• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The Lord was impressing me about wells.

So, I am interested in hearing what people know about them - spiritually.

I know about "drawing" and the "living water," but I'm thinking more in lines of how is the principle put into practice?

And are there any songs about wells (other than "Spring up, o well")?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The Lord was impressing me about wells.

So, I am interested in hearing what people know about them - spiritually.

I know about "drawing" and the "living water," but I'm thinking more in lines of how is the principle put into practice?

And are there any songs about wells (other than "Spring up, o well")?

Casting Crowns new album, "Come to the Well" (also the title of one of the songs.)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

i have had personal experience with spiritual wells, i have been in a year long dryness where the love that overflowed out of me suddenly stopped overflowing. seriously i have never experienced such a richness of love with God as i did back then and it really changes you, you are only able to see out of love and how you treat or react to others is also out of love and every day is heaven because its another day to be with God with such a deep level of intimacy.

but then i asked myself am i in love with God or the feeling of love? shortly after i woke up and the love stopped flowing- the well had run dry. now i only occasionally recieve this in short bursts, but on the up side even though i desperately crave the well to overflow again i ended up falling in love with him because of who he is and am deffinately stronger. but as for my situation and this thread i have some scriptures

John 4:13-14 Jesus answered everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again but whoever drinks the water i give will never be thirsty. the water i give will become a spring of water gushing up inside that person giving eternal life.

Psalms 23:5 you prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies you annoint my head with oil and my cup overflows