Guest DRS81

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

interestingly, I'll be 67 in May and I had three job offers last week. well... one of them was to start my own business funded by a person. At this point in our lives we don't need to work.... but jobs are available here for anyone who wants to work. I do understand that sometimes we do need help... we certainly did between tv and Xerox.

Guest DRS81

I know that I'm sounding bitter but where is the fairness or economic logic in this? I believe that we are declining and there is corruption within.

To me this world is divided into two parts, what's really going on (reality) vs. society's spectacle (fantasy). The fantasy side is tv, media, social networking (talking about life but not really doing anything to improve things), and the reality is paying bills, people dying every day and going to hell, corporations taking over, health insurance and taxes going up etc... for example, death is all around us in a decaying world, but the fantasy part of it sort of puts that to the side and acts like it doesn't exist. It's like walking into the Holocaust prisons and fields and setting up tents to party and have fun in, maybe set up a tv or play station, maybe drink a few beers, have a good time. When the party is over you walk outside the tent and what do you see? Now for example put the prisons and the fields inside the tent. Now what do you see? We're surrounded by an illusion of success, and the world is just one big genocide cage. I'm just glad heaven is on the other side of my door if ya know what I mean. Peace, - DRS81.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Oak,

I agree......it isn't fair & you don't sound bitter,just honest......it is really not that different here in the States,seems the immigrants & minorities get all the benefits without question(that is how it appears)...perhaps they do their homework & know the ins & outs much better than most?

When I first was diagnosed with cancer the social workers in the hospital applied for me & shortly after my release I was receiving benefits....now,on remission but not in any less pain than when I started ,my continuing benefits are being threatened as I watch people who have been receiving them for many years without a hitch & are perfectly capable of working.............I don't see anything fair about hassling people who are really unable to work & have worked all their lives versus ignoring people that have never worked a day in their lives(by choice) but have used up every available resource out there & continue to do so?

It is a corrupt world,not just your country,we must pray & trust God......Praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

interestingly, I'll be 67 in May and I had three job offers last week. well... one of them was to start my own business funded by a person. At this point in our lives we don't need to work.... but jobs are available here for anyone who wants to work. I do understand that sometimes we do need help... we certainly did between tv and Xerox.

Consider it a blessing that you have talents that are uncommon. I have known for two months that my position will be eliminated at the end of this month. I have put out as many resume's as there were job listing, private and through agencies. With about 18 years of experience, I thought it would benefit me, but it seems it does not since the market is saturated with IT people looking for work. I will be 61 this year and to become retrained seems like a waste to my time, since I only have a handful of years left to work. I cannot retire at 65 because I have not been able to save (another story) and have no retirement plan. I am very concerned that my age is a determent to being hired.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

that is an awkward age. be sure to check DoD listings. a lot of turnover in military out sourced contract people.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

That is not common oo.I will be layed off in a couple of weeks and the chances of me finding another job is practically nil.

Guest DRS81

versus ignoring people that have never worked a day in their lives(by choice) but have used up every available resource out there & continue to do so?

I've always wondered how people do this and still survive. Am I missing something because people on welfare and food stamps are not really living anyways, (they're just getting by). What resources are you referring too. Lastly, how do you choose to not work and stay sane. To me work keeps me sane, doing something keeps me sane.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

unfortunately some people just don't want to work.

I'm out of work now OO and I'm struggling. I have now had to go on benefits. I've had well-paid jobs for years but was hit by redundancy and recession. I keep trying to get jobs but I'm not succeeding.

I don't feel guilty about being on benefits. I paid tax into the system for years, so I see benefits as my insurance in a way, but benefit payments are poverty-line and I'm really struggling. However, I do feel bad about it. I would rather work. I hate having no money. I'm not interested in being rich, but money is useful. Money gave me the laptop that I am now typing on, but if it broke I couldn't afford another.

I'm praying for you too, O.W.  I know some here who are in the same situation and it's really hard.  But keep your faith in God that He will bring you to a new job. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

versus ignoring people that have never worked a day in their lives(by choice) but have used up every available resource out there & continue to do so?

I've always wondered how people do this and still survive. Am I missing something because people on welfare and food stamps are not really living anyways, (they're just getting by). What resources are you referring too. Lastly, how do you choose to not work and stay sane. To me work keeps me sane, doing something keeps me sane.

Dawn it all depends on your age.Many who are in their mid 60's and are layed off are going to have Social Security and Medicare.Maybe even a work pension depending on where they worked and how long.Just because a person is in their mid 60's does not mean that they will retire.There are more and more seniors now who are not in a financial position to retire.I work with a lady that is 75 years old.If you are younger it is much more difficult because you do not have these benefits accrued.My daughter was layed off when she was in her mid 20's.It was rough.She did not have any benefits except unemployment.She had a couple of huge health issues with no medical insurance. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

That is not common oo.I will be layed off in a couple of weeks and the chances of me finding another job is practically nil.

Why do you think that, Bopeep?