experience, and in the Spirit, there is no longer the need or desire to test.  Why test something that you are fully convinced about?  I just can't see how I can apply that to my walk in 2014.  But, lol, I know I tested Him in the early 90's.

It's kinda like testing your boyfriend/girlfriend in the early parts of your dating.  But, after being married for several years, you are so past the point of trying to "test" them.  Why?  Because by that time, you know where the two of your stand (or you should!).

Tempting is different.  You'd tempt your spouse well into your marriage.  You try to bribe.  You try to "seduce" something out of them.  You try to do something with the kids so that they will "permit" you to hang out with your friends later.  Similarly, this is when you assume that God will do something just because His Word says He will ... or because you assume He will.  

Observe how Jesus was tempted.  The Word of God DOES say that His angels will hold you up, lest you be dashed against the rocks.  Notice how Satan used the Word of God too.  But, what the Word does NOT say is to .... JUMP!  It says that His angels will hold you up, but that is if you FALL.  But if you JUMP, who told you that He would promise to deliver you everytime you take some foolish action?  he never made any such promise.  That is what it is to TEMPT God.  You are charging Him, demanding that He move on YOUR terms.  Jesus is saying not to do that ... cause you might get no response.  But if you fall, God will be there to catch you.  But if you JUMP ... well ... whose fault is it if you didn't check to see if there was a net below?  LOL

DISCLAIMER: I type "you" a lot in my responses.  Most cases, I am not talking about the person I'm responding to.  You is a generic term - it's much easier to type that "the person"

I hope this all makes sense.

But I want to take you a little higher in your knowledge of what sin is.  Try to remember this basic thing:

Too easy ... right?

So, sin is not necessarily a violation of the Law.  I eat pork.  I sin not.  But, it is a violation of the Law of Moses though, right?  Yessir.  It sure is.  Now, if I gave that same piece of pork, disguised it in a plate of food, and fed it to a SDA or a Jew or some such person, I have SINNED because I've not induced an offense on them.  They do not eat pork, and I tricked them into eating it.  They are offended by it ... and I have sinned against them because I deliberately offended them.

~

Sin

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

Is Missing The Mark

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:48

And Beloved, Many Many Are Never Offended

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1:32

All sinned indeed.  This is why Jesus is the Holy ONE of God.  The Righteous ONE.

lol

So often people over look the "one" in that double-jointed title.

Being perfect = effectiveness.  Not the only reason, but I've seen that last year.  Like, a pastor must be "blameless" (perfect).  Why?  because if they are not, or for example, they are divorced, how can they be EFFECTIVE in dealing with divorce?

It is as my father told me when I was a boy, "sin shuts the mouths of the fathers".  

In other words, its hard to deliver someone from something when you yourself are guilty.  This is why Jacob said nothing when his sons killed all those men after tricking them into circumcision.  They were like, "are we to treat our sister as a whore!?"   And Jacob could say nothing in response.

This is why we must be PERFECT ... so that we can be EFFECTIVE.  if we are not perfect, we can and will be ineffective in our walk and our testimony, and our leadership.

Well, that is part of the reason.  God showed this to me late last year.  This is why a pastor must be blameless (same as perfect).  It's not just about his own character.  Who cares if someone has a blameless character living on the north pole?  Not me.  So, it's not about them, but about everyone else.  Be perfect so that your testimony is not hurt.  be perfect so that people will BELIEVE you and cannot find fault in you, and hence, cannot deny that your words of from God.  be perfect so that you can lead in ALL areas of ministry, that you can talk about sexual sin, divorce, alcoholism, drug use, raising kids right, feeding the poor, etc.  When you are perfect, your Ministry and walk in Christ are ... unhindered by you.  And even if the enemy tries to knock you off, the witness of your life will stand for you, and even your enemies will have to admit your good character, and skeptics will have to admit that you are of God and God in you.

This is what God has shown me ... and I've learned long ago that not everything that is shown to me should be shared with others.  For some, it just isn't for.  But for me, this is the Word of God.