EnochBethany

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

Now if we are going to have the topic of fasting in the Bible, shouldn't we also have the topic of feasting in the Bible?

The Law of Moses has only 1 fast.

But it has many feasts.

Are Christians sinning by neglecting to feast?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I wouldn't say sinning, but I do believe we are missing out on a lot.

It is known by many that the entire week-long Passover celebration and Feast of Weeks (aka Pentecost) foreshadow Jesus' death and resurrection and then the giving/outpouring of the Holy Spirit to all mankind. So, considering that the Spring feasts foreshadowed Jesus' first coming (and now can be used as celebratory reminders of it in a way that Christmas and Easter could never do), it makes logical sense that the Fall feasts foreshadow His second coming.

Having participated in a Passover Sedar (designed to teach non-Jewish Christians the elements of Passover along with the original and fulfilled symbolism), I can appreciate the richness this would bring to the body of Christ.

I wonder how much more we could celebrate His return if we would celebrate the Fall feasts?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

Who said that the Law of Moses has only 1 Sabbath?\

The Law of Moses is not the "10 Commandments", it is the 613 Mitzot.

Basically, if the 10 Commandments were the Law of Moses, then the Law would not exist in the first FIVE BOOKS ... right?

The 10 were written by Gods own hand and given to Moses. 

The other 603 were ORALLY given by God to Moses.

... and so the Law of Moses is 613 ... not a mere 10.

I can't copy and paste from my home computer, but if you visit www.letusreason.org -> world religions -> 7th day Adventist ... you'll find some good information on the Sabbath(s).  It is a page I used to use a long, long time ago.  I still visit there for certain column and article quotes ... especially the scholars who are against the renderings of the Jehovahs Witness "bible".

Now concerning feasts.

First, consider that the SABBATH IS A CEREMONIAL LAW. 

Second, consider that FEASTS ARE A DIETARY/CEREMONIAL LAW.

There are no ceremonial or dietary laws that have ever damned anyone to Hellfire.  No one goes to Hell for eating a pig.  lol  No one goes to Hell for worshipping on a Thursday either.

Jesus made it plainly clear that nothing that enters your mouth for food can defile you.  It simply goes in and you poop it out.  He said what comes OUT of the mouth is from the heart (lies, anger, deception, distortion, murder, rage, etc) and that is what defiles you. 

Jesus also said that the Samaritans worshipped on the mountain, and the Jews in the Temple, but God sought TRUE WORSHIPPERS.  So, a day means nothing.  But the heart of truth and spirit mean everything.

And God Himself is sick of feasts.  Why go BACKWARDS?  Why go back to the things that the Jews did and angered God anyway?  What does God get out of your glutteny?  Those feasts were for THEM, not you Gentiles.  And they murmured anyway - saying "when will these days be over with so we can get back to living normal lives, buying and selling and profiting?"  God heard their murmuring.  In fact, God is so sick of CEREMONIES, He didn't even call them HIS days!  He called them "YOUR Sabbaths, New Moons, feasts..."  God actually disowned them.  Then He clearly stated what He desired - justice!  Defend the poor!  Provide for the fatherless and the widows!  Learn to do good!

So again, why go backwards?

Enclosing (and I am leaving out a ton of things).  The MORAL LAW remains.  Those are the only things that damn the soul.  Lying.  Murder.  Lust.  Sexual sin.  Profane things.  Drug use.  etc.  Of the "10 Sayings" ... or, more commonly known in the English language, the "10 Commandments", only 9 of them are restated in the Greek Testament.  The 4th ... is absent.  Why?  Because only the 4th (Sabbath) is a ceremonial Law, the rest are MORAL Law.  And the reckless abandon of ignoring the moral law ... leads to damnation.  Eternal damnation.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Interestingly enough God has ordained certain Holy days as a commanded feast.

Exodus 12:14  - " And this day shall be unto you for a memorial and you shall keep it a feast to the Lord throughout your generations you shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever."

These feast days are a reminder how God not only delivered ancient Israel out of Egypt but more important of our deliverance in the New Testament out of sin by God through His Son, Jesus Christ.

The seventh day Sabbath is anything but just a ceremonial law.

It was given at the time of creation, long before Moses.

I believe the 4th commandment begins with " Remember the Sabbath day......"

Jesus or the apostles never mentioned the 4th commandment when listing some of God's law because they were living in a Sabbath keeping society.

There was no conflict-the 7th day Sabbath was the only established weekly Holy day.

The 7th day Sabbath was set apart from the beginning by God as a sign between Him and mankind and sanctified or made Holy. Only God can do that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I wouldn't say sinning, but I do believe we are missing out on a lot.

:clap: Hallelujah, Hallelujah. We are missing everything if we do not understand His feasts, commandments, and tabernacle,  :lightbulb2:  and what He gave to Israel through Moses and Aaron.  This was such a special gift, this knowledge of Him, for the cleansing of all sin. He gave it directly to the Israelites right out of Egypt. He gave it to the Prophets (Moses) and Priests (Aaron), and some of them missed it. 

Exodus 12:2 KJV "This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you."

The entire book of Revelation reflects the tabernacle/temple. Or more technically correct - the Old Testament tabernacle/temple reflects, or is a shadow, of the Heavenly one. If we don't understand these, we miss all of God's time line, and be like the 5 foolish virgins. Some of the timing within Revelation relates to Feasts.

For example, I find it incredibly telling that the time that the locusts of Rev 9 will torture mankind is 5 months. Relating this to the feasts, it is just a bit more than 5 months between Passover and Feast of Trumpets.

Rev 9:5 KJV "And to them it was given that they should no kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man." 

As children of God, we need to see how they (feasts, commandments, and tabernacle/temple) are used by God to understand His timeline. Once we begin to understand this, the book of Revelation begins to open up to us like a revealing of Christ that we have not known before. This needs to be done through the leading of the Holy Spirit. 

John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." 

God's calendar or timeline are his feasts. And His heavenly dwelling is in the hearts of those who are called by him. Are not our bodies the temple of the holy spirit. 

1 Cor 6:19 "What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"

Christ came to fulfill the law, not abolish it. So far, up to the first four of the seven feasts have been fulfilled: Passover, Firstfruits, Unleavened Bread, and  Feast of Weeks (Shavuot, Pentecost). We wait and look for the other feasts to be fulfilled.

- The Feast of Trumpets (the last feast when he returns, or last trumpet)

- Day of Atonement

- Feast of Tabernacles  

Mat 5:17 - 18 KJV "Think not that I am come to destry the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy (subvert, overthrow, discard, dissunite), but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Oh that God would open our eyes to see, and our ears to hear. Not our earthly eyes and earthly ears, but our spiritual ones, that we may see the host of angels on the mountains as Elisha saw and prayed that his servant would see also (2 King 6:17). 

The book of Revelation is a book of symbolism, and definitions thereof can be found in the Old Testament. Search engines (Google, Bing, etc) make great concordances.  :wink1:

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

You err ... not knowing the Scriptures.

God told them to "remember" a great many things, and they did not.

God was also sick of their Sabbaths - said so Himself.

It is an INSERTION to suggest that the 4th command was not mentioned because they kept the Sabbath.  Again, a result of not knowing the Scriptures.

The Hebrew Scriptures even show how the Jews murmured when entering such observances, saying that they couldn't wait for it to be over to get back to life as normal.

And even when the JUDAIZERS tried to tell the early Christians to do what the Jews did, including observing the Sabbath, the Church made it clear that "WE GAVE NO SUCH COMMAND"

... going as far as listing things that they were to observe, and even though it would have been a perfect opportunity to list the Sabbath ... they did not.

"Sabbath is made for MEN, not man for the Sabbath" - Jesus

"I fear for you because you observe days, months, years ..." - Paul

The Church BEGAN on a Sunday

The Church continued to gather on the eight day/first day, which is a Sunday

They Church gave tithes and offers on those days, which is part of worship.

In four different places of Early Church writings (before the Vatican existed), we see that they gathered on Sunday, calling it also the "Lords Day" - which is the day of His resurrection.  So, we not only see this in Scripture, we see it in history as well.

However, if someone wants to worship on Saturday, that is perfectly fine.  Scriptures make both sides of the coin perfectly fine.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Edited by AGTG

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

You err ... not knowing the Scriptures.

God told them to "remember" a great many things, and they did not.

God was also sick of their Sabbaths - said so Himself.

It is an INSERTION to suggest that the 4th command was not mentioned because they kept the Sabbath.  Again, a result of not knowing the Scriptures.

The Hebrew Scriptures even show how the Jews murmured when entering such observances, saying that they couldn't wait for it to be over to get back to life as normal.

And even when the JUDAIZERS tried to tell the early Christians to do what the Jews did, including observing the Sabbath, the Church made it clear that "WE GAVE NO SUCH COMMAND"

... going as far as listing things that they were to observe, and even though it would have been a perfect opportunity to list the Sabbath ... they did not.

"Sabbath is made for MEN, not man for the Sabbath" - Jesus

"I fear for you because you observe days, months, years ..." - Paul

The Church BEGAN on a Sunday

The Church continued to gather on the eight day/first day, which is a Sunday

They Church gave tithes and offers on those days, which is part of worship.

In four different places of Early Church writings (before the Vatican existed), we see that they gathered on Sunday, calling it also the "Lords Day" - which is the day of His resurrection.  So, we not only see this in Scripture, we see it in history as well.

However, if someone wants to worship on Saturday, that is perfectly fine.  Scriptures make both sides of the coin perfectly fine.

In what scripture did Jesus say He was sick of their Sabbaths? He may be referring to the way they kept it.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

In what scripture did Jesus say He was sick of their Sabbaths?

Isaiah 1:13

Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

In what scripture did Jesus say He was sick of their Sabbaths?

Isaiah 1:13

Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

Sure, but there is a context to that verse. 

4 Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers , children that are corrupters : they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger , they are gone away backward.

He isn't rebuking people who love and seek the Lord, but people who have turned from Him and His ways, yet still celebrate the Sabbaths and Feasts.

By the way, what does "I cannot away with" mean anyway?