Love is alive

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/17776-epa-wants-to-snuff-out-wood-and-pellet-stoves

How many of us have wood burning stoves that we use for heat and/or cooking? How do you all feel about this one? Personally, I don't like the overreaching of the government as it is, this is just another example.

Under most circumstances I would agree with the majority. But I am so sensitive to smoke that it has caused me to lose 3 months of work. My neighbors to the north and west have put in wood stoves. The smoke settles in our yard during the winter and especially during inversions. I immediately lose my voice to the extent that no sound comes out at all, and it does permanent damage. After my 3 months leave from work I retired. Since then every winter during the last half of December through March I can barely talk and get severe asthma as well.

I can only wish they would stop using wood stoves. It will probably never happen.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

Love is alive sayeth:

"They also stoned people to death, "ye who is whithout sin cast the first stone:"

That idea is nonsense.  Do you suppose that if a criminal is on trial, no one can sit on the jury unless he is sinless?   No one can punish him if found guilty.   Then you would have no trials & no punishment -- crime would run wild.

The Bible does not say what you quoted.  That is from the apocryphal addition to John, in the first part of John 8 in the KJV.  That passage is not in the oldest manuscripts.

It must be the most known by unbelievers supposed Bible story.

John 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.  I do appologize i should have put up the entire verse not just a part of it, although I did think you would get the basic jest of the matter, that is still no excuse for not putting up the entire verse. And news flash, I am a believer!!