• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

Guest Butero

I don't think the message in itself does.  If you see a large number of protestants join the Catholic Church, it may indicate a move towards a one world religion, but I haven't seen anything close to that yet.  I admit protestants don't seem to look on the Catholic Church with the same disdain they used to, but I think that is more about a general tolerance attitude than people wanting to join with the Catholic Church.  Lets see if this leads anywhere. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

Yeah! Let's see what this will lead to.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I somehow doubt it. Hes always been a bit liberal as far as popes go, hes just trying to bring people into the fold thats all.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

why on earth do i get a such bad feeling from the pope and the person? i asked myself is this feeling of dread just from what i have heard about him or is it something else? idk... i must be imagining things.

I somehow doubt it. Hes always been a bit liberal as far as popes go, hes just trying to bring people into the fold thats all.

That is exactly the point bring all the people together into one world church. The bible says in the end times there will be two groups. One who take the mark of the beast and one whom keep the commandments and have the testimony of Jesus :) Although it is true, that they have tried it before, this times seems different. More direct marketing, charisma, and spiritualism. Scripture says in the end there will be one world church!!

why on earth do i get a such bad feeling from the pope and the person? i asked myself is this feeling of dread just from what i have heard about him or is it something else? idk... i must be imagining things.

You are not imagining it, there is something about this lastest attempt to unite the churches into a one world church that seems like it is likely to happen this time. The marketing is different, the charisma is different and the spiritualism is more intense.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

That is exactly the point bring all the people together into one world church. The bible says in the end times there will be two groups. One who take the mark of the beast and one whom keep the commandments and have the testimony of Jesus :) Although it is true, that they have tried it before, this times seems different. More direct marketing, charisma, and spiritualism. Scripture says in the end there will be one world church!!

ya well the previous pope was preaching that to. and the one before that. and furthermore theyre not the only church to do so, there are a few others. Big whoop, the new pope is preaching the same thing the last one did in different words.

I don't think you are imagining it ...i get the same feelings

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Without a doubt the Holy Roman Empire (the Roman Catholic Church) hit a grand slam with this new Pope.

Have you noticed how the media is almost giddy when doing stories about him?

Until Francis, the claims against Catholic Priests abusing children would not go away.

Now... poof! they're all gone.

I do not believe Francis is disingenuous or anything. That's what made him such a good choice by those who are really in charge... a great piece of damage control work for the Cardinal staff.

Roman Catholicism taps into that (nearly) incurable religious vein in humanity. People love a religion and religious experiences... which actually interferes  with a true relationship with God.

If you look at the Bible overall as God trying to wean humanity off of religion or our religious bent, it makes a lot more sense why he did things the way he did.

We Protestants cannot sit back and point fingers at Catholics and say, "Aha!" Not really. Since so much of Protestant organizational structures and practices are essentially variations on Catholicism.

The priesthood is not a good old boys club of the few the proud the seminarians... but in the Church organism, we are a kingdom of priests each and every one of us.

1 John 1 (KJV)
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 2:1-9 (KJV)
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.