Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OldSchool2

Hollywood, take Mel Gibson off your Blacklist

37 posts in this topic

"How ironic is it that Hollywood studios walk on eggshells with faith-based groups hoping their religious epics like Noah do a fraction of the business Mel Gibson did with The Passion Of The Christ, while those studios continue to shun Gibson like a leper? What better way to commemorate Passion‘s 10th anniversary than journalist Allison Hope Weiner‘s examination of her relationship with Gibson and how it evolved ..."

http://news.yahoo.com/journalist-plea-10th-anniversary-passion-christ-hollywood-mel-214854535.html

I did find Passion of the Christ somewhat anti-Semitic, if not deliberately so, then that's how it came across. Gibson himself is a controversial figure who has made some anti-Semitic comments too.

However, Hollywood seems to shun him, not for any of this but because of his Conservative political views. Hollywood doesn't care about moral values, but it dislikes anyone that doesn't follow its Liberal agenda.

Too many generalties and sweeping conclusions have already occurred to engender conversation

That may just be me of course  

Too many generalties and sweeping conclusions have already occurred to engender conversation

That may just be me of course  

In what way?

The article itself.

However, as I stated, that may just be me. 

Gibson may be ostracized by Hollywood for conservative views but we, as Christians, should not see him as a role model because of his anti-Semitic views.  Not to mention a questionable personal life.  He's no choir boy.

The article itself.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the comments.

LoL. did you ever know a choir boy well. Still not sure where that phrase got the pure thoughts it is supposed to reflect. Gibson would fit right in with the ones I know. Being a pre vatican II beliver it would be his nature to be antisemitic. They killed his savior according to what he's been taught all his life besides what his father had taught him.

Gibson may be ostracized by Hollywood for conservative views but we, as Christians, should not see him as a role model because of his anti-Semitic views.  Not to mention a questionable personal life.  He's no choir boy.

Yes you're right. I think my point was that Hollywood doesn't care whether Gibson is anti-Semitic or not (although they may pretend that is a reason), they will have some false moral attitude about what he says and does, but it all boils down to his politics.

If his politics were in tune with theirs they wouldn't care about his morals.

The article itself.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the comments.

I can see how you might have thought so.  I wasn't all that clear.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0