• Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This is a beautiful testimony!

~~~~

When Two Lesbians Walk Into a Church Seeking Trouble

7:00AM EDT 3/13/2014 John Burke

“Let’s just go for fun! We’ll see how much we can push their buttons,” Amy teased her girlfriend, who didn’t like the idea of hanging around a bunch of Christians.

“Come on,” Amy insisted. “I hear their motto is ‘Come as you are.’ I just want to prove that they’re ‘come as you are ... unless you’re gay.'”

Amy had been in a nine-year lesbian relationship that had broken up, leaving her wondering why her deepest longings could never be satisfied. She and Rachel had just started hanging out when they decided to attend one Sunday morning.

“I came on a mission to shock people,” Amy admits. “Rachel and I would hold hands in front of people, but instead of the disgusted looks of contempt we expected, people met eyes with us and treated us like real people. So we started coming to church weekly. We kept moving closer to the front each week, trying to get a reaction so that we’d be rejected sooner rather than later. When we couldn’t shock people, we stopped trying and started learning."

“Not long after that, Rachel and I stopped seeing each other, but I kept coming to church because I was searching for something,” Amy admits. “I definitely wasn’t looking to change. It wasn’t my lesbian lifestyle that I was bringing to God, but I wondered if God had answers to my deeper longings. Problem was, I didn’t trust God at all!

Keep reading here

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

yes beautiful story. I can also  see where they can feel that christians would judge them. One of the struggles of long term christians is they end up walking in circles where they don't hang out with any body else other then just christians. It becomes hard to be soft and light when this circle becomes so small that you lost value of the non christians . This is what Jesus was poking at here, Even christians can hurt us and people that don't think the same can hurt each other. I think how we respond is important it builds bridges. As in this story that so relates. I love it. 

desi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Yes, this is an amazing testimony.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Even tolerating lesbianism nowadays, wow, just wow.

Guest Butero

It is wonderful to see any sinner come to the Lord.  This is an interesting story in that there were so many possible things that could have occurred that would have led to this woman not getting saved.  First of all is the way the people reacted to these two women when they came to church.  I couldn't have blamed them if they had said something to them about their obviously sinful lifestyle.  They could have done that in order to have protected the flock.  At the same time, these were not church members, only visitors, and a church needs to have more tolerance towards visitors, regardless of who they are.  You can't expect them to come into the church clean.  Since I believe that God knows everything, and nothing happens by accident, I believe he had this entire thing planned from the start.  These two women didn't go to that church by accident, and God knew exactly which one would receive the message of salvation.  It goes to show that we can't automatically write anyone off, because God is able to save those we would consider the worst sinners. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It is sad to hear you say this, knowing this display of love eventually led her to repentance.

Did you read the rest of the testimony?

The story makes clear these two women were not believers, but were lost (i.e. "sinners"). There is no place for a sinful lifestyle inside the body of believers (church) as the Bible makes clear. That could be the gay lifestyle - or adultery. Sin is all the same. The display of love those members showed them resulted in someone being saved, so a certain amount of tolerance for visitors is definitely the right thing to do, as Butero indicated. The pair went to that church to cause problems -- and God turned that on its head.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Beautiful testimony with a very important message.

Several years ago, I was invited to join in with an effort of a missionary organization. I was out street witnessing. We went in pairs wearing t-shirts clearly marked with the name of Jesus, so anyone we talked to would know what we were doing.

I walked past some tables setup outside of a restaurant, and I noticed two women looking intently at me. I decided to go over to talk. During the conversation, one of the women mentioned that she had cancer, and not a very good one. The other woman held her hand and looked deeply upset. I asked if we could pray for them. Immediately, they said, 'you would do that for us?'. What hit me most was they were surprised that we would pray for them. I said yes, but let them know I would also be praying for them to be open to Jesus and that Jesus would show them Who He was. That was fine with them, so we prayed, first that they would be open and come to Jesus, and also that Jesus was touch them with peace, and healing. They were both in tears, sobbing, and thanked us profusely.

I wish I could say they were saved that day, but I can't. They did not accept Jesus at that time. I have prayed that the encounter stirred them to further seek out Jesus. But, I left with this very real shock at their reaction when we offered to pray. These lesbian women (although we did not discuss this with them, we knew), were shocked, wide eyed and never expected it, when we as Christians offered to pray for them.  After, I thought about the way many Christians portray their opinions of homosexuals. Many or most do not expect anything from Christians but condemning angry speech.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone!

Neb,Darling Sister.....what a beautiful story this is,Praise & Glory to God....Oh how He loves us!It sure is wonderful that these two women were greeted as every visitor should be when they walk into a House of Praise & Worship.......greeted with love & acceptance for WHO they are not what they are or how they live......

I remember when I used to walk into church as a guest, looking like a lady of the evening-lol & I was greeted with love and no one looked at me any differently than anyone else(& I sure stood out)......actually I was still awake from the night before and had on my "club clothes"..........it meant alot to me & I can tell you from experience that the sinner has enough of their own sin condemnation & being reminded of their sinful lifestyle by others is not anyway to reach them....

I read alot ,even here on Worthy where the believer really means well by preaching how ones lifestyle leads to destruction & they will show them Scriptures that clearly show the life they are leading is an abomination to the Lord but that (in my heart)does not profit much ......LOVE,to display the love Christ has for us AS WE ARE ,WHILE YET IN SIN is the Way Jesus does it...............the Holy Spirit does all the convicting within the sinners heart & all the loving ,through us.......................................to God be the Glory!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

A lot of people go to church looking to make trouble. The Baptist church I attended would have witches and satanists try to disrupt the service. Elders would take them to a separate room and talk to them. The church I attend now has a lot of mormons, alcoholics and street people drop in.

Several people in our church have jail ministries, several have street ministries, and others bring people from Alanon meetings. So we end up with all sorts of visitors to our otherwise average american church. I normally make an effort to greet people that others might avoid, and the face of one still gives me the creeps. I saw a lot of deception and evil in the eyes of this man in the long dirty hair and grin that revealed mostly missing teeth, and I did not feel safe around him. But I did firmly reach my hand out to him, say Hi, i'm Willa, looked steadily into his eyes and smiled as he took my hand. He hasn't come back and I have to tell you that I am relieved. Not all street people affect me that way. Most try to manipulate or use me. They go elsewhere when they find I won't jump through their hoops.

You have to understand that my family was really great. We were poor but I never knew it or wanted for supporting love. But our pastor came from a welfare family that was ungodly, and his mom was the woman at the well. Alcohol, drugs, and violence were the norm. God saved him when he went to church looking for girls when he was a teenager. So many of these people are able to identify with his past and will open up to him; he brings God's acceptance and healing to many. He can also quickly see through the hype.

All I can do is obey the Lord to reach out in friendship to care about others so that hopefully they can receive Gods love and receive Christ.. If they can't see His love in me, they will never believe God can love them.