Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LookingForAnswers

Animals before the fall

238 posts in this topic

Do you think it was common for animals to talk to humans prior to the fall?   It is not recorded that Eve was surprised by the serpent talking to her.  It seems that if animals didn't talk that a talking serpent would have been an odd thing.    Also, Adam met with each of the animals to give them a name and to see if they were suitable for his helper.  Is it conceivable that he was able to speak to them during this meeting time?

Thought about this today and wanted to get some other opinions.

This makes me think of Narnia. :D

Interesting theory. Balaam's donkey also spoke, so maybe it was an ability they had previously?

Since they don't seem to be able to speak physically, how about some sort of telepathic or empathic communication?  I swear my dog tries to speak to me mentally. She just stares....and stares...and somehow I find myself handing her a dog biscuit. :laugh:

If it was not recorded in the Bible I do not except it.

Just depends on what ancient man could imagine.  They could claim anything.

While we might agree on some things, it seems our view of the Bible is not the same.  The Bible is the Word of God and not the imagination of ancient men.  If you don't believe the Bible is the word of God, why even believe there is a God?

Do you think it was common for animals to talk to humans prior to the fall?   It is not recorded that Eve was surprised by the serpent talking to her.  It seems that if animals didn't talk that a talking serpent would have been an odd thing.    Also, Adam met with each of the animals to give them a name and to see if they were suitable for his helper.  Is it conceivable that he was able to speak to them during this meeting time?

Why must the story be literal?  Why can't it be taken as an inspired myth or fable?

clb

================================================================================================

Nachash can mean "Shining One":  http://www.bibleunderstanding.com/serpent.htm

(2 Corinthians 11:14) "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

(Ezekiel 28:13) "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created."

All those stones refract Light

Not tied to it, found it interesting.

================================================================================================

Nachash can mean "Shining One":  http://www.bibleunderstanding.com/serpent.htm

(2 Corinthians 11:14) "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

(Ezekiel 28:13) "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created."

All those stones refract Light

Not tied to it, found it interesting.

Hmmm.  I am really not sure how this is remotely relevant to the question.  I know you said it wasn't tied to it; but I assumed they were tied at least a little to the question.

Not an insult to you: my guess is I am missing the connection.  Please explain.

clb

Hmmm.  I am really not sure how this is remotely relevant to the question.  I know you said it wasn't tied to it; but I assumed they were tied at least a little to the question.

clb

=============================================================================

How about these statements in the OP:

It is not recorded that Eve was surprised by the serpent talking to her.

It seems that if animals didn't talk that a talking serpent would have been an odd thing.

It may not have been a SERPENT/SNAKE talking to her.

Help?

See the relevance now?

clb

=============================================================================

How about these statements in the OP:

It is not recorded that Eve was surprised by the serpent talking to her.

It seems that if animals didn't talk that a talking serpent would have been an odd thing.

It may not have been a SERPENT/SNAKE talking to her.

Help?

See the relevance now?

Why would it describe it as a serpent?

clb

Why would it describe it as a serpent?

clb

List the descriptors?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0