rmyers

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Does God know what you believe?  Does He see evidence of your belief?  Hebrews Chapter 11 says faith is the evidence of what you believe.  This is supported by Mark 2:3-5, when a paralyzed man was being lowered from the roof down to Jesus to be healed.  The bible says, "when Jesus saw their faith..."  Their faith told Jesus what they believed and what they were hoping for.  Their faith told Jesus they believed He could heal the paralyzed man.  Jesus did not disappoint them.  He told the paralyzed man to arise and take up his bed.

When it comes to faith, many of us have a credit based mentality.  We want credit for believing without showing the evidence of believing.  When we purchase an item on credit, we receive credit for purchasing the item even though the purchase transaction is not complete until full payment is made.  Let me bring it closer to home.  When we tell someone that we will pray for them, typically the person will say thank you.  The reason they say thank you is because, based on your word and based upon my word, they believe that you or I will combine our faith with their faith to reveal to God what we believe and are hoping for.  However, what if you or I never prayed for them?  What if we simply forgot and did not pray the prayer of faith on their behalf.  The truth is we received credit from that person when he or she said thank you but we never completed the faith transaction with the act of prayer.  It is the same with evangelism, we want credit from God that we will be witnesses for Him, but too often we don't actually follow up with actions to give Him something to bless. James 2:15-17 says faith without action is dead.

Evidence of faith is reflected in what we say and what we do.  The lady with the issue of blood said, "If I may touch His clothes, I shall be whole."  If she had stopped there, her illness would have remained.  If she had stopped there, she would not have completed the faith transaction.  She didn't stop there.  She completed the faith transaction, by reaching in from the crowd and touching His clothes.  When she completed the faith transaction, healing power left Jesus and went into the woman and healed her.

When asked, "Does God know what you believe? we must answer "yes" because He hears what I believe in my words and He sees what I believe in my actions.

"Be a witness and witness God move."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

He knows you better than you know yourself.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

God has every hair on your head counted.Get it?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  44

God knows you better than you know yourself when you are an unbeliever. He knows all you are is a helpless child, confused and needing help. But when you turn to Jesus, then He knows you are no more helpless. Then trials come to make you strong, and you can now fight with Him on your side. The problem is this, we always remember Egypt whenever we face challenges, instead of looking unto the one that has called us miraculously from Egypt. Each time God leaves a land mark behind your past, it is to assure you that what He did, He can do more and more, again and again. Not until you keep your full focus on Him, doubts becomes your shadow. Listen, "Lord I believe, help my unbelief". That's for a man that is not saved, or on the road to be saved.

When you are saved, the next word is, Lord, what do you want me do now? And God brings out His loving arms and says, relax don't be in a hurry, for I will heal all your wounds and you will serve me better. A wounded solider may not last the battle,except his wounds are healed

When you look at the healed wounds, you look at the God that healed you. When you look at trouble and trials, you look at the greater one that had overcome them all before. You walk not in ease but in victory. You may not have won the battle yet, but you must always walk in victory, bcos The victor is walking with you

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Evidence of faith is reflected in what we say and what we do.  The lady with the issue of blood said, "If I may touch His clothes, I shall be whole."  If she had stopped there, her illness would have remained.  If she had stopped there, she would not have completed the faith transaction.  She didn't stop there.  She completed the faith transaction, by reaching in from the crowd and touching His clothes.  When she completed the faith transaction, healing power left Jesus and went into the woman and healed her.

Faith transaction?  What about the fellow who said, "I believe, help my unbelief"    Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, "I do believe; help my unbelief."  Mark 9:24

I think any time someone reaches out to God, they must have some kind of faith to do that.  Faith, as it is, also comes from God.

I'm sorry, but I am not really following your line of teaching here...

GOD knows what is in your heart. That is what saves. Not actions, not words. That is why we are told not to judge. Actions and words serve as proofs to men, not to GOD. They are done in appreciation for what Christ has done for us.

Guest DRS81

Actions and words serve as proofs to men, not to GOD.

It reminded me of Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” :mgcheerful:

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  22

The point of saying faith is a transaction is to describe faith as action that God responds to.  The man who said help my unbelief came to Jesus believing that He could heal his son.  He showed an action of faith just by coming to Jesus and asking for help in the areas of unbelief.  On the other hand, Mark 6:6 says Jesus marveled at the unbelief of the people in His own country and could do no mighty work there.    The whole purpose of the thread is to promote actions of faith.  James said faith without actions is dead.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

OK..so it sounds like you are saying that God is responding to a certain 'type' of faith? 

What if someone doubts God is there, but says something along the lines of 'God, if you are there, could you somehow let me know?'

I think the man who came to Jesus was 'hoping' Jesus could/would heal his son....I think sometimes people have more hope than a 'type' of faith

Hope is certainly a biblical concept.

Do you believe/think that it is up to the amount or lack thereof, of faith, that causes God to act a certain way on our behalf?

I'm asking because I am still not really clear on what you are teaching

The whole purpose of the thread is to promote actions of faith.  James said faith without actions is dead.

I understand what James wrote there, but I do not see it as underscoring what I think you might be presenting here

Again, I'm trying to clairfy...I do tend to ask questions if I do not understand so thanks for your patience in answering them

You are relatively new here, so I am not familar enough with your posts to know just what direction this is intended to go in

Thanks

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Actions and words serve as proofs to men, not to GOD.

It reminded me of Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” :mgcheerful:

Yes,those are encouraging words  :mgcheerful: