rmyers

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hebrews 11:1 says, faith is the substance of things hoped for.  Webster's dictionary defines substance as the material of which anything is made.  However, Webster also defines substance as material possessions and wealth.  Certain passages of the bible also depict substance as wealth.  Luke 15:13 says the prodigal son wasted his substance with riotous living (KJV).  The description of substance as wealth or something of value falls in line with my topic of faith being a spiritual treasure.

As a spiritual treasure, faith is the spiritual medium of exchange that allows the believer to transact business in the Kingdom of God.  Without faith, there is no salvation.  Without faith, there is no deliverance.  Without faith, prayers are not answered.  Faith is the substance we come to the throne of grace with to lay hold of the things we are hoping for.  In the natural, we acquire things with worldly treasure (e.g., money) that we use as a medium of exchange to acquire the things we desire.  In the Spirit, money won't work.  If you want to acquire the things of God, you must come with the treasure of faith. 

The bible says the woman with the issue of blood spent all of her natural substance going from doctor to doctor to get healed and did not get better.  In fact, she grew worse.  However, when she heard that Jesus was in town, she put aside her natural substance and decided to make a transaction in the Kingdom of God using the substance (or treasure) of faith.  She said if I can just touch Him, I know I can be made whole.  When she touched Him, Jesus turned and said, who touched Me?  The disciples said, Master there are a whole bunch of people touching You.  Jesus said you don't understand.  Someone touched Me with the touch of faith.  Someone just transacted business in the Kingdom of God.  When the woman explained that the touch of faith came from her, Jesus said your faith has made you well.  The woman discovered that faith is the greatest treasure available to man or woman.  This treasure of faith is in every believer.

Question:  My brothers and sisters in Christ:  Are you sharing this wonderful treasure with others so they can discover its value and its availability to them?

"Be a witness and witness God move."

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/13/1968

Dear brother..

I love what you are encouraging other brothers and sisters to do, but as for me I find it hard to witness in such a way that you describe? I used to evangelize using my bible, but felt no one was ever listening and would eventually cross the street when they seen me coming....

In my experience, God will use his chosen children of God like yourself with the ability and gift to preach to other's like you do....It just doesn't work that way with me..... :confused:

Love & Blessings Sis Agape.......