• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Matthew 13:24-30

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matthew 13:40-43

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Questions:

Do you think that the tares know that they are tares?  That they are not really of the kingdom of God? That they do damage to the body of Christ? 

I'm not talking about passing judgement over others without the authority to do so; but knowing people by their fruits. 

Can a tare turn into wheat?  Can a wheat turn into tare?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Zion, these are some really good questions!

Do you think that the tares know that they are tares? 

I don't think most of them know, but I do believe some do. When I think of a person who's a "tare", I don't typically think of someone who'd ever even question themselves as to whether they were a "tare". As to those who do, we do see in Scripture where people went into churches with the sole intent to cause division.

Can a tare turn into wheat?

Yes, when and if they become saved, as I see the wheat as believers, and the tare as unbelievers.

Can a wheat turn into tare?

For this to be possible, one would have to believe one could "lose" or "give back" their salvation, which I don't think someone who's truly been born again would/could ever do.

What do you think?

Zion, these are some really good questions!

Do you think that the tares know that they are tares? 

I don't think most of them know, but I do believe some do. When I think of a person who's a "tare", I don't typically think of someone who'd ever even question themselves as to whether they were a "tare". As to those who do, we do see in Scripture where people went into churches with the sole intent to cause division.

Could you give me some examples, sis?  I'm trying to think myself but I'm coming up blank

Can a tare turn into wheat?

Yes, when and if they become saved, as I see the wheat as believers, and the tare as unbelievers.

Cool, I'm with you here.

Can a wheat turn into tare?

For this to be possible, one would have to believe one could "lose" or "give back" their salvation, which I don't think someone who's truly been born again would/could ever do.

What do you think?

I struggle with this one, I admit, because of the whole ambiguity of when is backsliding a righteous man falling down even seven times but will rise up again, and when is it just someone who has not actually repented but thinking they have, or someone actually losing faith....  I think I am more inclined to agree with you, sis. 

Thanks for your answers.

I'd like to also ask, what are some of the tell-tale signs of a tare, do you think?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Zion.....

Good morning ,Praise the Lord!   I suppose they do know,I don't say they would know the terminology  'the tare" but I do think that those that oppose God do so willingly,they made their choice.....we are all given a measure of faith,that is that little something that God places in each & every human being that deep down inside we believe in more than ourselves,more than the big-bang theory ,more than some accidental  chain of events that resulted in our solar system,the universe...........a thirst that needs to be quenched & God says that there is no excuse,He is evident in all of His creation....what an individual does to quench that thirst is up to them but I do not think that God does not gi ve every one of His creation the opportunity to know Him & submit to Him......He is Fair & Just,merciful,Loving & Compassionate & He loves us beyond compare.......So ,yeah,I believe that before anyone leaves this world they were given the choice to be a wheat or a tare......

Can a tare become a wheat,,,,,yes,through Christ Jesus.......      Can a wheat become a tare,sure.....blaspheme the Holy Spirit

With love-in Christ,Kwik

It is the Saved & the Unsaved........that is the only 2 people in the Harvest Field

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

What I find interesting about this is how Jesus said to let the tares grow with the wheat until harvest. It explains why we have division in the World. The tares are meant to flourish. It is not our job to weed them out. God gives them life too and they grow as well. It explains why the wicked thrive. Only during harvest is there any real separation from the wheat.

To me this is saying that tares can change into wheat, otherwise, why not weed them out earlier? This is because we can't always recognise tares - they may sometimes look just like wheat.

If you had a field of corn and you couldn't tell the good corn from the bad corn, you'd be best to let all of it grow. After the harvest they will show their true identities and then you can  discard the bad stuff. Maybe also the bad stuff can grow healthy and perhaps bad corn will blossom into good corn come harvest time.

To me this is saying that God gives all of us a chance

Thanks for your responses; I would also like to repeat the question i asked Chloe in my reply to her:

What are some of the tell-tale signs of a tare, do you think?

I have seen people quite determinedly sow division to isolate a church member from the rest - without directly confronting them if there were a real issue to provoke such a response.  I have a real feeling people are literally praying this person out of their congregation.  I would have thought that we are supposed to confront brethren in love to encourage them into Christ.  This behaviour seems very cruel to me, not at all Christ-like.  Only can truly judge those people's motives, but I know that the enemy is very intent on breaking down the body of Christ, and knows the strength we have against him, especially when we are in unity. 

This is just one example, I'm sure there are many others.  What should we be on the look out for?  According to Paul, we are well aware of the dveil's tactics.  Are we?  And what should our response be?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 13:24-30

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matthew 13:40-43

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Questions:

Do you think that the tares know that they are tares?  That they are not really of the kingdom of God? That they do damage to the body of Christ? 

I'm not talking about passing judgement over others without the authority to do so; but knowing people by their fruits. 

Can a tare turn into wheat?  Can a wheat turn into tare?

I think the tares know they are tares, because we all know our spiritual state at any given time-- our conscience bears witness. So, rather, the tares can turn into wheat and the wheat can turn into tares. When God created all things he said "it is good", He sowed good seed, but the enemy has come along and planted seeds of sin in God's creation. God is patient and merciful with the world, waiting for as many of those tares as possible to turn into wheat, before he comes to reap them. 

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

Thank you ARose38; someone please also respond to my previous post.  Thank you :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Most of the tares that I have seen not only sew discord, they also try to hijack the group. A woman came into our Womans Ministries and after a couple of months invited everyone to her house that was in our small group. She did not clear anything with leadership. Soon she said that she was being ostracised by 2 or 3 that she said were a clique. One lady was was close to her friend who did not even go to our church. They did not treat me that way and I was puzzled. Then she announced that she was starting her own small group table, again without authorization. Her group was quickly absorbed by the pastors wife who is in charge. It was taken care of. It was not long before she and a few other malcontents left the church and started urging people to attend their new church.

Other churches I have attended ignored the problem people and the pastor would mention not wanting to pull the wheat up with the tares. But he ignored it till the man split the church. He actually started his own church, ordaining ministers to his own cult that stayed within the church. The pastor let it go on way too long and that church has not been healthy since then.

Other people came from a known cult and went from church to church, causing division and problems.

I believe that these people consider themselves to be Christians but they have not submitted to Christ as Lord of their lives. The are operating in the flesh rather than the Spirit. Selfish ambitions, violent dissentions (or seditions), herecies, jealousies, and contentions (or quarrels) are listed as works of the flesh in Gal. 5.

All of these people were in some kind of power struggle, and wanted people to follow themselves instead of Christ. They were in no way in submission to the authority structure. I don't consider offering opinions contrary to that of the leadership or other widely held opinions to be not being under authority. Offering other insights are valuable offerings of parts of the body of Christ. That is different than openly challanging the authority of the leadership, or trying to get people to follow themselves, or sewing discontent.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for your responses; I would also like to repeat the question i asked Chloe in my reply to her:

What are some of the tell-tale signs of a tare, do you think?

I think of tares as anyone who is not in a true relationship with God, be they within the churches or in the world, but there are definitely "false brethren" within the churches who may appear to be wheat but are actually tares when you look more closely. As scripture says, "you shall know them by their fruits", and we have the works of darkness and the fruits of the spirit in Galatians 5.

Another verse that comes to mind is 1 Jn. 3:10, "In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother."

I have seen people quite determinedly sow division to isolate a church member from the rest - without directly confronting them if there were a real issue to provoke such a response.  I have a real feeling people are literally praying this person out of their congregation.  I would have thought that we are supposed to confront brethren in love to encourage them into Christ.  This behaviour seems very cruel to me, not at all Christ-like.  Only can truly judge those people's motives, but I know that the enemy is very intent on breaking down the body of Christ, and knows the strength we have against him, especially when we are in unity. 

This is just one example, I'm sure there are many others.  What should we be on the look out for?  According to Paul, we are well aware of the dveil's tactics.  Are we?  And what should our response be?

Yeah, I'm not sure how many churches deal with such situations biblically.

"Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican." Matt. 18:15-17

Those are my thoughts. Hope it answers your question!  :biggrin2: