IGNORED

Has anyone given thought to the missing airliner...

JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,793
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Matthew 24 sounds like we need to watch.

4 ¶ And Jesus answered and said to them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many will come in My name, saying, I am Christ, and will deceive many.
6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled, for all these things must occur; but the end is not yet.
7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines and pestilences and earthquakes in different places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 Then they will deliver you up to be afflicted and will kill you. And you will be hated of all nations for My name's sake.
10 And then many will be offended, and will betray one another, and will hate one another.
11 And many false prophets will rise and deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many will become cold.
13 But he who endures to the end, the same shall be kept safe.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be proclaimed in all the world as a witness to all nations. And then the end shall come.
15 Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (whoever reads, let him understand).
16 Then let those in Judea flee into the mountains.
17 Let him on the housetop not come down to take anything out of his house;
18 nor let him in the field turn back to take his clothes.
19 And woe to those who are with child, and to those who give suck in those days!
20 But pray that your flight is not in the winter, nor on the sabbath day;
21 for then shall be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning ofthe world to this time; no, nor ever shall be.
22 And unless those days should be shortened, no flesh would be saved. But for the elect's sake, those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ! Or, There! Do not believe it.
24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders; so much so that, if it were possible, they would deceive even the elect.
25 Behold, I have told you beforehand.
26 Therefore if they shall say to you, Behold, He is in the desert! Do not go out. Behold, He is in the secret rooms! Do not believe it.
27 For as the lightning comes out of the east and shines even to the west, so also will be the coming of the Son of man.
28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered.

Guest DRS81

Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business by Neil Postman is a good book, just finished that one. - DRS81

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business by Neil Postman is a good book, just finished that one. - DRS81

Amusing ourselves to death is right on.People have morbid curiosity.In the news on television they want to see the gory pics of people dead and bloody.When there is an automobile accident no one can get through because of all the gawkers.They want to see the gory action.Sad but true.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

bopeep,

I was reading this thread and thinking......

I'll be amoung the first to say..Yes the news isn't one of my favorite things to watch....

to me it ranks right up there with "Reality T.V."....

BUT,

there are things that we need to know..like i want to know if that plane has been found...are the passengers ok?? was it hijacked??? if so is there a ransome??..will we pay it or not???( my guess here is no..saddly)....

Knowing that it's still missing....I pray for all concerned!!

As I pray for all concerned when i hear sirens.....

OUR LORD IS A GENTELMEN, HE WILL NEVER JUST COME IN AND TAKE OVER....HE WAITS TO BE INVITED......How can we help ???BY asking HIM to come into the situation ...no matter what the situation is.....i often say "Dear LORD, I asking you to help ....I'm sure i'm not the  first to ask but i want to add my voice to all the others asking for you're help right now.. i've seen miracles happen when i do that....ooo not the fireworks kinda miracles..but miracles of seeing an accident avoided and lives spared..EVERYthing OUR LORD DOES IS A MIRACLE!!

But we need to invite HIM..or heed HIS Call to pray.....

bopeep, is the news evil....yes..BUt like it or not it's a neccessary evil...perhaps this will help you see the news in a new light.

GBU Sister..

~~~MISS~~~

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone

Everyone is talking about this missing plane & I am not sure that we will ever know what happened to it ,my heart goes out to the families & loved ones of the passengers & crew that were aboard that aircraft..........so many people are praying for those people,I am sure that our prayers are what gives them strength during this time were there is little hope....it is difficult enough to get through losing someone you love and it is even harder when there isn't any closure or finalization,Lord have Mercy....

So,,,we should pray for others,we should pray for many things.......how could we do this if we do not know what is going on around us,do we simply say"Lord you know all the people & problems in the whole world,I entrust it all in Your care".......hmmm,is that a heartfelt prayer?Perhaps it is a good idea to watch or read the news & maybe God will call on you to pray for a particular person,place or thing?

I am not really a fan of "the news" & I hardly watch it but I try to keep up with it through different reading resources and many times I am prompted by the Holy Spirit to pray....................just thought this may give someone a different perspective?God Bless us all.....

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't read or watch the news. I read books.

Reading books is great but....a person needs to keep his/her eye on what's happening in the world, IMO. 

no they don't.

I agree.Who wants to read that evil stuff.God is in control.What is going to happen will happen.

Being blind to the world around you in not a good idea, though.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

Reading books is great but....a person needs to keep his/her eye on what's happening in the world, IMO. 

no they don't.

Of course we do.  Especially news that was predicted millenia ago.   We live in this world even if we are not a part of it. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

no they don't.

I agree.Who wants to read that evil stuff.God is in control.What is going to happen will happen.

I read the headlines on the very gruesome things.That is all my heart will allow.Some of the newsworthy items that are not so gross I will read sometimes.

Blessings Everyone

Everyone is talking about this missing plane & I am not sure that we will ever know what happened to it ,my heart goes out to the families & loved ones of the passengers & crew that were aboard that aircraft..........so many people are praying for those people,I am sure that our prayers are what gives them strength during this time were there is little hope....it is difficult enough to get through losing someone you love and it is even harder when there isn't any closure or finalization,Lord have Mercy....

So,,,we should pray for others,we should pray for many things.......how could we do this if we do not know what is going on around us,do we simply say"Lord you know all the people & problems in the whole world,I entrust it all in Your care".......hmmm,is that a heartfelt prayer?Perhaps it is a good idea to watch or read the news & maybe God will call on you to pray for a particular person,place or thing?

I am not really a fan of "the news" & I hardly watch it but I try to keep up with it through different reading resources and many times I am prompted by the Holy Spirit to pray....................just thought this may give someone a different perspective?God Bless us all.....

With love-in Christ,Kwik

You make an excellent point, Kwik.  I hadn't thought of it that way but....absolutely true.  :mgbowtie:

no they don't.

I read the headlines on the very gruesome things.That is all my heart will allow.Some of the newsworthy items that are not so gross I will read sometimes.

I have to admit I do that too.  Sometimes I just can't make myself read really awful news stories.