GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Just misquote me as you normally do and perhaps you can wrangle the answer you want.

I understand you cannot refute the book of Romans that I have quoted from over and over so you are narrowing down your focus.

That may work for you in your group but if it does, it is because those people just don't understand Romans either.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

The Apostle Paul wrote extensively on the difference between the law and grace in Romans. We are not justified by our adherence to the law, but we are justified by faith in Christ (Romans 3:21-28). The believer in Christ Jesus is "dead" to the constraints of the law. "But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code" (Romans 7:6). Therefore, a believer does not live by legalism, nor by license, but rather by grace.

What has that to do with a believing woman wearing pants? There is no biblical law that says what a woman should wear or not wear. Rather, the issue is one of modesty. Paul addresses the modesty of women in his first letter to Timothy. "I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God" (1 Timothy 2:9-10). The Greek word translated "modest" is the Greek word kosmios, which is translated twice in the New Testament, once as "modest" in this passage and once as "of good behavior" in1 Timothy 3:1. It came to mean "well-arranged, seemly, and modest."

The word clothes is the Greek word katastole. The meaning of the word was "to send or to let down or lower." It was primarily a garment that was let down and in that day referred to a stole or a loose outer garment worn by kings and persons of rank. Since we know that Paul was not speaking to people of rank, the context here is simply modest attire, and it does not specify what that entails. Paul addressed this issue here because the women in the church were trying to outdo each other in how they dressed, and the flashier the better. They were losing sight of the things that should adorn a godly woman—humility, sobriety, godliness, and good works. The words "dress modestly" are not used here in the context of specific garments, but rather to being clad in a modest covering. It should not be used to prove a prohibition against wearing pants (also see1 Peter 3:3-4).

So, the issue is that a woman should wear modest clothing. Whether or not that includes a pair of slacks should be a matter for the woman's own conscience before the LORD. If a woman allows her outward appearance to be the measure of her inward relationship with Christ, she is living under the constraints of legalism. Born-again women are free in Christ to wear whatever modest apparel they choose, and the only judgment they should be under is that of their own conscience. "Everything that does not come from faith is sin" (Romans 14:23). We are not to allow our consciences to be dictated to by legalism and the consciences of others, but by our own relationship with Christ. "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me" (Galatians 2:20). God will take care of the outward woman if we walk in obedience in the inward woman.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/women-wear-pants.html#ixzz2wtzfGAzn

Address the Biblical response I have given you, yet again, as you never once dealt with it.

If your wife cannot wear certain women's clothes it may be because you have told her she cannot do so or the group you belong to teaches such things.  This, is actually

a form of legalism as has been discussed in other threads.  

Guest Butero

I didn't misquote anything you said anywhere.  Anyone can go back and read line for line what you said, and can check for themselves to see if I did that.  I know how the quote function works.  I already told you that the reason I couldn't use it was the post was too long, with too many quotes.  I had to do things the way I did, and I left absolutely nothing out.  You still haven't given one example of a single word I left out of your comments, because you can't.  This is a smoke screen argument.

You still haven't answered my question to you.  Why?  Is it because it will expose your extreme view of grace?  I will try once again.  Based on your view of Romans and the NT in general, and your position that we are not under any of the law of Moses, even the moral laws, is it now ok for men to wear women's dresses and women to wear men's pants?  If you can't answer that simple question, it speaks volumes about your extreme position.