• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

DRS81...well I am happy to hear that you were complete.  So many times I hear people say that they will only be happy in Heaven if their loved ones are there.  And sometimes even a pet.  One more question.....was the room large enough for more than the three of you?   

Guest DRS81

1x1is1, the room reminded me of an ordinary apartment bedroom. It was very bright in the room too because of either God's glory or the sunshine. :)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

Thus saith ol Eliphaz the Temanite, miserable "friend" of Job:

Q

12     Now a thing was  secretly brought to me,

And mine ear received a whisper thereof.

13     In thoughts from the visions of the night,

When deep sleep falleth on men,

14     Fear came upon me, and trembling,

Which made all my bones to shake.

15     Then  a spirit passed before my face;

The hair of my flesh stood up.

16     It stood still, but I could not discern the appearance thereof;

A form was before mine eyes:

There was silence, and I heard a voice, saying,

17     Shall mortal man  be more just than God?"

unQ

"And it was so, that, after Jehovah had spoken these words unto Job, Jehovah said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends; for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right,"

Why would anyone believe an Eliphaz-ish claim to a vision or dream from the Lord?

To authenticate prophecy requires that a prophet be able to make infallible short term predictions that come true.  I conclude from 1 Cor 13 that prophecy, as a gift, has ceased in the Church Age.  In the OT death penalty was prescribed for claiming to be a prophet falsely.    To authenticate a prophet requires infallible predictions that come true.  Before anyone is to believed as a prophet, he must first demonstrate ability to predict the future.

Years ago, I ran into a woman who claimed a vision/dream as to how Christ was coming back this year.  I told her she was a false prophet.

"And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write:

These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like a flame of fire, and his feet are like unto burnished brass: 19 I know thy works, and thy love and faith and ministry and   patience, and that thy last works are more than the first. 20 But I have this against thee, that thou sufferest the woman Jezebel, who calleth herself a prophetess; and she teacheth and seduceth my servants"

He didn't say this was a prophesy.

He didn't say the dream was "from the Lord."  

He didn't claim to be a prophet.

So who is all that stuff above aimed at?  It couldn't be aimed at the OP because he made none of the above claims.  He simply described a dream he had.  Comparing someone who is just describing a dream they had to Eliphaz makes no sense whatsoever.

"So who is all that stuff above aimed at? "

My post is not a backquote to anyone. It is Biblical instruction on the topic.  If the shoe fits, wear it.  Compare whatever you want to Eliphaz, who claimed a vision, but was rebuked by the Lord.

It couldn't be aimed at the OP because he made none of the above claims.  He simply described a dream he had.  Comparing someone who is just describing a dream they had to Eliphaz makes no sense whatsoever.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

Q

unQ

"And it was so, that, after Jehovah had spoken these words unto Job, Jehovah said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends; for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right,"

Why would anyone believe an Eliphaz-ish claim to a vision or dream from the Lord?

Now it should be noted that the post which began this thread did not claim to be a vision or dream from the Lord.

So one would not classify that poster as an Eliphaz nor as a Jezebel.

To authenticate prophecy requires that a prophet be able to make infallible short term predictions that come true.  I conclude from 1 Cor 13 that prophecy, as a gift, has ceased in the Church Age.  In the OT death penalty was prescribed for claiming to be a prophet falsely.    To authenticate a prophet requires infallible predictions that come true.  Before anyone is to believed as a prophet, he must first demonstrate ability to predict the future.

Years ago, I ran into a woman who claimed a vision/dream as to how Christ was coming back this year.  I told her she was a false prophet.

These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like a flame of fire, and his feet are like unto burnished brass: 19 I know thy works, and thy love and faith and ministry and   patience, and that thy last works are more than the first. 20 But I have this against thee, that thou sufferest the woman Jezebel, who calleth herself a prophetess; and she teacheth and seduceth my servants"

first off i would like to note the gift of prophecy has not and will not cease until the end. second merely recieving a dream or vision does not make one a prophet and third who knows? maybe she was right maybe jesus will return this year. i end with this. in the last day God says i will pour out my spirit on all ppl. your sons and daughters will prophesy your young men will see visions your old men will dream dreams

1 Cor 13 says that prophecy would cease; & it has.

If one receives a vision or dream & then published it, that would be a prophecy.

There is no possibility of the lady being right who said Christ would return that year because that year came & went long ago!

Scripture says,

"And it shall be in the last days, saith God,

I will pour forth of my Spirit upon all flesh:

And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

And your young men shall see visions,

And your old men shall dream dreams:

18     Yea and on my  servants and on my  handmaidens in those days

Will I pour forth of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy.

19     And I will show wonders in the heaven above,

And signs on the earth beneath;

Blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke:

20     The sun shall be turned into darkness,

And the moon into blood,"

We are not at that point yet.  This happens during or at the end of Daniel's 70th week, during or at the end of the Great Tribulation. But we are not there yet.

As for prophecy, it shall cease!  And it has ceased for the Church age.

Now if you have a person who predicts the future infallibly, with indisputable fulfillments & no errors, you might have a case.  But show the proof!  We should not suffer any false prophet Jezebel.

i am not going to debate with you on this if you dont want to understand then thats between you God but i have seen the future and i am watching it unfold before my very eyes. that is how i know god was warning me.

You claim, "i have seen the future and i am watching it unfold before my very eyes. that is how i know god was warning me."

To authenticate your experience, why not give us some short term predictions, so the validity can be checked.  Tell us the high & low temperature in New York on March 16, 2014 -- something like that.

Num 12 "Hear now my words: if there be a prophet among you, I YHWH will make myself known unto him in a vision, I will speak with him in a dream. "

Deut 18: 

"But the prophet, that shall speak a word presumptuously in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.  21 And if thou say in thy heart, How shall we know the word which YHWH hath not spoken?  22 when a prophet speaketh in the name of YHWH, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which YHWH hath not spoken: the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously, thou shalt not be afraid of him."

As I said,

Now it should be noted that the original post which began this thread did not claim to be a vision or dream from the Lord.

So one would not classify that poster as an Eliphaz or as a Jezebel!

This is not a rebuke to him at all.

DRS81....did you or the other fellow have white robes?  Did you notice any change in your physical features... like do you wear glasses now but not in the dream....was the temperature noticeable, like not hot or cold?   :lightbulb2:  

Guest DRS81

1x1is1, Blessings. I wasn't really aware of my clothing, just being comforted by Jesus. I wasn't aware of clothing floating up and also in the room. The love from Jesus and being comforted, holding him tight and him holding me tight in his arms is pretty much nailed into my memory. I did notice his hands were very tan also. That's very strange to me, his hands were very tan. I would remember white robes though, if I had them. No change in physical features, no. There was no temperature, all I remember is being loved and protected. What really is interesting to me is that I love rivers and ponds and creeks and meadows and parks, and he knew exactly what would bring me peace, a POND, GRASS, TREES, THE SUN! God is good!! - With love, David.

DRS81......just gotta know,   what were you doing here on earth just before your being taken?  I mean in your dream, were you sleeping, working, eating, or even watching tv?  Thanks and Blessings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Q

unQ

first off i would like to note the gift of prophecy has not and will not cease until the end. second merely recieving a dream or vision does not make one a prophet and third who knows? maybe she was right maybe jesus will return this year. i end with this. in the last day God says i will pour out my spirit on all ppl. your sons and daughters will prophesy your young men will see visions your old men will dream dreams

1 Cor 13 says that prophecy would cease; & it has.

If one receives a vision or dream & then published it, that would be a prophecy.

There is no possibility of the lady being right who said Christ would return that year because that year came & went long ago!

Scripture says,

"And it shall be in the last days, saith God,

I will pour forth of my Spirit upon all flesh:

And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

And your young men shall see visions,

And your old men shall dream dreams:

18     Yea and on my  servants and on my  handmaidens in those days

Will I pour forth of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy.

19     And I will show wonders in the heaven above,

And signs on the earth beneath;

Blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke:

20     The sun shall be turned into darkness,

And the moon into blood,"

We are not at that point yet.  This happens during or at the end of Daniel's 70th week, during or at the end of the Great Tribulation. But we are not there yet.

As for prophecy, it shall cease!  And it has ceased for the Church age.

Now if you have a person who predicts the future infallibly, with indisputable fulfillments & no errors, you might have a case.  But show the proof!  We should not suffer any false prophet Jezebel.

i am not going to debate with you on this if you dont want to understand then thats between you God but i have seen the future and i am watching it unfold before my very eyes. that is how i know god was warning me.

You claim, "i have seen the future and i am watching it unfold before my very eyes. that is how i know god was warning me."

To authenticate your experience, why not give us some short term predictions, so the validity can be checked.  Tell us the high & low temperature in New York on March 16, 2014 -- something like that.

Num 12 "Hear now my words: if there be a prophet among you, I YHWH will make myself known unto him in a vision, I will speak with him in a dream. "

Deut 18: 

"But the prophet, that shall speak a word presumptuously in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.  21 And if thou say in thy heart, How shall we know the word which YHWH hath not spoken?  22 when a prophet speaketh in the name of YHWH, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which YHWH hath not spoken: the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously, thou shalt not be afraid of him."

look i am not a prophet, i have seen the future but only because god let me. i am not going to prove myself to you just because you claim me a false prophet. i cant predict anything nor do i care to,and please becareful of how you use scripture the word of god is holy and not to be messed with. its not a weapon and isnt to be used against ppl like you are

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

1x1is1, Blessings. I wasn't really aware of my clothing, just being comforted by Jesus. I wasn't aware of clothing floating up and also in the room. The love from Jesus and being comforted, holding him tight and him holding me tight in his arms is pretty much nailed into my memory. I did notice his hands were very tan also. That's very strange to me, his hands were very tan. I would remember white robes though, if I had them. No change in physical features, no. There was no temperature, all I remember is being loved and protected. What really is interesting to me is that I love rivers and ponds and creeks and meadows and parks, and he knew exactly what would bring me peace, a POND, GRASS, TREES, THE SUN! God is good!! - With love, David.

his hands were tan becase back in his day everyone was always outside and in the sun they walked long distances just to sell something or preach

Guest DRS81

1x1is1, all questions are always welcome, we are all one in Christ and we shall learn together. I was standing inside a small building in my town of Delaware, and right when I was about to take a step to the door to walk out I slowly look up and there's this white light hovering down in the sky moving closer, and this sound occurred....it was like a (*pop*) or a quick (*bang*). The bang didn't scare me, it just made me aware of the situation I was in. It didn't scare me because I was thinking in my dream, this is God! I never felt like I was in fear of God, probably because my faith and my salvation in me are strong. After the bang, I then found myself floating above the ceiling into the arms of Jesus. Also one thing I remember was that when I was in his arms floating up, I wasn't aware of anything else around me...like for example, sky, stars, space and such. All I was aware of was being comforted in his arms. I DID HOWEVER understand or had the knowledge that I was in fact moving and going upwards. I also wasn't aware of the speed of which we were moving up. We were floating up for a short while, and then BOOM...the three of us are in this room. Love, David.