• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/rand-paul-constitutional-amendment-98625.html

This is a good idea!! They should not be allowed to pass laws that we are to obey that they themselves will not have to obey.

What do you think? Good idea or bad idea?

Guest Butero

It is a great idea.  I am already a Rand Paul supporter if he decides to run for President.  We need someone like that to get the nation back on the right track. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

this is a excellent idea, may get rid of some of these junk bills. I would love to see a Paul/Ryan combination for the next election.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

this is a excellent idea, may get rid of some of these junk bills. I would love to see a Paul/Ryan combination for the next election.

What is Rand Paul's position on Israel?

Guest Butero

Here is a link to a story about Rand Paul on Israel. 

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/347151/rand-paul-and-Israel

One thing I do want to say concerning a potential Rand Paul Presidential run is that I never supported his Father.  He has too many radical views I don't support.  Rand Paul holds to Libertarian values, but not to the extreme that his Father does. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

im often wondering if perhaps a libertarian might not be a good thing for our country. Ive often considered them off the wall-and many of them are, tend to follow the conspiricy theories a little to much, however take those aside I like a lot of their ideas.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

That is a good question ...I shall try to look that up and find an answer I just wondered what people really thought of the idea that government people should not make laws that they could exempt themselves from :)

That is a good question ...I shall try to look that up and find an answer I just wondered what people really thought of the idea that government people should not make laws that they could exempt themselves from :)

The Israel thing was kind of a red flag with his father.  Yeah, sauce for the goose . . .

Butero hath said:

"To be perfectly honest with you, I am not sure. I haven't heard him speak on the subject. He is my first choice right now, but it is possible something could come out about his views down the road that could change my mind. Right now, I would be for a Rand Paul/Ted Cruz ticket. When the candidates get serious, then the debates begin, and we find out more about the intricate details about where they stand on all the issues. In most cases, my first choice is who I wind up sticking with. In 2008, my first choice was Fred Thompson, and I stayed with him till he dropped out of the race. In 2012, my first choice was Rick Santorum, and I voted for him in the Primary. It is very seldom that my initial gut feeling turns out to be wrong, at least for me, whether they win or not.

It is unusual when I go with the eventual winner during the primary season. In 1984, it was a no brainer to support Ronald Reagan. In 1988, I voted for Pat Roberson. In 1992 and 1996, I voted for Pat Buchanan. I did support Bush in 2000 and 2004. In the case of Bush, I thought he would be more conservative than he turned out to be, but I was also concerned about his opponents, and wanted the strongest candidate possible."

I don't know anyone better that Texan Perry as a viable candidate.

As to Ronald the Ray Gun, he was a great disappointment.  Between him & Bush I, 5 SCOTUS justices were appointed, & 3 voted to continue allowing baby-murder.  Reagan wrote a book opposing abortion, but did nada to stop it.  I can't think of one thing astrologer Reagan did for the Christian cause.  He thot what was important was smaller govt & a big military; but what really counts is God's blessing.  Our holocaust was the most important issue. 

IMHO, Bush II was more pro-life than any other pretzel since Row v Wade.  But he got distracted by 911, not being able to go home, flying around like having no home in his Air Force 1.  Then he got the nation bogged down in Afghanistan & Iraq. WW II vet Bush I knew how to fight a war.  You go in big time, whup em & then go home.  You don't stay there taking pot shots from behind buildings trying to be the savior spreading the gospel of democracy to people who don't want it.

Then only explanation I can think of for the Repubs ending up w/ the worst possible candidate out of the runners, is that the democrats crossed over in the primaries, knowing that Ob was going to be the demo candidate anyway.

While I rant on off topic,

let me say that the only salvation I know of for the Republicrats is to garner the Hispanic vote by majoring on pro-life, save the babies from murder, as the Hispanics are against baby-murder.  I think the same might work with Afro-americans.   They need to stop being chicken.  I would be for letting all the illegal invading Mexicans vote, if their vote could be gathered to stop our holocaust.

Guest Butero

First of all, I did provide a link showing that Rand Paul supports Israel.  That is why I went ahead and removed a post where I had said I didn't know his position.  I do now.  Reagan wasn't perfect, but he was the best President in my lifetime.  I didn't go along with his support for the Brady bill, but it is obvious why he went along with that.  His position on Supreme Court nominees was qualified judges with no litmus test.  You can think someone will act one way, but when they get on the court, they are completely different.  I know Reagan would speak to us at the March For Life in Washington, and he was very pro-life.