• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

An interesting quote I've read:

"My observation of Christendom is that most of us tend to base our relationship with God on our performance instead of on His grace. If we've performed well - whatever "well" is in our opinion - then we expect God to bless us. If we haven't done so well, our expectations are reduced accordingly. In this sense, we live by our works, rather than by grace. We are saved by grace, but we are living by the "sweat" of our own performance.

Moreover, we are always challenging ourselves and one another to "try harder." We seem to believe success in the Christian life (however we define success) is basically up to us: our commitment, our discipline, and our zeal, with some help from God along the way. We give lip service to the attitude of the Apostle Paul, "but by the grace of God I am what I am" (1 Cor. 15:10), but our unspoken motto is, "God helps those who help themselves." - Jerry Bridges

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

2Co. 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

The grace of God is supposed to make a Christian to abound in every good work, in all things and at all times. Grace is God extending His finger or Spirit to us, so that through the power of the Spirit we become able to do things that a human being couldn't normally do. The number one thing we should use the grace of God to do is to become perfect in character. Of course, the grace of God also makes it possible for us to do all manners of miracles.

Lk. 19:13 So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas. [A mina was about three months’ wages.] `Put this money to work,’ he said, `until I come back.’

The Parable of the Mina is about how we put the grace of God to use.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

i dont think there is any question of how grace is needed. see i am weak in almost everyway so in order to be strong i need complete reliance on god. grace gives me full access to him

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

2Co. 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

The grace of God is supposed to make a Christian to abound in every good work, in all things and at all times. Grace is God extending His finger or Spirit to us, so that through the power of the Spirit we become able to do things that a human being couldn't normally do. The number one thing we should use the grace of God to do is to become perfect in character. Of course, the grace of God also makes it possible for us to do all manners of miracles.

Lk. 19:13 So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas. [A mina was about three months’ wages.] `Put this money to work,’ he said, `until I come back.’

The Parable of the Mina is about how we put the grace of God to use.

But don't forget:

John 6:29 - Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."

and

Matt. 22

36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law ?" 37 And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' 38 "This is the great and foremost commandment. 39 "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' 40 "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."