• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

DRS81

I did read on.  Which is why I said what I did.  The commentater touched on it but did not give adequate explaination.  He did nothing but explain more of why Christ is the 'Last Adam'.   Not why He is the 'Second Man'.

Quantrill

Guest DRS81

DRS81

I did read on.  Which is why I said what I did.  The commentater touched on it but did not give adequate explaination.  He did nothing but explain more of why Christ is the 'Last Adam'.   Not why He is the 'Second Man'.

Quantrill

You got me baffled bro. Good luck with your search Quantrill. Peace. - DRS81

• Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

He is the last Adam in the sense that He is the last Messiah and the last person who filled the gap left by Adam.

• Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

He is the last Adam in the sense that He is the last Messiah and the last person who filled the gap left by Adam.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

EnochBethany

True.  But why is Jesus called the 'Last Adam' and the ;'Second Man"?

Quantrill

What is the old man and the new man and why are they called such repectively ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

Drs81

You are telling me what Jesus did as the Last Adam and the Second Man.  I am asking why is He called the Last Adam and Second Man.  As far as your answer goes, the term 'Last' or 'Second' didn't have to be there. 

Why is it there?

Quantrill

Adam was created by God from the dust of the ground and given the breath of God and became a living soul.  Adam being the very first man ever created in the earth is the "head" of the human race our earthly father in other words in which we all stem from.  Just as it was said and written in scripture Genesis 2:21-25  of how Adam called the woman that God created for him Woman.  Eve was the first woman created on the earth and in Genesis 3:20 you can see where Adam called his wife Eve, because she was the mother of all living.   The whole human race came out of that first man Adam and the first woman Eve. 

Christ who was God in the flesh humbled himself and became a man and dwelt among us giving his own life on the cross for the sacrifice of the sins of the world for the remission of sin.  Through Christ death burial and resurrection Jesus became the "head" of the church being the family of God made up of all born again believers.  The saints are also referred and are mentioned as the body of Christ, the Church and the bride of Christ all being names for the family of God in which Jesus is the "Head".   Just as Adam was the first earthly father or head of the human race.  Christ who lived a sinless life and conquered death hell and the grave as he was the first to be raised from the dead.  Death could not hold him or his body captive in the grave.  Through Christ bodily resurretion on the third day.  Jesus became the second Adam as Christ humbled himself and became a man as he was God in flesh. 

Christ had an earthly body just like us while he walked the earth as he was tempted in all points just like we are and experienced the same suffering we encounter in this life.  But Christ did not have an earthly father as his Father was God.  Jesus was born of the virgin Mary who never knew a man though she was espoused to Joseph. The Holy Spirit overshadow Mary and see became with child.  The virgin Mary was his earthly mother but God was the Father of Jesus. 

Since Christ defeated Satan mankind can be restored and reconciled back to right fellowship with God the Father.  Fellowship with God had been broken through the sin and disobedience of the first Adam who was earthly.  The physical death of our body was the result of the fall in the garden as death was passed upon the entire human race as the result of one man's sin.  Every person from Adam was taken captive by Satan and born into sins bondage in desperate need of a Redeemer as the wages of sin was death.

Through the bodily resurrection of Jesus we can have eternal life as Christ ever liveth and maketh intercession for us as Christ the second Adam became a quickening Spirit.  Death had no hold on the body of Christ and through Christ obedience on the cross grace can abound or grow in the earth as people recieve the salvation of God.  The spiritual life of Christ is passed on to all who will simple come to Christ and repent of their sins and have everlasting life.  As through the disobedience of the first Adam death was passed onto the human race.  But through the obedience of the second man Adam Christ life was passed onto the human race.   We like Christ are quickened and made alive through the life of Christ.

God showed or demonstrated his love toward fallen man by giving to the world a sacrifice for the sins of the world.  Jesus ascended up into heaven and has became the "head" of the family of God being all people who accept Jesus as their personal Saviour.  Our spiritual life has been given to us as we through faith by grace are saved receiving mercy and forgiveness for our sins.  We are made alive or quickened by the Spirit of God the moment we receieve the work that Christ did on the cross on our behalf as he was the sacrifice for our sins.  Our spiritual life is in Christ the head of the body of Christ. 

As our earthly life came and was stemmed or given through the first man Adam.  So it is with our spiritual life it stems and is given to us through the second Adam being the head of the family of God.  Christ is being referred to as the last Adam because he ever liveth.  Jesus never has to suffer death on the cross ever again for the work on the cross was finished.  The Heavenly Father was satisfied once and for all with the sacrifice of the spotless lamb Jesus his only begotten Son.   There now never ever has to be another man or sacrifice given as Christ was and is the last Adam.  The last and only sacrifice for the remission of sin.  Through the obedience of one man we can inherit eternal life by the grace of God through faith and confession of our sins.   As we are heirs of Christ.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Adam became the first living being.Christ is the life-giving Spirit.The natural Adam came first on this earth and was made from the dust of the earth.Yes,Christ has existed from eternity,He is still called the second man.Christ came as a human baby,but He did not originate from the earth,He "came from heaven".

But why is Christ called the 'Second Man'?   When He numerically wasn't the 'Second Man'.   And as Head of a new race He is not the second but the Last.

Quantrill

Christ has existed from eternity,He is still called the second man.Christ came as a human baby,but He did not originate from the earth,He "came from heaven".

I thought I answered that :hmmm: