• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

All sinned indeed.  This is why Jesus is the Holy ONE of God.  The Righteous ONE.

lol

So often people over look the "one" in that double-jointed title.

Being perfect = effectiveness.  Not the only reason, but I've seen that last year.  Like, a pastor must be "blameless" (perfect).  Why?  because if they are not, or for example, they are divorced, how can they be EFFECTIVE in dealing with divorce?

It is as my father told me when I was a boy, "sin shuts the mouths of the fathers".  

In other words, its hard to deliver someone from something when you yourself are guilty.  This is why Jacob said nothing when his sons killed all those men after tricking them into circumcision.  They were like, "are we to treat our sister as a whore!?"   And Jacob could say nothing in response.

This is why we must be PERFECT ... so that we can be EFFECTIVE.  if we are not perfect, we can and will be ineffective in our walk and our testimony, and our leadership.

Well, that is part of the reason.  God showed this to me late last year.  This is why a pastor must be blameless (same as perfect).  It's not just about his own character.  Who cares if someone has a blameless character living on the north pole?  Not me.  So, it's not about them, but about everyone else.  Be perfect so that your testimony is not hurt.  be perfect so that people will BELIEVE you and cannot find fault in you, and hence, cannot deny that your words of from God.  be perfect so that you can lead in ALL areas of ministry, that you can talk about sexual sin, divorce, alcoholism, drug use, raising kids right, feeding the poor, etc.  When you are perfect, your Ministry and walk in Christ are ... unhindered by you.  And even if the enemy tries to knock you off, the witness of your life will stand for you, and even your enemies will have to admit your good character, and skeptics will have to admit that you are of God and God in you.

This is what God has shown me ... and I've learned long ago that not everything that is shown to me should be shared with others.  For some, it just isn't for.  But for me, this is the Word of God.

The reality state of us is that we are in constant need of The Provision of Forgiveness

Heb 7:25-26

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come

unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled,

separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

KJV

as this is spelled out He 'IS' always making intercession for us why is this so and

why is our standard lowered so that we think we are not still having effects of sinful

nature - is due to the deceitfulness of sin! You see

Heb 3:13-14

13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any

of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we are made

partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast

unto the end;

KJV

If we are obedient to His Word and live pleasing to The Lord it will be in the understanding

He Has Given us in His Word ... this is why we are in Spirit we are broken and contrite for

we are as unable to walk perfectly >all who walk in the light realize sin in themselves< for

the moment you say we have not sinned we have made God a liar

1 John 1:8-10

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is

not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive

us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say

that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

KJV

As the combined thought of these verses is The Perfection that is in Christ and our need never

to stray from this truth is to walk perfectly in His Perfection and not a pseudo perfection of

our own... if it were possible, after new birth, to have our own working perfection would these

verses be in there? You see we just lower the standard of God's perfection so that we may be

proud or worthy or whatever so to stand in our own whatever... there is no shame in the childlike

need of God The Father's moment by moment provision of His Son in our behalf unto His Perfection

the total absence of sin and it's effects in presence! Presently we are in a learning frenzy of

what sin is and we grow to hate it more day by day for what it isn't... Love, Steven

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone!

Oh....to God be the Glory!!!!!Many of our trials & tribulations that God allows may be viewed by some as  tests when actually they are the  privilege & honor to be used as a living testimony that will give God the Glory...........

When I was first diagnosed with incurable cancer I was immediately re-assured by the Lord that it would be well.......the Holy Spirit gave me boldness & confidence in His Blessed Assurance to boast proudly in Christ to whomever was a witness that they should get ready to see a miracle from God,I felt great joy that the Lord trusted me because I trusted Him..........

Of my own accord I never would have been able to go from room to room while I was hospitalized proclaiming the Name that is above all Names with a heart full of love & joy to those who were without hope,it was by the Power of the Holy Spirit that lifted my spirit above the pain in my body...........I am nobody special,not any different than anyone else that God could have chosen for His purpose..........to show He is still a miracle working God ,the same as He was yesterday,He is today & will be forevermore.................Oh yes,to God be the Glory!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

Blessings Everyone!

Oh....to God be the Glory!!!!!Many of our trials & tribulations that God allows may be viewed by some as  tests when actually they are the  privilege & honor to be used as a living testimony that will give God the Glory...........

When I was first diagnosed with incurable cancer I was immediately re-assured by the Lord that it would be well.......the Holy Spirit gave me boldness & confidence in His Blessed Assurance to boast proudly in Christ to whomever was a witness that they should get ready to see a miracle from God,I felt great joy that the Lord trusted me because I trusted Him..........

Of my own accord I never would have been able to go from room to room while I was hospitalized proclaiming the Name that is above all Names with a heart full of love & joy to those who were without hope,it was by the Power of the Holy Spirit that lifted my spirit above the pain in my body...........I am nobody special,not any different than anyone else that God could have chosen for His purpose..........to show He is still a miracle working God ,the same as He was yesterday,He is today & will be forevermore.................Oh yes,to God be the Glory!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

You GO Girl!! That's what I'm talkin' bout!!

If only more Christians would walk out the tests and be a test-imony to the power and love of the living and active Christ! Thanks for sharing that. I have not fought cancer, but have testimonies in other areas of life. God will do the impossible, if we will believe and not doubt what His Spirit assures us of.

Blessed!

Andy

Blessings Andy!

Halleluliah!We all have testimonies ....we are living testimonies that our Redeemer lives,we serve the One,the Only,the True Living God Almighty,,,,,,,He is THE GREAT I AM!!!!!!    It's all about Him & if we are going to proclaim that we are His,that we are Christians, then we better do the walk....we may be the ONLY ones to represent our Lord & Savior & that Power that works in us to a non-believer

Right now there is heartache in my life and only because Christ abides in me can I encourage someone else who is downtrodden,we MUST walk in spirit & in truth .....focus on what is eternal,not temporal & we can go on to be used effectively as God  calls us to do His Will.................Glory to God,my Brother......would love to hear you testify!!!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

Blessings Everyone!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Posts like this is why I come to worthy everyday. This gives me great confidence in my own trials and helps me to see how faithful God is. Praise our God!

Blessings Saved......

Yes,Praise our God & to Him be the Glory................We are members of that same Body & I need you as much as you need me,I was just going through a little something & I said"Ah,I am DONE with Worthy!!!!".....I felt like no one receives,it is all in vain.....kick the dust off my feet & move on.....but I prayed & sought council from the Lord......"Look at your email"is all I heard....................and there you were,Saved,there you were......thank you,thank God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/13/1968

Genesis 22:1-2

1  And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt(TEST) Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.

2  And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah;

and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

Genesis 22:11-12

11  And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

12  And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him:

for now I know that thou fearest God,

seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

testing is for God to know our true heart

I respectfully disagree. God is omniscient, He knows all things, including the future. Jesus stated that God knows what is in the heart of man. Nothing catches God by surprise because He is also eternal, outside of time. God created the space-time continuum and has demonstrated his power and control over time in many ways in the scripture. The greatest proof is the sweeping revelation given to John "in the spirit", where God takes him and shows him events thousands of years in the future. I understand that there are statements made in the Old Testament such as the one you just quoted, where God is speaking to a man of limited understanding, and speaks to him on his level, which can make God appear less than omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, and eternal. The fact that God chooses to communicate thus (there are other examples, like when Abraham barters for Sodom and Gomorrah and "changes God's mind") does not negate His actual supremacy and Divine qualities. The rest of scripture interprets statements like this, not the other way around. God already knows what is in the heart or every man who ever lived or will live. The test is not for Him to know anything, but it does expose the truth so that man can know, and so that man can then properly interact with his God. I would alter your statement thus:

testing is for God to expose our true heart

Dear Brother......I agree with the statement; God already knows what's in our hearts, sometimes we just need to remember what God did for us? How many of us forget to say thank you for our blessings father? We have a new found joy in our hearts, but forget on times who gave us this undeserved JOY? So maybe just maybe, God needs to test us from time to time as a little reminder..........a gentle little  :emot-poke:

I know when I took my spiritual baby steps with God, all wrapped up in cotton wool, there was no feeling in the world like it.....but as any good parent we have to let go of our childrens hand and allow them to become independant.

We all know what comes from this????? :happyhappy: but we have to allow our children to make mistakes in order to learn from them........So I believe, God allows us to make mistakes when he lets go of our hand a little while, to see how and what we will do with the teachings he has bestowed in our hearts. As God is all knowing, he will be waiting for us to come running to HIM with open arms.......

DADDY PLEASE HELP ME .......I cant get through this ordeal without YOU !!!!!

So you see......God never leaves US ....We leave him, and lean on our own understanding for a while, when we do this thats when all the trouble starts, God has to teach us in our grown up state of minds as we have adapted to our parents ways and teachings, which are not the ways of the bible or 10 commandments  ......We need to say to God- LET THE SHAPING BEGIN!

When we can learn God's obedience, then we can start to learn what God wants to do with our lives, we all have a given purpose, but God cannot reveal it to us until we are all TRUSTING in HIM in all of our ways. 

I have been trying for 6 years to FULLY RELY ON GOD.......much harder than writing words of PRAISE ME THINKS? HAVE TO DO THE WALK TOO..... :grin: 

So from me to you..........hopefully I am getting better each day at handing it all over to GOD ......and it helps to write from the heart to others......like I am doing now here to you all my brothers and sisters....We have all been on a painful journey is our lives in one way or another, OTHERWISE we would not have become born again would we? 

Love & Blessings Sis :mgcheerful:  

Love & Blessings Sis 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Miss Agapelove,

Yes, this goes back to what was said earlier in the  thread, that the tests and trials are so that we would know ourselves, that both our strengths and weaknesses, truth and falsehood, new man and ways of the old man, all would be exposed. It is the "refiners fire" that brings impurities to the surface, and also the presence and properties of the "pure gold"! I am always encouraged by the idea of being an overcomer in Christ. We are told that we are "more than conquerors" through Christ. This is awesome, but also implies that there are going to be things to overcome, and battles to fight in order to be that conqueror! We are only "victorious" when we have faced a fight or a challenge to our faith.  I think that one of the biggest errors in mindset that Christians make is to desire and expect everything to be easy, comfortable, and safe in this life. When we think like that, we begin to try to manipulate circumstance and insulate ourselves. We also begin to think that anything difficult and challenging must not be ordained by God, so we avoid those kinds of experiences. Often, God steers us toward difficult and risky ventures in His name. I am not saying that it is always this way, but just to encourage an honest reading of Acts, and asking ourselves if God seems to be "safe" and "comfortable" the way we often want Him to be!!