• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

I feel sure God knows humans associate white hair with the elderly.
So why would God give us a description of white hair in these verses that
implicate aging.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

implicate aging.

I believe that is the description of God.

Guest DRS81

It's actually Revelation 1. The hair represents purity and glory. It was John's vision of Christ..

Rev 1 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

implicate aging.

I believe that is the description of God.

I too believe it is; just the white hair implies aging which I thought will not happen. thanks

It's actually Revelation 1. The hair represents purity and glory. It was John's vision of Christ..

Rev 1 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Yes you are right it is Rev 1 my mistake; typical of me

Maybe association with elderly means something different then and there than it does here and now. Perhaps elderly equals wisdom? Perhaps the white implies the purity and sinlessness that Jesus is?

Do you have something against the elderly, that this presents a problem to you? The Son of Man is sort of old you know, having existed even before the creation itself. White not do a bible search on white and/or white hair, and see if it reveals something itself and tell us what you find there? Just a thought.

Maybe association with elderly means something different then and there than it does here and now. Perhaps elderly equals wisdom? Perhaps the white implies the purity and sinlessness that Jesus is?

Do you have something against the elderly, that this presents a problem to you? The Son of Man is sort of old you know, having existed even before the creation itself. White not do a bible search on white and/or white hair, and see if it reveals something itself and tell us what you find there? Just a thought.

No I have nothing against it. I am part of the elderly on earth. Just im not what you call smart or educated. if that is the right term. I had not thought of the search you mention so let me google it because i do not have bible software ill get back to you. just the fact i have not thought of a search shows _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  on my part. sorry I offended you with my Q.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

He is also called the Ancient of Days, as I remember.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

implicate aging.

Maybe because He is the God and Rock of all Ages. He is Alpha the beginning.  Just guessing

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Proverbs 16:31

31 The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.

Hoary means having gray or white hair. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hoary