• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

From what the reviewers I've read say, the word 'God' is not used once in this movie.  The reason is apparent to any believer

I've heard that they are using Noah's name and the story of the Flood to distort the message of Christianity into a 'New Age' Pagan version of events.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

The Lord sent the flood because of sin of man, not because of environmental damage. Noah saves things in the movie, but God saved noahs family in the bible. Completely changes the story.

Actually it was not just the sin of man...it was also due to the nephilim and desecration of Gods creation..

Genesis 6:4-8

4The Nephilimb were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.

5The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. 7So the LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

I disagree with that. I do not view the nephilim as hybrids of man and fallen angels either.

• Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

From what the reviewers I've read say, the word 'God' is not used once in this movie.  The reason is apparent to any believer.

I've heard that they are using Noah's name and the story of the Flood to distort the message of Christianity into a 'New Age' Pagan version of events.

Here's the latest Noah reviews:

"Jordan Hoffman of Screen Crush says, 'This film's inscrutable oddness -- and the willingness to take chances -- brought me to a place that could not have predicted. During the film's third act I had no idea how this movie was going to end. Seriously ...

"'Dark' is how Nathan Adams of Film School Rejects describes the big-budget flick. 'There's a tension that runs through the whole film about who you should be rooting for, or if it's even possible to root for anyone in this situation ...'

"The headline for Alonso Duralde's review for The Wrap reads, 'Darren Aronofsky's biblical 'Waterworld' mostly runs aground.' Duralde says that 'Unlike the thousands of CGI beasts of the land and air who hitch a ride on 'Noah,' Darren Aronofsky's highly-anticipated epic is neither fish nor fowl; in no way is it a straightforward Bible tale ...'

"HitFix's Drew McWeeny writes that 'Noah' 'is not just one of the most ambitious films I've seen this year, it's one of the most ambitious films I've ever seen. It's a movie that is spilling over with ideas and images and emotional explorations of the metaphysical.'

"Ty Burr of the Boston Globe says the film is 'equal parts ridiculous and magnificent.'"

And there's more at: http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/28/showbiz/movies/noah-movie-reviews/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If the characters weren't named after the Biblical people, giving the movie the "Bible marketing scheme", I might consider it as a feasible movie.

Never trust an openly anti-Christian atheist with telling a story from the Bible.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I read that "God" never occurs in the show.

Guest shiloh357

The movie uses the generic "creator" instead of God.   The movie says that the rebellious angels were turned into "rock people" by God and helped Noah build the ark.  The rock people also fought as Noah's army to keep the people from destroying the ark.

The movie says that Methusaleh was an ancient Shaman magician who gave Noah a seed from the Garden of Eden that grew all of the trees Noah needed to build the ark.

The movie basically depicts the ark as a means of saving the animals, not the people.  The family of Noah was spared by the creator to care for the animals until the flood was over and the Noah was instructed to basically commit a murder suicide and kill his family and himself and rid the world of humanity.

Noah's wife is a witch or has some kind of magical powers, as well. and she keeps some of the animals asleep.  The movie also says that they used some of the animals for food (despite having no way to cook in a wooden ark). 

Tubal-Cain is portrayed in the movie as a stowaway and was trying to kill Noah.  He was joined by Shem in that effort . 

Only one of Noah's sons, Shem had a wife, and she was Noah's adopted daughter.  She got pregnant and Noah vowed to kill her offspring if it was girl.   But at the end, could not bring himelf to kill her TWIN daughters.

At the end, Noah was getting drunk because he failed to kill his family and thus failed to do what the "creator" commanded him to do.  Noah just decides to live with his mistake.

Other than the name  "Noah" there is nothing biblical about this movie and frankly it is not fit for Christian consumption.  I will not waste my time or money on it.

• Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The movie uses the generic "creator" instead of God.   The movie says that the rebellious angels were turned into "rock people" by God and helped Noah build the ark.  The rock people also fought as Noah's army to keep the people from destroying the ark.

The movie says that Methusaleh was an ancient Shaman magician who gave Noah a seed from the Garden of Eden that grew all of the trees Noah needed to build the ark.

The movie basically depicts the ark as a means of saving the animals, not the people.  The family of Noah was spared by the creator to care for the animals until the flood was over and the Noah was instructed to basically commit a murder suicide and kill his family and himself and rid the world of humanity.

Noah's wife is a witch or has some kind of magical powers, as well. and she keeps some of the animals asleep.  The movie also says that they used some of the animals for food (despite having no way to cook in a wooden ark). 

Tubal-Cain is portrayed in the movie as a stowaway and was trying to kill Noah.  He was joined by Shem in that effort . 

Only one of Noah's sons, Shem had a wife, and she was Noah's adopted daughter.  She got pregnant and Noah vowed to kill her offspring if it was girl.   But at the end, could not bring himelf to kill her TWIN daughters.

At the end, Noah was getting drunk because he failed to kill his family and thus failed to do what the "creator" commanded him to do.  Noah just decides to live with his mistake.

Other than the name  "Noah" there is nothing biblical about this movie and frankly it is not fit for Christian consumption.  I will not waste my time or money on it.

I've heard the same. It is a deliberate attempt to sell a false version of Christianity (and Judaism) to the masses.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/30/1992

I saw that movie. I thought it was a great movie that did not go against scripture other than the fact that Ham had no wife as in scripture it implies he has a wife. There was nothing that was sacreligious.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/30/1992

Remember that it is not a BAPTIST only movie....it is combination of all the stories and versions of Noah. See the movie and take from it what you KNOW is right, but do not bully a film because it isn't word for word from the KJV. The story of noah is 2 pages of scripture that encompasses nearly a millenium of time. Who is to say what happened during that time God does not tell us everything.

• Loved it! 1

Guest shiloh357

I saw that movie. I thought it was a great movie that did not go against scripture other than the fact that Ham had no wife as in scripture it implies he has a wife. There was nothing that was sacreligious.

You have GOT to be kidding.  There was NOTHING about the movie that was according to Scripture the entire movie went against Scripture.  Either you saw a different Noah movie, or you are not biblically literate.