• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings HisG!

Personally ,my relationship with God is as Father & Daughter but I do consider Him to be my everything,which would include Husband (as we are Christs Radiant Bride)but I do not think this is meant only for women without a husband but rather as a Body of believers,the Body of Christ..........when a man & a woman marry they become one flesh just as "we"(Christs Body ,His Church) are One with Him & He is our Head

I do not see anything wrong with anyone looking at their relationship with God as their Husband............after all,our relationship with our Father in Heaven is the most Perfect ,Intimate relationship we can ever hope to  have,,,,,,,,thank You Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

:thumbsup:   Ephesians 5:32 - This is a great mystery:  but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Is it wrong to regard God as your husband? (Single females of course)

There seems to be a few schools of thought.

I always thought it was ok because of what Scripture says but I read somewhere the other day that one really shouldn't.

So....?

Hello, 

I like your question. It's not only for women, it also applies to men. God has no gender, neither our souls. The spiritual idea here like you said ( not physical) is that we share with God  a very intimate and close relationship. We can be completely naked, inside and outside before him, and feel accepted. He knows everything about us. The word husband does not satisfy or meets the reality, because he is more than that to you. He is in you, ahead of you, dying to love you. And I'm in formation for priesthood, I do pray I always share that type of relationship with God. As you are well aware of the first commandment: To love God with all your heart. 

I hear you :)

I am one of those that have always seen God as my Husband - Not a boyfriend but a husband's role of headship, provider etc.

Guest shiloh357

Thanks to all who have posted -

One more thing :) .......

The Song of Solomon,

?

We can take that many ways?

An ode to a loving human romantic relationship

Christ and the Church

God and His people

??

At its most basic meaning, the Song of Solomon is about marriage.   People have tried to say that it is about God and Israel, Christ and the Church and so on.  But the book is really about marriage.  What people should take away from the Song of Solomon is how to strengthen their marriages.  What we see in this book is the mutual love for a man and his wife. The Song of Solomon is about a celebration of marriage.  

Yes there are some allusions that can be made about Jesus and His bride, but the overt physical/erotic language of this book means that it should not be pressed too hard to be a picture of Jesus and His bride.   We need to be careful not to draw  lines of comparison that the Bible doesn't draw.   The NT does not refer to the Song of Solomon when it refrences the Bride of Christ.  So, we really need to be careful how we try to connect it to the New Testament.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Is it wrong to regard God as your husband? (Single females of course)

There seems to be a few schools of thought.

I always thought it was ok because of what Scripture says but I read somewhere the other day that one really shouldn't.

So....?

Hello, 

I like your question. It's not only for women, it also applies to men. God has no gender, neither our souls. The spiritual idea here like you said ( not physical) is that we share with God  a very intimate and close relationship. We can be completely naked, inside and outside before him, and feel accepted. He knows everything about us. The word husband does not satisfy or meets the reality, because he is more than that to you. He is in you, ahead of you, dying to love you. And I'm in formation for priesthood, I do pray I always share that type of relationship with God. As you are well aware of the first commandment: To love God with all your heart. 

Why would you say that God has no gender?    Do you see God as being in everyone and everything?