• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

Jeremiah 1
King James Version (KJV)
1 The words of Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah, of the priests that were in Anathoth in the land of Benjamin:

2 To whom the word of the Lord came in the days of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, in the thirteenth year of his reign.

3 It came also in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the end of the eleventh year of Zedekiah the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the carrying away of Jerusalem captive in the fifth month.

4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Has our destiny been carved out already ?

Do we carve our own destiny ?

I have come to beleive over the years, that salvation is predestined, that is to say that God chooses us, before the foundation of the world. We do not choose Him unless He does a work in us first. I do not know that I would extend that to every detail of our lives, but certainly some details in some lives, He also orchestrates.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

if there is not free choice then God becomes a puppet master and we are simply puppet. Then one would have to ask,"what's the point?".

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I think Jeremiah had a choice.

His job was predestinated.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

We also have Romans 8:28-30 that speaks to predestination.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

The steps, or explanations is:

1. foreknew
  2. predestined
  3. conformed
  4. called
  5. justified
  6. glorified

It is interesting to see Paul point out that God first foreknew before He predestined.  I do not believe God just picked and chose people, I believe He looked down through time to see who would choose His salvation; therefore, He foreknew before He predestined.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

1. foreknew
  2. predestined
  3. conformed
  4. called
  5. justified
  6. glorified

It is interesting to see Paul point out that God first foreknew before He predestined.  I do not believe God just picked and chose people, I believe He looked down through time to see who would choose His salvation; therefore, He foreknew before He predestined.

What are your thoughts on Pharoh and Essau ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

1. foreknew
  2. predestined
  3. conformed
  4. called
  5. justified
  6. glorified

What are your thoughts on Pharoh and Essau ?

Can you be more specific?  I can say they both made their choices.

Guest shiloh357

Predestination in the Bible has NOTHING  to do with who is or is not saved.   Predestination in every use of the word pertains to what God has predestined the beleiver to become.  It is not about predestinating who will become a believer. Predestination in the Bible is connected to service, not salvation.

Guest DRS81

Predestination in the Bible has NOTHING  to do with who is or is not saved.   Predestination in every use of the word pertains to what God has predestined the beleiver to become.  It is not about predestinating who will become a believer. Predestination in the Bible is connected to service, not salvation.

I agree. The Bible says we are predestined

1.  To be conformed to the image of Christ (Rom. 8:29) 2.  For adoption  (Eph. 1:5)  3. To be to the praise of His glory (Eph. 1:11-12)

Predestined/Elect/Chosen are speaking about AFTER salvation, not prior.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

Interesting subject...

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. (Ephesians 1:3-6)

How do you read this? Just curious...