• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

I totally support such an amendment.  As for Rand Paul.....I'm not that impressed with him.

You said you are supporting Bobby Jindal didn't you?  I prefer Rand Paul, but I would have no problem voting for Jindal.  I actually think Rick Perry could enter the race, and make a good candidate.  I am sure he would be more prepared the second time around, and his record of success in Texas shows he is very qualified to run the country. 

Yes, Bobby Jindal is my pick for 2016 but.....my choice doesn't matter much in the grander scheme of things and there's been no indication Jindal will run.  I don't dislike Rand Paul, don't get me wrong, I just don't feel any excitement about him.  Rick Perry has been a great governor down here but I can't see him as President; I guess his appeal is limited to a conservative demographic and I don't believe he could beat Hillary Clinton if she's the candidate.  That being said, I'm not sure she will run; she will be 69 years old next year.  The same age as Reagan when he was elected and it's widely accepted that he was in the very early stage of Alzeimer's while still in the White House.  Bad scenario there.

I agree with supporting the amendment. Although, Rand Paul does not necessarily impress me either, I do think we need to change it where congress does not think that they are above everyone else and therefore do not have to obey the same laws. We need to stop the double standard, if they are going to write and pass the laws then they should have to obey them the same as the rest of them. No more free passes or exemptions for themselves.

Guest Butero

I agree with the Amendment.  I suppose we did get off track when we started picking candidates for 2016.  I just knew I was supporting Rand Paul, and I associated him with the Amendment idea.  So back to the idea, I am 100 percent in favor of forcing politicians to live by the things they place on us.  It should have always been that way. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I like Rick Santorum as a candidate. Rick Santorum did have a young daughter who was not expected to live very long though, and that caused him to leave the political race early last time. I think Rand Paul seems alright, the amendment seems like a good idea.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Love is Alive - That is what I want to know what you think about!!

Perhaps time has left me with a certain jaded perspective as to government...especially congress. Simple to say "I agree" that congress should not be exempt from the laws they pass however such ideas evoke a wider scope when paired with reality. In many cases I find simple yes or no answers insufficient, most ideas/propostions/questions have a complexity that should require some sorting.

Guest Butero

Love is Alive - That is what I want to know what you think about!!

Perhaps time has left me with a certain jaded perspective as to government...especially congress. Simple to say "I agree" that congress should not be exempt from the laws they pass however such ideas evoke a wider scope when paired with reality. In many cases I find simple yes or no answers insufficient, most ideas/propostions/questions have a complexity that should require some sorting.

To me, this is a simple yes or not question.  If Congress is going to put rules and regulations on the American people, they should have to abide by them.  If they don't want to or can't, then they shouldn't pass the bill.

Guest Butero

I like Rick Santorum as a candidate. Rick Santorum did have a young daughter who was not expected to live very long though, and that caused him to leave the political race early last time. I think Rand Paul seems alright, the amendment seems like a good idea.

I have always liked Santorum, and I voted for him in the Primary.  Even so, we need someone more radical than him to undo the damage caused by liberals and progressives, and I think Rand Paul is the man for the job.  I don't know that he will get the nomination, but he has my vote if he decides to run.  I also like Ted Cruz. 

Perhaps, it is a politically expedient move to gain attention...does anyone really think this will pass congress??? I too am not impressed with Paul, and especially not Cruz. 

Probably won't pass, but, it is a good idea

Perhaps, it is a politically expedient move to gain attention...does anyone really think this will pass congress??? I too am not impressed with Paul, and especially not Cruz. 

Probably not, nothing else seems to get passed unless it directly benefits them .