• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/01/1989

What are good videos, websites, free books, blogs, etc to use for studying on Rome and the Papacy? I started a new thread for this because I want to post what I learn and I want to discuss all this. I've always thought that America is Mystery Babylon and there is a good chance that the Anti-Christ could rise from America. I still think it is possible but I have opened my mind a little more about Rome being Mystery Babylon and possibly the Pope being the Anti-Christ.

I've never actually tried to learn anything about Rome, and I think I need to. 

Oh, and I also would love to get a free bible. A New King James, I won't read anything else. I have one but I would like one for studying and marking in. I don't want to mark my everyday bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Are you talking about the history of the Catholic Church or are you just talking about today?

Just everything about Rome. Ancient Rome, Present day. Also the Church. The Popes..... The Pagan worship. etc etc

I would like to know where everything, like the Statue of Mary and the different paintings, statues all started from. Is it all Greek or something else. What are the true meaning of everything, all the way down to the Pope's clothing.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

A lot of these things I find on Wikipedia which is a good start. However, most of my knowledge comes from books.

But if you want a good online source, I'm not sure.

But I will tell you this. You can't learn about Roman Catholicism unless you learn about the Orthodox Church because they used to be one and the same until the Great Schism in the Eleventh Century. Until then there were two Popes.

You will also benefit from the learning about Oriental Orthodoxy because they split from Rome and Constantinople in the Fifth Century.

I would also learn about the Crusades, the Inquisitions and the Reformation of the Catholic Church.

As for the paintings, some were Byzantine (Greek) some were not. Many painters were commissioned by the Church.

Here's a bit of a timeline for you:

330     The city of Constantinople is founded by Emperor Constantine which he hopes will become the new capital of the Roman Empire instead of Rome.

380     Establishment of Roman Church with two popes, one in Rome and the other in Constantinople

451     Council of Chalcedon - Coptic, Syriac and Armenian Churches split from Catholic Church.

1054   Great Schism - Western Catholic Church (Roman Catholic) splits from Eastern Catholic Church (Eastern Orthodox). Western Church retains Latin in liturgy, Eastern Church in Greek.

1095   First Crusade launched by Pope Urban II at the request of the Byzantine Emperor to free Christian lands from Muslim invaders

1453   Siege of Constantinople. Byzantine Empire collapses and falls to Muslim Ottomans. Orthodox Church is split and Roman Catholic Church becomes most powerful Church in Europe.

1500s Two Protestant movements - England separates from Catholicism because of Henry VIII and Martin Luther creates separation in Germany

Thank you. I'm doing alot of reading, and I started with Wikipedia. This is a little off subject, but I am studying on the Sun God, which seems to appear almost everywhere. And I believe is in the Catholic church. I think the Sun God=Lucifer... Need to do a little more studying but thats what Im getting from all the studying.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I use www.biblegateway.com as an online bible search engine. The site allows you to compare different translations of the bible while maintaining your default NKJV.  As for online sites about the history of Rome, I received about 315,000,000 results in 0.35 seconds when I Goggled History of Rome.

Thank you all.. This is going to help my study