IGNORED

Russia and Ukraine - the start of a prophecy?

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Yet the war of Psa 83 may be the war of Daniel 11:21-35.  Antiochus IV Epiphanes the Syrian king and his attack on Israel when they felt secure.

Just a thought.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Please explain.

Do you see those countries in psalm 83 correspond to the Seleucid v Ptolemy countries of 2nd century BC?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Yet the war of Psa 83 may be the war of Daniel 11:21-35.  Antiochus IV Epiphanes the Syrian king and his attack on Israel when they felt secure.

Just a thought.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Please explain.

Do you see those countries in psalm 83 correspond to the Seleucid v Ptolemy countries of 2nd century BC?

Spock

Philistia is the Western portion of Israel,  presently it is occupied by Jews.  Amalek is the Southern portion of Judah where Kadesh-Barnea is,  Jewish occupied territory now.  Unless there are Jews fighting Jews (present day) which will not happen, this maybe the event of Daniel 11:21.

With cunning they conspire against your people (Psa 83:3)....  He will invade the kingdom when its people feel secure, and he will seize it through intrigue, (Dan 11:21)   Intrigue and cunning have similar meanings.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

One possibility is that Psalm 83 damages the economies of  many Muslim nations

and because the U.S.A. at this time will probably be weak,

there is insufficient interest or capability to generate a huge Global response.

Israel will be left alone to flourish.

Don't forget too that Damascus may have been nuked.

Also, Israel (I believe) is due to grow in economic power (possibly because of oil).

For a time, Israel will be almost untouchable, but waiting in the wings are angry Muslims (for example, the Shia of Iran).

Maybe Sunni and Shia will be finally united for one last push against Israel and then Ezekiel 38 comes into play.

I have a tendency to think that this may be the case because Ezekiel tells us that when the invasion starts to go horribly wrong,

they turn against each other - something that Sunni and Shia have a habit of doing.

They always blame each other whenever they can.

:thumbsup:

And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother. Ezekiel 38:21

Islam was conceived by the Ishmaelites and Ishmael was known for his similar behaviour:

12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

Genesis 16

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Gog needs the Ukraine as part of the new Russian empire. Its a key piece in the puzzle.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Gog needs the Ukraine as part of the new Russian empire. Its a key piece in the puzzle.

Welcome Lujack, good to see you here, i see you in other forums and seek out your views and information.

God Bless you

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I'd just like to point out something that Putin said last year. Do you believe him? If what he says is genuine then he is doing more than the current U.S. admin is to speak out in defence of Christians.

http://rt.com/politics/putin-christians-repressions-resistance-584/

The rights of religious minorities, including Christians, are being infringed all over the planet and humanity must take measures to stop such instances, Vladimir Putin said at the meeting with Orthodox Christian leaders in Moscow.

In many of the World’s regions, especially in the Middle East and in North Africa inter-confessional tensions are mounting and the rights of religious minorities are infringed, including Christians and Orthodox Christians,” the Russian President noted, adding that such conflicts could lead to the most serious consequences.

Putin called for immediate measures to prevent such situations.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

To try to fit the current headlines into the Bible is precarious, though who would not see Israel's return to the land as fulfilling prophecy. I won't be surprised to see Russia make a resurgence as the leader of the Eastern leg of the Roman Empire (Daniel 2). Now Mr. Putin is a professing Christian, Russian orthodox I believe. I could see Russia becoming a professed Christian nation, as it was under the Czars. How would Americans view it if Russian completely outlawed baby-murder and sodomy and enforced the laws? How would Americans view it when hearing a Russian ambassador in the UN denouncing western countries for violation of the human right to life? I don't see any connection with Ezekiel 38-39, which I think takes place in Daniel's 70th week. I suspect that the Beast will take credit for destroying the Russian invasion leading to the refrain, "Who can stand vs the Beast?" We can always speculate about how current events might connect to the "tribulation" of course.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

A nation's leader professing faith should not be necessarily seen as the ultimate proof of actually practicing that faith. They will say anything people are willing to hear, to make them accept the other things.

Even though it's God pulling the strings in the long run, the current era in this world is ruled by the anti-christ. But individually we can make the Jesus our Lord which of course makes a huge different about which forces are ruling in our lives.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

san, may I ask where you are from....

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990