Is it okay to live together if you're both christians and sleeping

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My boyfriend and I were not walking with God when we met and moved in together. We've since given our lives back to Him and our dispute these days is: Is it okay to live together if we sleep in different rooms?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Kim......

Welcome to Worthy............Praise the Lord,this will be a good thread once you have 5 posts & you can post it in the appropriate forum.....the administration would like to keep this forum  "the Welcome"forum  where you can be greeted by everyone & introduce yourself to everyone!

Glad you are here......................to God be the Glory!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

WELCOME KIM!!

Nice to have you here!

Kim  in order to get you're 5 posts, just say Hi to 5 people in the welcome thread...and we'll be off and running !

GBU!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Kim, welcome to Worthy. 

God bless you,

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles

Blessings Kim......

Welcome to Worthy............Praise the Lord,this will be a good thread once you have 5 posts & you can post it in the appropriate forum.....the administration would like to keep this forum  "the Welcome"forum  where you can be greeted by everyone & introduce yourself to everyone!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Thank you, trying to figure out how it works. Thanks for the Welcome!

Blessings Kim......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Thank you!

Kim, welcome to Worthy. You mentioned that you and your boyfriend have given your lives back to the Lord. So both of you had a previous commitment with God, somewhere prior to your decision to live together. Now you are struggling to keep that relationship holy, by not having the intimacy you once had. Is a decision for marriage also planned in the near future? If so, your heart is in the right place, but your living arrangement is not. From experience, you are leaving yourselves open to give in to temptation. And it will  happen, believe me. You also mentioned a "dispute"? One of you is not happy with this situation... I understand. I'm sure the problem to separate until marriage, may pose a financial difficulty, or some other difficult situation. Despite all of  this, the Lord would be pleased if you make a firm stand to change your minds and choose to remain faithful unto the Lord. With all good intentions, sooner or later, you will yield to the intimacy you once shared with one another. Believe me, I know! This would bring shame and embarrassment before the Lord, your God. It's a mistake... You need a change of plans and soon. Unless you've set a very near date in holy matrimony. Still the thoughts of former intimacy will be extremely hard to resist. We are human and the flesh is weak. If returning to a holy lifestyle is a concern, are you attending church? Can you find an honest and understanding minister, to lead both of  you towards a walk pleasing to the Lord? I know this seems rather complicated, but the answer is simple... Make plans, or make choices. You don't want to live a life, feeling guilt or shame. There's not one of us, that are in haste to cast stones, because none of us are qualified to do so. May the Lord our Savior lead both of you into the pathway of righteousness.

God bless you,

David/BeauJangles

Marriage is on the back burner. I am feeling the conviction (that living together is wrong), he is not. As long as we're not having sex, he feels everything is okay. But something inside me can't shake that it's not enough. I agree that the flesh will give in sooner or later. He is saying that he won't move unless he hears it from God...I think it's plain in the Bible...I do love him. Unfortunately, we are arguing over the Word of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Kim...

Just 2 more posts(you can reply to me &or 2 others & you got it!) & then you can post your question perhaps in "Struggles " or someplace you think it shuld be (Look through the different forums)....It's easy

With love-in Christ,Kwik

He is saying that he won't move unless he hears it from God...I think it's plain in the Bible...I do love him. Unfortunately, we are arguing over the Word of God.

Praying~!