IGNORED

Btwn ages 35-65

Guest DRS81

Guest DRS81

Blessings to you DRS!

Honestly,I could not tell you how anyone does anything I can only give Glory to God & speak of what I know to be true,,,,,,Jehovah Jireh is my Provider.....He is My Source,disability is just the REsouce....Hallelluliah!

I'm not sure if you are asking me personally how I choose to not work but if you would have just quoted my entire sentence then the first half would have answered that question,it is not my choice to receive in an entire month what I used to earn in three days-lol,that is clearly not a wise choice if it were one.......duh?

Anyway,as far as how does one stay sane?.....Again,I can only speak for me & my sanity & a sound mind comes from the Lord & though I cannot physically do what I did I can still use my mouth(or type-lol)& keep very busy serving the Lord........Cancer was not my choice either.....

With love-in Christ,Kwik

No I meant people who are healthy under the age of 62 that choose not to work. Why are they choosing not to work.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings DRS...

That is a question that I would love to know the answer to myself,I do not know?Lazy?Ignorant?Uneducated?Learned Behavior?I don't have the answer & as you said,they barely survive (or so it would seem?)........perhaps they collect benefits & do whatever to earn money?

There is alot of people that should be seeking employment & don't for whatever reason & this is really fraud & what makes it difficult for the people that do need help ,either due to age or disabilities & that is what I was talking about ,its just not fair......but I do not have any of the answers,only questions,just like you,,,, :noidea:

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I guess you gotta really love what you do to bank on those social security checks at 65. If you don't love job then it's just 30 years of slavery. Your thoughts.

Oh now you dunnit! You opened a can o' worms... :soapbox:

People on the left and on the right do not understand that only a balance of both world views produces harmony and the best life for the most people.

Unfortunately, like a pendulum, one extreme tends to lead to the opposite extreme in power and persuasion... and it is surprising to most to learn that both extremes are fascist! The benefit of a select few as the enormous cost of the many.

Pendulum+nu.jpg

Social Security was the brainchild of the extreme left and was implemented by the extreme right which funded the system using a ponzi scheme since the rich wrote the laws that the social security fund never drew one thin dime of interest.

On the one hand the dollar is devalued by the insurance schemes of the left. On the other hand the dollar is devalued by the greed of the greedy for more more more (driving the price of what they have down requiring more greed to maintain what they already have not to mention to surpass it). The beauty of fascism (in both extremes) is that their numbers are always small. When we in the vast majority figure this out then change for the good of all can be made. Until then... move over fellow peasant and prepare to suffer more...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

I know that I'm sounding bitter but where is the fairness or economic logic in this? I believe that we are declining and there is corruption within.

To me this world is divided into two parts, what's really going on (reality) vs. society's spectacle (fantasy). The fantasy side is tv, media, social networking (talking about life but not really doing anything to improve things), and the reality is paying bills, people dying every day and going to hell, corporations taking over, health insurance and taxes going up etc... for example, death is all around us in a decaying world, but the fantasy part of it sort of puts that to the side and acts like it doesn't exist. It's like walking into the Holocaust prisons and fields and setting up tents to party and have fun in, maybe set up a tv or play station, maybe drink a few beers, have a good time. When the party is over you walk outside the tent and what do you see? Now for example put the prisons and the fields inside the tent. Now what do you see? We're surrounded by an illusion of success, and the world is just one big genocide cage. I'm just glad heaven is on the other side of my door if ya know what I mean. Peace, - DRS81.

You have a very negative attitude towards life, DR.  While some of that is true, God put us here to live life and enjoy it until He takes us home.  Or sends us away, depending on whether one is a believer and you obviously are one. 

Yes I do have a negative attitude, so what.

So....nothing.  Your attitude is your own concern.....yours and God's.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

interestingly, I'll be 67 in May and I had three job offers last week. well... one of them was to start my own business funded by a person. At this point in our lives we don't need to work.... but jobs are available here for anyone who wants to work. I do understand that sometimes we do need help... we certainly did between tv and Xerox.

That is not common oo.I will be layed off in a couple of weeks and the chances of me finding another job is practically nil.

Why do you think that, Bopeep? 

I am older.It is very rare for an older person to get work.I have friends who are in their mid 50's and have been looking for work for years.

I have a friend who was out of work for three years and landed a job at a major oil company at age 62.  Don't give in to negative thinking, Bopeep. 

That is great.I am praying that I will find another job.

I will pray for that too, Bopeep.  :mgbowtie:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Blessings Bopeep!

Sweet Sister,by DRS quoting 1/2 of my statement really twists the entire context of what I was trying to say....I was talking about how Social Security seems to hassle the disabled people & people that are no longer able to work not by any choice of their own.....& you have read the other half of my statement ....so I was talking about our system &   not really about what this has turned into.......I don't like my words to sound any way they are not meant........God Bless us all,,,,,,,there are people that do need help & of course people that take advantage of the system

While I was writing to reply to DRS many posts went up so you may have to back up a little to read my reply!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

kwik Social Security is giving someone I love very much a huge hassle right now.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I guess you gotta really love what you do to bank on those social security checks at 65. If you don't love job then it's just 30 years of slavery. Your thoughts.

Oh now you dunnit! You opened a can o' worms... :soapbox:

People on the left and on the right do not understand that only a balance of both world views produces harmony and the best life for the most people.

Unfortunately, like a pendulum, one extreme tends to lead to the opposite extreme in power and persuasion... and it is surprising to most to learn that both extremes are fascist! The benefit of a select few as the enormous cost of the many.

Pendulum+nu.jpg

Social Security was the brainchild of the extreme left and was implemented by the extreme right which funded the system using a ponzi scheme since the rich wrote the laws that the social security fund never drew one thin dime of interest.

On the one hand the dollar is devalued by the insurance schemes of the left. On the other hand the dollar is devalued by the greed of the greedy for more more more (driving the price of what they have down requiring more greed to maintain what they already have not to mention to surpass it). The beauty of fascism (in both extremes) is that their numbers are always small. When we in the vast majority figure this out then change for the good of all can be made. Until then... move over fellow peasant and prepare to suffer more...

You misunderstand the history of politics. Fascism, Communism and Nazism are all extreme Left wing. Extreme Right-wing is Libertarianism verging towards anarchy.

Extreme Left = large government.(tyranny at its most extreme)

Extreme Right = small government. (anarchy or no-government at its most extreme).

It was the Left who corrupted the definitions. During the 1920s and the 1930s, Hitler and the Nazis were always referred to as extreme Left-Wing by the media, but the Communists started crying like babies and used propaganda to persuade everybody to rename the Nazis extreme Right-Wing thus perverting the real meaning behind Nazism.

The Left are always redefining words and terms, either that or banning them outright. They are enemies of free speech. Orwell knew this and pointed it out in his seminal work 1984.

An example of Leftist redefinition is the word 'gay' which has been hijacked to mean homosexual.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings BoPeep

I understand,me too......they are hassling me terribly right now & it's very disheartening........do they really think I prefer to barely make ends meet,lose  my home & everything else ..............?????Something is just wrong with this picture Peep?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Blessings BoPeep

I understand,me too......they are hassling me terribly right now & it's very disheartening........do they really think I prefer to barely make ends meet,lose  my home & everything else ..............?????Something is just wrong with this picture Peep?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

It takes an average of 3 to 4 years to get any kind of disability now.And that is someone who is practically terminal.Then you almost always have to get an attorney which is expensive.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

you're never going to easily find a job if you approach looking with the attitude it's imposible. you can't do well on an interview with that attitude.