IGNORED

Debit & Credit Card Fraud

Wanted to let everyone know to watch out for some small charges that showed up on my debit card account on 03/09:

It was a charge from an outfit calling itself "bls*weblearn" for $10.12.

This seems to be connected to the Target fraud case where all those credit/debit card numbers were stolen, so keep an eye on your account statements whether you shop there or not. My bank confirmed that these charges are fraudulent, and its being dealt with.I thought I was outside the "window" of the Target hack, but apparently not. (Though my card number could have been stolen anywhere, really.) I hadn't been shopping there since August or so, and still got bit.

Again: keep a sharp eye on your bank statements for unauthorized charges of any size.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  2

Amen to that.  Here in our county, there was fraud someplace (the local Food City, probably) and a lot of locals have found strange charges on their debit cards originating in Florida!  I recommend Life Lock; they keep an eye on all your accounts.  I've been client for years and they've nipped three cases of ID theft in the bud.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Walla!

Nice to see you here,been a while....Praise the Lord!How slick these criminals are,,,,they probably figure most people don't pay much attention to a little $10.00 charge & multiply that by the thousands!I am not familiar with this "Target" scam....was it an on -line thing or what was that about?

It's funny Marnie,that you mentioned "Life Lock",just this morning I was watching the infomercial....the only reason I was watching it was because I noticed Montel Williams & I did not hardly recognize him,he is awfully thin?I was surprised when you said it saved you from theft 3 times,that's great....I thought that it was a scam-lol   Well,Guiliani was promoting the service

Good to know

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  2

I think Mr Williams is ill, isn't he? 

Life Lock is definitely not a scam!   Yes, three times I have been the victim of ID theft!  Mind you, I shop online all the time and do everything with my debit card.  Haven't written a check since I was in high school.  So, I guess the more you use technology, the more you open yourself up to the possibility of fraud.  That's why Life Lock, or other ID theft services out there, just make sense.  It's a small price to pay for convenience, IMO.

I think Mr Williams is ill, isn't he? 

Life Lock is definitely not a scam!   Yes, three times I have been the victim of ID theft!  Mind you, I shop online all the time and do everything with my debit card.  Haven't written a check since I was in high school.  So, I guess the more you use technology, the more you open yourself up to the possibility of fraud.  That's why Life Lock, or other ID theft services out there, just make sense.  It's a small price to pay for convenience, IMO.

Something I'm going to check out, I think. :)

I'm of the opinion that with more pressure on the Russians over the Crimea / Ukraine thing there may be more cyberattacks in the near future, especially if sanctions are put in place against Russia. Cyberattacks are not only cheap . . . but profitable for the folks who pull them off.