Is it okay to live together if you're both christians and sleeping

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

God knows what you are doing... do the rest of us matter? I think not. if two of the same sex live in the same house a lot of people will think them as gay.

if it is bothering you it'll a problem no mattrr what any of us think. Feeling as you do I'd say you need to do something.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

God knows what you are doing... do the rest of us matter? I think not. if two of the same sex live in the same house a lot of people will think them as gay.

if it is bothering you it'll a problem no mattrr what any of us think. Feeling as you do I'd say you need to do something.

I agree.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hello Kim -

I won't bother repeating any points that have already been made, but I believe they are good things for you to consider.

However, there is one element missing in this that I would like to address. Now that you have given your lives to Jesus, what are you doing for Christian fellowship and accountability?

It would be wise of you, if you can (for I know how difficult it can be) to find a church you can trust for such. Being under the direct council of mature Christian elders for something like this would be highly beneficial to you.

Blessings on your convictions and your choices.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Oak.....

Why is it that people always leave out the point you are trying to make,,,,I am really starting to believe that folks just love to be contrary,I think I will take a break from Worthy.......no one has to agree with me,that does not bother me but there are just too many preachers & if your OPINION differs from someones then they actually tell you ,you are wrong .....its awful

As I said.....it is obviously bothering Kim,I gave the example my Pastor makes ..............since she is being convicted I told her how I see it....you can see it however you wish but I am sick of being told your"opinion" is wrong.......No Oakwood,people don't hang their marriage certificates out their window but it my neighborhood everyone knows everyones business  and I stay mindful of Who I represent

With love-in Christ , Kwik      adios

Blessings Oak.....

Why is it that people always leave out the point you are trying to make,,,,I am really starting to believe that folks just love to be contrary,I think I will take a break from Worthy.......no one has to agree with me,that does not bother me but there are just too many preachers & if your OPINION differs from someones then they actually tell you ,you are wrong .....its awful

As I said.....it is obviously bothering Kim,I gave the example my Pastor makes ..............since she is being convicted I told her how I see it....you can see it however you wish but I am sick of being told your"opinion" is wrong.......No Oakwood,people don't hang their marriage certificates out their window but it my neighborhood everyone knows everyones business  and I stay mindful of Who I represent

With love-in Christ , Kwik      adios

Your opinion is not wrong and you don't have to take a break from Worthy. You should do what you feel is right. Appearances are different things to different people. If you differ with my opinion that's fine. Your neighbourhood is different to mine. I am surrounded by sinners.

I debated your point, not for your sake but for the benefit of the OP. Nobody has the right to tell her that she is giving the appearance of evil. They can give her advice whether to stay or go, that is what she asked for. But your point is still extremely valid. I was just giving my take on it.

Your opinion is not wrong. Opinions are meant to be explored and challenged. Mine often are. I'm grateful for it.

Guest shiloh357

Hi Kim and welcome to Worthy.  We are glad to have  you here.

No I don't believe it is OK to stay in the same house even though you are sleeping in different bedrooms. The Bible says to abstain from all appearances of evil.  You may be in different bedrooms but that is not what it looks like to others to others.  We as believers have to be careful as to  how the world sees us. Let me ask you something.  If Jesus were in your house would you   be in  the same house   with your boyfriend with the explanation that you sleep in different rooms?   I know I couldn't.  I would worry about that says to the world because that is what we are trying to change and we can't do that when what we do looks like the world.  So I would say no it is not OK.  Sorry.  Keep it above suspicion and you will never have to worry.     Praise the Lord!  

Because He Lives,!  Rustyangel                                                      

I'm not sure if I would agree with you that this is an appearance of evil. They have separate rooms. If anybody inquires they can be shown that. What does it matter what other people think? Anybody who doesn't know them would probably think they are married anyway.

If a female neighbour of mine pops round for a cup of tea, do I turn her away in case people think we're having an affair?

I'm an unmarried man. Is that an appearance of evil? Some people think because I'm unmarried I must be sleeping with every woman in the street, or they think I'm bringing girls home every week. In their minds that is what they would do, therefore I must be doing it. Because I've been celibate for some time, I even been accused of being gay. What am I supposed to do, wear a t-shirt saying "yes I'm single but I'm celibate and I'm not homosexual."?

Appearances of evil are probably more extreme than that. Two people sharing a place together with separate rooms has nothing to do with anybody else.

If two people of the opposite sex are living together, they can deny sexual acitivity till their blue in the face, but no one will believe them.  There will aways be suspicion.  Just because two people are sleeping in separate rooms doesn't mean they are not having sex, so no matter what they say publicly people are going to assume things about them.

Yes it is does constitute an appearance of evil because of what it appears to other people.  There should be nothing in our conduct that raises any kind of suspicions about our moral/ethical conduct.    Even if we are completely innocent, we need to think about how some people will perceive our actions.  The Bible makes that clear.

As a single man, myself, I am never alone in a house or an apartment or any private place with a woman I am not married to, whether she is married or not. 

Then don't invite any male friends round either. People might think you are gay.

Doesn't work that way and I think you know that. If two guys, say, in their 30's are living together, people might think they are gay, though.

You need to come to grips with reality and how people think.

Hi Kim and welcome to Worthy.  We are glad to have  you here.

No I don't believe it is OK to stay in the same house even though you are sleeping in different bedrooms. The Bible says to abstain from all appearances of evil.  You may be in different bedrooms but that is not what it looks like to others to others.  We as believers have to be careful as to  how the world sees us. Let me ask you something.  If Jesus were in your house would you   be in  the same house   with your boyfriend with the explanation that you sleep in different rooms?   I know I couldn't.  I would worry about that says to the world because that is what we are trying to change and we can't do that when what we do looks like the world.  So I would say no it is not OK.  Sorry.  Keep it above suspicion and you will never have to worry.     Praise the Lord!  

Because He Lives,!  Rustyangel                                                      

I'm not sure if I would agree with you that this is an appearance of evil. They have separate rooms. If anybody inquires they can be shown that. What does it matter what other people think? Anybody who doesn't know them would probably think they are married anyway.

If a female neighbour of mine pops round for a cup of tea, do I turn her away in case people think we're having an affair?

I'm an unmarried man. Is that an appearance of evil? Some people think because I'm unmarried I must be sleeping with every woman in the street, or they think I'm bringing girls home every week. In their minds that is what they would do, therefore I must be doing it. Because I've been celibate for some time, I even been accused of being gay. What am I supposed to do, wear a t-shirt saying "yes I'm single but I'm celibate and I'm not homosexual."?

Appearances of evil are probably more extreme than that. Two people sharing a place together with separate rooms has nothing to do with anybody else.

If two people of the opposite sex are living together, they can deny sexual acitivity till their blue in the face, but no one will believe them.  There will aways be suspicion.  Just because two people are sleeping in separate rooms doesn't mean they are not having sex, so no matter what they say publicly people are going to assume things about them.

Yes it is does constitute an appearance of evil because of what it appears to other people.  There should be nothing in our conduct that raises any kind of suspicions about our moral/ethical conduct.    Even if we are completely innocent, we need to think about how some people will perceive our actions.  The Bible makes that clear.

As a single man, myself, I am never alone in a house or an apartment or any private place with a woman I am not married to, whether she is married or not. 

Then don't invite any male friends round either. People might think you are gay.

Doesn't work that way and I think you know that. If two guys, say, in their 30's are living together, people might think they are gay, though.

You need to come to grips with reality and how people think.

I do know how people think. I'm a single man. People thought that I was gay when I lived alone or didn't have a girlfriend for at least a month !!!! :hmmm:

. Each neighbourhood is different. My comment was also slightly tongue in cheek. People can think anything they want, and they will if their minds are warped enough.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I think it is between you and God Kim.You do know what the Lord says about sex outside marriage and the consequences?Also living in the same house with someone you are in love with brings a tremendous amount of tempation.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

True love for Christ means true followership, I'm not sure of that word, but it's ok, true followership means true obedience. You can never walk with God in the tracks of your past. New wine, new bottle, old wine, old bottle. You must not be scared to stay apart until marriage, if only you believe this statement, " the prince of this world Connery and findeth nothing in me". The trick is this, you may never have a full conviction of sin not until you pack your bags, tell sin no and expose sin. When you put sin to a public shame then you will get a true hatred for and from sin.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I once had the same experience, before long we burnt with evil desires inside and each time I look at her I remember the past and I wished it never ended, I just couldn't wait for marriage, why? Bcos of sex. Each time a fish craves for the worm, it will soon be caught up by a threaded hook. When you truly follow Christ, you will ever regret your past and a true desire to separate from the flesh will come. As long as you keep seeing each other frequently, then little will you be convicted of sin. Let your love for Christ grow more than your love for your self. Let the prince of this world not find nothing in you. God bless you