• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Thunder -

I'm trying to digest what you shared. Thank you for some new insight/understanding about Daniel.

So, you are saying this is the First resurrection, which takes
place upon the time of the Abomination, where  Christ comes with a shout....
and the dead in Christ rise first.
So, you agree with me that Daniels statement 'some to everlasting life
and some to everlasting contempt' - is the same as This resurrection and not two separate? Or are you saying
Daniel just clumped them both into one sentence, not yet knowing.

You also mention the gathering of His elect being equivalent to 1 Thes 4:16
However,

2 Thess 2:8
And then shall that Wicked be revealed, (Abomination) whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth,
and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power
and signs and lying wonders,

So His coming upon which the Wicked one is destroyed is a separate 'coming' event than the I Thess 4 with the gathering?

Edited by Hindsfeet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

A Resurrection is a destination or home for eternity.  A home for the Just (in Heaven with Jesus), and a home for the Unjust (Lake of Fire).

The dead in Christ rise first, then immediately after those alive in Christ meet with them in the air.  Those "in Christ" are those filled with the HS.

Now when do we receive our glorified bodies. 1 Thes 4:14 - We believe Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.  Here the bodies of the dead in Christ are joining their own spirits which have been in heaven with Jesus.  The two shall be one Glorified body (body and soul).  Yet we who are still alive in Christ will met them in the air (to receive our own Glorified Body).  This is a segment of the Resurrection for the Just.  The Bride goes first.

The only unknown time this can happen is pre-70th week.  We do not know when this time will start, but we do know what follows during the time of the 70th week.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I just love how you fail to quote me or address anything I said in my post. Instead you evade it, while building your own case using assumptions about what you think I believe. Unbelievable! But if my theory is as predictable as you claim, what day do you think I believe the rapture will occur, just out of curiosity?

Rolling,

Please be nice, I am trying to learn here from both sides of the fence.

Oops! Disregard, I was busy multi-tasking and posted in the wrong thread.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

A Resurrection is a destination or home for eternity.  A home for the Just (in Heaven with Jesus), and a home for the Unjust (Lake of Fire).

The dead in Christ rise first, then immediately after those alive in Christ meet with them in the air.  Those "in Christ" are those filled with the HS.

Now when do we receive our glorified bodies. 1 Thes 4:14 - We believe Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.  Here the bodies of the dead in Christ are joining their own spirits which have been in heaven with Jesus.  The two shall be one Glorified body (body and soul).  Yet we who are still alive in Christ will met them in the air (to receive our own Glorified Body).  This is a segment of the Resurrection for the Just.  The Bride goes first.

The only unknown time this can happen is pre-70th week.  We do not know when this time will start, but we do know what follows during the time of the 70th week.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I just love how you fail to quote me or address anything I said in my post. Instead you evade it, while building your own case using assumptions about what you think I believe. Unbelievable! But if my theory is as predictable as you claim, what day do you think I believe the rapture will occur, just out of curiosity?

Thunder

Matt 24:29,30 Immediately after the distress of those days; When the Sun and Moon do not give off their light,  they go dark and the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky.  What follows?  "On that day" , "On that day", "On that day", of Zech.  The great distress of those days is Mid-Trib, after the A/D is set up and the final 3 1/2 years which follow it.  So my understanding would be; immediately after this great distress which is Post Trib.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

In Pre-Trib, Is the Rapture considered the First Resurrection?

Or something else?

I can only conclude based on scripture that it is something else.

A Coming, a Revealing, a Harvest...............

Edited by Hindsfeet

Ok, so we would need these glorified bodies in order to return as Christs army, yes <physical and spiritual, correct?> but where/what does this physical/immortal body do until we return? Oh, maybe this is the Wedding and Tabernacles, etc?

This cannot be the First resurrection of the just, it Must be something else.

What happened when Jesus was Resurrected.  His body which had hung on the cross and died then was buried for 3 days and 3 nights according to Scripture, did what?  He Arose from the dead.  He had a new incorruptible body.  He was the first fruit of this "body type"  He was flesh and yet spirit; one could put their hand into His side.  He could walk through walls.

A resurrection is to receive a new body which will be an everlasting body.  Thus a new body for what?  Eternal destruction in the Lake of Fire and an Eternal body for life with Christ in all eternity.  A new body for the Just and a new body for the Unjust.  Two Resurrections;

In Christ

Montana Marv

Thunder -

I'm trying to digest what you shared. Thank you for some new insight/understanding about Daniel.

So, you are saying this is the First resurrection, which takes

place upon the time of the Abomination, where  Christ comes with a shout....

and the dead in Christ rise first.

The first resurrection is the resurrection of the righteous. It began when Christ, the first fruits was raised from the dead. All of the righteous of all time will be included, everyone will go in their own order, including the righteous Old Testament saints as well, and it will end when the last martyr is killed. All of these will be raised up and reign with Christ in the millennial kingdom. This does not include the sheep, survivors from the nations that will re-populate the earth and be ruled over by the saints that return with Christ.

So, you agree with me that Daniels statement 'some to everlasting life

and some to everlasting contempt' - is the same as This resurrection and not two separate? Or are you saying

Daniel just clumped them both into one sentence, not yet knowing.

No, Daniel had no way of knowing that, just the same way that he did not know that Messiah would be crucified and return 2000 years later, which is why he was told to shut up and seal the words to this prophecy, for more knowledge would come later.

You also mention the gathering of His elect being equivalent to 1 Thes 4:16

However,

2 Thess 2:8

And then shall that Wicked be revealed, (Abomination) whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth,

and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power

and signs and lying wonders,

So His coming upon which the Wicked one is destroyed is a separate 'coming' event than the I Thess 4 with the gathering?

That is correct, the gathering of the elect is the rapture (includes both Matt.24:30-31 & 1 Thes. 4:17). Both happen after the time of trouble (Dan. 12:1) and after the tribulation (Matt. 24:29), when the days are shortened for the sake of the elect (Matt. 24:22).

2 Thes. 2:8 is the second coming, which will come a little later. I hope that helps.

Cheers

I forgot to mention that the Old Testament saints are also in Christ. They were looking forward to the promises, while today, for almost 2000 years we New Testament saints are looking back at the cross, when the promise was fulfilled. For 2000 years the Old Testament saints sacrificed a lamb every year to forgive their sins. The lambs were a symbol for Christ, who died as the Lamb of God, once, for (ALL), including both Old and New Testament saints.

Cheers

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

I forgot to mention that the Old Testament saints are also in Christ. They were looking forward to the promises, while today, for almost 2000 years we New Testament saints are looking back at the cross, when the promise was fulfilled. For 2000 years the Old Testament saints sacrificed a lamb every year to forgive their sins. The lambs were a symbol for Christ, who died as the Lamb of God, once, for (ALL), including both Old and New Testament saints.

Cheers

Christ led all the old testament saints home at his resurrection. The next resurrection will happen at the second coming of Christ (called the first resurrection) then after the 1000 year reign, the second resurrection happens prior to the final judgment. That's what the Bible says, it's simple if people don't try to add a resurrection for the pre-trib rapture.

Enoch

So the remnant of Israel (Zech 13:8,9) who are ushered into the 1000 year reign of Christ all become part of the Second Resurrection.   I never knew that.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Not to butt in Marv, but how does Zech 13:8,9 point to the 1/3 as reigning with Christ in the millennium?