• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/05/1997

a universal moral is something i think a lot about.

i'll present shortly my conclusion with an exemple:

your in the jungle and you're attacked by a lion who wants to kill you.

you shoot him down because he's a treath to you.

you have done good, because otherwise you were dead.

at the other side, it was not very good for the lion, who just wanted to eat, or who would starve.

i have many other exemples of this kind of situation.

my personal conclusion is that there is only a human moral law, not a universal one.

I'll present shortly my conclusion with an example:

you shoot him down because he's a threat to you.

at the other side, it was not very good for the lion, who just wanted to eat, or who would starve.

i have many other examples of this kind of situation.

my personal conclusion is that there is only a human moral law, not a universal one.

:thumbsup:

God Came Down To Earth

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Matthew 1:23

To Become Forever A Human Being

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Matthew 1:18-23

To Give His Life To Save His Brothers And Sisters From Everlasting Hell Fire

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. 1 Peter 1:18-21

Yet It's A Sad Sad But True Fact, For Most Of Mankind

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

Their Human Moral Law

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Romans 3:10-12

Kicks In

Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

Their feet are swift to shed blood:

Destruction and misery are in their ways:

And the way of peace have they not known:

There is no fear of God before their eyes. Romans 3:13-18

Now Brother I Ask, Is This Human Moral Law

And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart. Jeremiah 18:12

Really Ever Filled With The Law

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:29-31

Is It Really Even Moral

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 1 John 5:10

Or Even Rational

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

Is It Wise?

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. Matthew 2:1-2

~

Believe

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:11-13

And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Guest shiloh357

Survival is not an issue of morality.   In survival you do anything it takes survive even if it means committing evil.   When we start defining good with such irrational notions as survival, anything no matter how murderous or heinous can be justified as "good" and that leads to lawlessness where morality is defined by each person rather than having one objective standard that governs how we live.

ok, another than survival then:

suppose there is a man and he likes killing people, just for fun.

in himself, he thinks it's good.

while we think it's bad.

then moral is a matter of opinion.

the man will be depicted as bad, because the majority of the other people think it's bad.

imagine now that the other people think the same as that man.

then that act will be good, as well as the man, because majority wins.

now moral is also a matter of majority.

Guest shiloh357

while we think it's bad.

the man will be depicted as bad, because the majority of the other people think it's bad.

A universal moral law cannot be subject to opinion.  if it is based on opinion, then it isn't universal and you have just contradicted your assertion that such a universal law exists.  

If morality is based on opinion, then if a person thinks killing other people for sport is morally acceptable, you are you or anyone else to say it is bad?   What right to do his victims have in to expect justice?  

If he thinks it is okay to kill for fun and you don't think  it's okay for him to do that, what makes him wrong and you right?   If morality is based on opinion, there is no "morality."  Morality can't be relative or based on opinion.   By nature morality must be defined by one objective moral standard.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,014
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The period of Good that the Lord created was ended by choice of our greatest grandpa Adam...

What we observe since that time is the curse of God upon said creation and the rebellion of

satan in present control and influence of a cursed fallen world...

Any conclusions of the natural order of things now will be skewed and any reasoning

from a skewed perspective will naturally be influenced into what is called shadows

and darkness- explained as such by Paul

1 Cor 13:12

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face:

now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

KJV

It is in this line of reality that we use God's Word to illumine our sight in this

fallen place as to see into the darkness the true nature of things - which being

God's Person and what He is keeping forever...

example: no one gives a quarter for a penny and anyone who did would be called a

fool! No one would give a $100.00 for a loaf of bread (not yet anyway)! In all this

we have been influenced by a system of value learned from the darkness whereby we do

not thank God for the highest value 'Himself' and into the next highest value the

sustenance to continue to do so... instead we have myriad of values placed in an

order which excludes God or nearly so into what is called false life being the

practice of the worship of death! Lost is the absence of compass leading out of the

darkness into the light and true North is in fact where God Sanctuary 'IS'... the

only problem though it is outside of the universe He is presently stretching out

like a curtain and the congregation is in those born of His Spirit being fashioned

for true worship outside of the influence of error that is here in this darkness.

1 John 2:15-18

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any

man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that

is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the

pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world

passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God

abideth for ever. 18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have

heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists;

whereby we know that it is the last time.

KJV

My prayer for all is that your heart is built on nothing less than Jesus Blood and Righteousness...

Love, Steven

while we think it's bad.

A universal moral law cannot be subject to opinion.  if it is based on opinion, then it isn't universal and you have just contradicted your assertion that such a universal law exists.  

If morality is based on opinion, then if a person thinks killing other people for sport is morally acceptable, you are you or anyone else to say it is bad?   What right to do his victims have in to expect justice?  

If he thinks it is okay to kill for fun and you don't think  it's okay for him to do that, what makes him wrong and you right?   If morality is based on opinion, there is no "morality."  Morality can't be relative or based on opinion.   By nature morality must be defined by one objective moral standard.

maybe your understood me wrong. i'm saying there is no universal MORAL law. so how can i contradict myself?

and i was saying that if moral is indeed linked to opinion, then there is no universal moral law.

all you say below that is just proving my point.

If he thinks it is okay to kill for fun and you don't think  it's okay for him to do that, what makes him wrong and you right?   If morality is based on opinion, there is no "morality.

Edited by Schouwenaars

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

I haven't found any moral system that can completely account for what is "right" and what is "wrong" and do so consistently throughout history.   To me morality is a bit like "How do you perfectly take care of your body?".   There are going to be some grey areas for sure, but we KNOW drinking bleach isn't going to be a recommendation.

* I think you can come up with a basis for "morality" especially if you're working with:  intelligent social beings [in this case humans], who hold to some core values such as:

Life is preferable to death

Pleasure is preferable to pain

*Credit to Matt Dilahunty

Now again, I'm not saying there aren't exceptions or any grey areas.   For instance, if I'm in extreme pain and it's terminal, perhaps I'd prefer death over life in that case.

I truly believe the Theist has more trouble accounting for morality as defined by some being they refer to as "God".

Guest shiloh357

I truly believe the Theist has more trouble accounting for morality as defined by some being they refer to as "God".

the perfect basis for morality is the Bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I have to wonder about what kind of internal moral code humans have.  I've had students in my class (you'll hear me talk about teaching a lot) who have eyes like a shark.  Absolutely nothing there.  They think nothing about hurting another student, or boldly lying to my face.  It makes me wonder about their world view.

There are severe warnings from God about the continual evacuation of God's truth from our implementation of being

Rom 1:26-27

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women

exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the

men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one

another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in

themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

NKJV

Ps 81:11-12

11 But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me.

12 So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: and they walked in their

own counsels.

KJV

As society increases in the wickedness of investing themselves into that which does not last

they have no hold on the everlasting... this is no achor of being and into the abyss of ruin

and darkness of serving the lusts of that which ends...

Heb 6:18-20

18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie,

we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold

upon the hope set before us: 19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul,

both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;

20 Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest

for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

KJV

The infinite is a scary place until your attached to the Infinite Being Jesus The Christ...

Love, Steven

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: