Guest HisG

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

Is it wrong to regard God as your husband? (Single females of course)

There seems to be a few schools of thought.

I always thought it was ok because of what Scripture says but I read somewhere the other day that one really shouldn't.

So....?

I do not think it is wrong to regard God as your husband.  I too was reminded of the scripture that Nebula posted from the book of Isaiah.  There are widows that have lost there husbands and I often pray that God would be a husband to them.  It is no different in my opinion for women to look to God in this fashion.  Because our Heavenly Father God is everything we need him to be to us especially through his Son Jesus Christ.  He is love, our helper in times of trouble, our redeemer and Lord, our rear guard, our elder brother, our comforter, our teacher, our guide, our light in a dark world, a friend and Our Provider or etc., (even husband) we need him to be.    

Jeremiah 3:14 - Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion.

In this one verse alone the Lord is addressing himself as both a Heavenly Father to his children to return to him.  And you have the Heavenly Father addressing himself as a husband being married to Israel his children.  The Lord is our Provider and knows entricately what each of us need individually in this life and we must trust him to be what we need in our lives.  So within in this vein I do not think it is wrong to look to the Lord as a husband.  Because as Nebula also said our security whether male or female lies solely in God. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Gal 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

How can one marry or consider to be married to non-female or non-male.

John 15:14-15

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
It seems he want male and female as a friend not a wife.

Matt 21:40
40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
I believe when God spoke of being a husband to Israel it was meant in this respect.
The husband of the vineyard does everything the vineyard needs to flourish except provide
rain. A human husband does the same for his human wife except provide Savior that she must do for herself.
I may be way off base here so if I am, then I apologize.

Thanks to all who have posted -

One more thing :) .......

The Song of Solomon,

?

We can take that many ways?

An ode to a loving human romantic relationship

Christ and the Church

God and His people

??

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

God is spirit. God ultimately is husband which is to say he is what bands the house or home together. Many of references in the bible we read husband actually just say man. Much of this regaurds relationship more than anything. Woman is physically made in the image of man equipped to be come in unto where man is made in the image of God and comes in unto a woman. Descriptions are given to help us understand relationship or how one relates to another.

In a spitirual sense God is a man and womans husband who spiritually comes in unto them both and binds them together as one. We may tend to feel weird about this way of talking of we are too carnal in our thinking.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

God is spirit. God ultimately is husband which is to say he is what bands the house or home together. Many of references in the bible we read husband actually just say man. Much of this regaurds relationship more than anything. Woman is physically made in the image of man equipped to be come in unto where man is made in the image of God and comes in unto a woman. Descriptions are given to help us understand relationship or how one relates to another.

In a spitirual sense God is a man and womans husband who spiritually comes in unto them both and binds them together as one. We may tend to feel weird about this way of talking of we are too carnal in our thinking.

num...I disagree.  Truly, I don't think anyone is being carnal.  What I do see, is that people are trying to understand scripture.

Hi Gary...nice to see you.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

num...I disagree. Truly, I don't think anyone is being carnal. What I do see, is that people are trying to understand scripture.

Hi Gary...nice to see you.

As always feel free to disagree. When I say thinking to carnal I mean literally by the basic five senses. Jesus said we must eat his flesh and drink his blood. Those who thought carnally were offended in him.

Nice to see you too sister L

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

eeeyup.  I know that is what you meant.

well honestly, I can see why someone might be offended at what they thought was a cannabalistic statement, but husband?  I think if one would think along those lines carnally (as you put it)

one would not even ask if it was OK to think of God that way

well...guess I will leave the floor open for others... :sneaking:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/28/1988

I always thought it was ok because of what Scripture says but I read somewhere the other day that one really shouldn't.

So....?

Hello, 

I like your question. It's not only for women, it also applies to men. God has no gender, neither our souls. The spiritual idea here like you said ( not physical) is that we share with God  a very intimate and close relationship. We can be completely naked, inside and outside before him, and feel accepted. He knows everything about us. The word husband does not satisfy or meets the reality, because he is more than that to you. He is in you, ahead of you, dying to love you. And I'm in formation for priesthood, I do pray I always share that type of relationship with God. As you are well aware of the first commandment: To love God with all your heart. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

So....?

Hello, 

I like your question. It's not only for women, it also applies to men. God has no gender, neither our souls. The spiritual idea here like you said ( not physical) is that we share with God  a very intimate and close relationship. We can be completely naked, inside and outside before him, and feel accepted. He knows everything about us. The word husband does not satisfy or meets the reality, because he is more than that to you. He is in you, ahead of you, dying to love you. And I'm in formation for priesthood, I do pray I always share that type of relationship with God. As you are well aware of the first commandment: To love God with all your heart. 

Very well put  :thumbsup: