• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

From our Torah portion this week (Tzav) we read: “The fire on the altar shall be kept burning on it; it shall not be extinguished” (Lev. 6:12). The sages say do not read “burning on it” but rather “burning in him” (בּוֹ), referring to the heart of the priest. And where it says “it shall not be extinguished” (לא תִכְבֶּה), they read instead “the negative” (לא) you shall extinguish (תִכְבֶּה) by trusting God’s promise for your good, despite temporary setbacks or apparent failures. The Holy Spirit imparts the fire of faith that fills our hearts with hope, speaking with “tongues of fire” words of life and light that vanquish darkness. “Light dawns in the darkness for the upright; He is gracious, merciful, and righteous” (Psalm 112:4).

Hebrew for Christians

~~~

"The fire on the altar shall be kept burning in him; the negative you shall extinguish."

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  0

From our Torah portion this week (Tzav) we read: “The fire on the altar shall be kept burning on it; it shall not be extinguished” (Lev. 6:12). The sages say do not read "burning on it"   but rather  "burining in him" (בּוֹ), referring to the heart of the priest.    And where it says "it shall not be extinguished"  (לא תִכְבֶּה), they read instead "negative" (לא) you shall extinguish (תִכְבֶּה) by trusting God's promise for your good, despite temporary setbacks or apparent failures. The Holy Spirit imparts the fire of faith that fills our hearts with hope, speaking with “tongues of fire” words of life and light that vanquish darkness. “Light dawns in the darkness for the upright; He is gracious, merciful, and righteous” (Psalm 112:4).

Hebrew for Christians

~~~

"The fire on the altar shall be kept burning in him; the negative you shall extinguish."

Leviticus 6:12-13  - And the fire upon the altar shall be burning in it;  it shall not be put out: and the priest shall burn wood on it every morning, and lay the burnt offering in order upon it; and he shall burn thereon the fat of the peace offerings. The fire shall ever be burning upon the altar; it shall never go out.

I do not agree that the "burning in it" within this scriptural text is referring to the heart of the priest.  But instead it was literally the laws given to the priesthood to follow in regards to the rightful handling of the burnt offerings given in Leviticus 6:1-13.  They were literally responsible to keep this fire burning putting wood on it every morning.   Just like it was literally to be done by the priest in that they had to keep oil in the lamp keeping them burning continually recorded in Exodus 27:20-21  &  Leviticus 24:1-4.  You can read in scripture what happened once when the priests let the oil in the lamp go out.  You can read in 1 Samuel 2:12-17 where the evil priests Hophni and Phinehas being the two sons of Eli were not handling and carrying out the laws properly that pertained to the burnt offerings in regards to the fat.  Also they took portions of the meat that was being given by the people as a burnt offering to the Lord.  If the people refused to give it to them then they took it by force violating the laws also that was pertaining to the portions of meat that the priest were to get.     

I don't get the significane that is being made.

Openly Curious -

Well, perhaps you can click the link and post this response to the author and see what they have to say about this?

As for me, the message was an encouragement I need right now.

Openly Curious -

Well, perhaps you can click the link and post this response to the author and see what they have to say about this?

If you don't mind sharing what was the message of encouragement you got from this author?  What prompted you to put it in a thread?

If you don't mind sharing what was the message of encouragement you got from this author?  What prompted you to put it in a thread?

"they read instead “the negative” (לא) you shall extinguish (תִכְבֶּה) by trusting God’s promise for your good, despite temporary setbacks or apparent failures. The Holy Spirit imparts the fire of faith that fills our hearts with hope, speaking with “tongues of fire” words of life and light that vanquish darkness. “Light dawns in the darkness for the upright; He is gracious, merciful, and righteous” (Psalm 112:4)."

Got cha

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Praying for you, Nebula!

Openly Curious -

Praying for you, Nebula!

~

Amen~!

A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. Isaiah 42:3

Praying Too

A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory. Matthew 12:20

Oh How I Love Jesus

Thank you for the prayers!

I do have the hardest time not falling into depression when things go downhill, or seemingly so.