• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/13/1968

Hello brother Jerry, can I ask you ...What do you think? As you mention what others think - church pastors Etc...So I am asking what you think ?

Love & Blessings S

God bless you,my dear"the bible says in the multitude of counsellors there is safty,i agree with the preach,some of us will go to hell fire because of church doctrine,every genuine born again need a godly mentor,"thouhg" the bible is our best mentor,i was only seeking for godly opinion,my bible told me not to lean on my own understanding,some of know the truth,but we refuse to follow or obey the truth.

Hello Dearest brother Jerry

How wonderful that you are wanting to get things right in your walk with God...thats truely a great start with your spiritual journey.

I think it is great to voice your opinion in your own way, then people can reach out to you and try to help you find the answers that you seek. I love how you speak from your heart, that is a lovely gift in itself you know, God loves that communication with his beloved children.....

I always know who to ask in order for them to teach me scriptures brother, they will always be gentle people and never push me to do anything that I do not understand. That is what God taught me, the people who are gentle in spirit are my true followers, for they have been obedient to my words. 

Man did not teach me to get close to Gods heart, Jesus did, it was so beautiful and painful at times too, as I had to believe in something I could not see.....quite hard for human beings...I was guided to the bible and scriptures and each time I studied what Jesus wanted me to learn, I hope I am making sense to you? 

I was in a church, but I did not understand the teaching at all, so I was feeling desperate to learn just as you are it would seem? I am gathering that your churches are limited brother and doctrine is quite harsh ? So I suggest that you maybe look to find a kind person to help and guide you within your fellowship...Pray and ask God for a helper, thats what I do and God never lets me down..... :clap:

Love & Blessings Sis Agape  :wub:

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  133
  • Birthday:  09/13/1968

Hmmm!! I believe God directed me to this site,to learn and to be nurture and to help my spiritual growth,one on one iam not the talking type,iam more of an introvert,slow of speech,hardly speaks eloguently,but when ever I sign in on this site,I feel free to ask question,and i have come to understand that everything about my country is different over here,in my church,alcohol is a taboo,in my country,christian can take alcohol,but born again,no way,how can an unbeliever will be taking alcohol,what is the difference,i believe abstainence from alcohol is a self devotion to God,i use to take it before,but i recieved a divine instruction from God to stop taking it,I stop without second thought,there where some people that were instructed in the bible not to taste strong drink.above all, this site has really been a wonderful blessing to me,God doesn't make mistake.

Hello brother....

http://www.gotquestions.org/sin-alcohol.html

Hope that you will find your answer......

Love & Blessings Sis Agape  :wub:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

God bless you"sister Agpelove" with what i have seen and read in the bible,some passage did not speak good about alcohol while some do,bible did not out rightly forbid christian from talking it,the first man on earth that drink alcohol,cursed his son,after set and done,Genesis 9:20-25" I use to take it before,and when ever i did,i will become extrovert,when it clear from my eyes i will become an introvert,God spoke to me in a dreamed through His word,proverbs 23:30-35" immediately i woke up from my sleep,i picked my bible and open it,after reading it,I ask God to grant me the grace to quit.and God did,since that very day being 20th of August 2013"i has never taste it again,everything i need to learn concerning spiritual matter is in the bible,and i believe there are some people that are more knowledgeable than me,when it comes to spiritual matter,when ever i need spiritual help i usually run to this site,because the voice of man is the voice of God,I just believe that,abstinence from alcohol is an expression of devotion to God.I really like the site you link me to.I appreciate.

Guest Butero

I believe in the eyes of God,there is only one church,that is church of Jesus Christ,i may be right or wrong,iam open to correction,A preacher said that because of church doctrine and tradition of men,many christian will go to hell fire,do you guys agree with him,some christian doesn't celebrate christmas,they said Jesus was not born on 25th, and beside it is not biblical,and Christ did not ask us to celebrate His birth,I want to ask is it a must that every christian must celebrate christmas,is celebrating christmas biblical or tradition of men.some church said that it is not good for a christian to drink alcohol,why some encourage it,because the first miracle Jesus perform on earth,was turning water to wine.what do you think.

You mentioned two things that seem to concern you.  Nobody has to celebrate Christmas.  Nobody has to avoid a celebration of Christmas.  The Bible doesn't say one way or the other, so follow your own conscience.  As for alcohol.  Jesus turned water into wine, and we know he drank wine.  The Bible never says it is sinful to drink alcohol unless it is in excess.  Drunkenness is what is sinful.  It was asked if there is non-alcoholic wine.  There is, but in order to make it non-alcoholic, you have to first ferment it and then remove the alcohol.  There is no way I believe they did that in Bible times, so what I would say to you in that regard is if you have a problem with drinking, don't drink.  If you are ok with it in moderation, and want to drink, go for it, but be careful that it doesn't overtake you.  Drunkenness will keep you from inheriting the Kingdom of Heaven. 

Guest Butero

Hmmm!! I believe God directed me to this site,to learn and to be nurture and to help my spiritual growth,one on one iam not the talking type,iam more of an introvert,slow of speech,hardly speaks eloguently,but when ever I sign in on this site,I feel free to ask question,and i have come to understand that everything about my country is different over here,in my church,alcohol is a taboo,in my country,christian can take alcohol,but born again,no way,how can an unbeliever will be taking alcohol,what is the difference,i believe abstainence from alcohol is a self devotion to God,i use to take it before,but i recieved a divine instruction from God to stop taking it,I stop without second thought,there where some people that were instructed in the bible not to taste strong drink.above all, this site has really been a wonderful blessing to me,God doesn't make mistake.

If God told you not to drink any alcohol, you need to listen to him.  What can be ok for one person may not be for another.  Never let anyone talk you into violating your own conscience. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  132

People that think they can follow any traditions whenever they want are in for a big surprise.

Following God's appointed Holydays versus man's concocted days of worship is not works-it's obedience to His commandments for a special purpose.

there is enough in the Bible to show us that it does matter to God that He expects us to follow and worship Him in spirit and truth-not in corrupted, vile practices rooted in worship of other gods.

Taking unauthorized liberty to do things such as altering God's instructions for worship and honor is sinful.

How many warnings in the Bible do we need?

We live in an age with our technology and research capable of dissecting every idol based tradition known today, so we have no excuse to fabricate theories why and when we can keep them.

We cannot serve two masters.

We cannot embrace two competing systems of worship.

By what authority did we change the days we observe when only God has the divine privilege to sanctify something.

Don't let false teachers twist scripture to suit their agenda and make changes according to their view.

However some people reason or rationalize the observances and celebrations we blindly follow, God makes it clear we must follow His directions and commandments about His days and forms of worship.

We can choose the feast days instituted by God or the holidays substituted by men.

It's your choice.

Edited by fruitfull77

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

I believe in the eyes of God,there is only one church,that is church of Jesus Christ,i may be right or wrong,iam open to correction,A preacher said that because of church doctrine and tradition of men,many christian will go to hell fire,do you guys agree with him,some christian doesn't celebrate christmas,they said Jesus was not born on 25th, and beside it is not biblical,and Christ did not ask us to celebrate His birth,I want to ask is it a must that every christian must celebrate christmas,is celebrating christmas biblical or tradition of men.some church said that it is not good for a christian to drink alcohol,why some encourage it,because the first miracle Jesus perform on earth,was turning water to wine.what do you think.

You mentioned two things that seem to concern you.  Nobody has to celebrate Christmas.  Nobody has to avoid a celebration of Christmas.  The Bible doesn't say one way or the other, so follow your own conscience.  As for alcohol.  Jesus turned water into wine, and we know he drank wine.  The Bible never says it is sinful to drink alcohol unless it is in excess.  Drunkenness is what is sinful.  It was asked if there is non-alcoholic wine.  There is, but in order to make it non-alcoholic, you have to first ferment it and then remove the alcohol.  There is no way I believe they did that in Bible times, so what I would say to you in that regard is if you have a problem with drinking, don't drink.  If you are ok with it in moderation, and want to drink, go for it, but be careful that it doesn't overtake you.  Drunkenness will keep you from inheriting the Kingdom of Heaven. 

Did Jesus drink alcoholic wine for the Lords Supper ?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

People that think they can follow any traditions whenever they want are in for a big surprise.

Following God's appointed Holydays versus man's concocted days of worship is not works-it's obedience to His commandments for a special purpose.

there is enough in the Bible to show us that it does matter to God that He expects us to follow and worship Him in spirit and truth-not in corrupted, vile practices rooted in worship of other gods.

Taking unauthorized liberty to do things such as altering God's instructions for worship and honor is sinful.

We live in an age with our technology and research capable of dissecting every idol based tradition known today, so we have no excuse to fabricate theories why and when we can keep them.

By what authority did we change the days we observe when only God has the divine privilege to sanctify something.

Don't let false teachers twist scripture to suit their agenda and make changes according to their view.

However some people reason or rationalize the observances and celebrations we blindly follow, God makes it clear we must follow His directions and commandments about His days and forms of worship.

We can choose the feast days instituted by God or the holidays substituted by men.

It's your choice.

What feast days do you celebrate and why ?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  132

I thought it might be obvious since God did not institute or command idol worshiping pagan holidays.

But up first for this time of year-Passover and the Feast of Unleavened bread.

Why?- to honor God in the way He wants to be worshiped-" in spirit and truth " not in vain.

Also to follow the example of Jesus Christ and the apostles of the early church.

by following them we get a better understanding of God's ultimate plan for humanity.

God's sacred holy days have far much more significance than any man made customs. 

What reasons can you give for not keeping God ordained festivals?

Guest Butero

It's your choice.

The problem with what you are saying is that God never forbids us to observe days he didn't institute as holidays.  There is nothing in scripture that says I cannot celebrate someone's birthday.  There is nothing that says I cannot celebrate the 4th of July in remembrance of the beginning of this great nation.  There is likewise nothing in scripture that says I cannot celebrate the day Jesus was born or the day he rose from the dead.  The fact some heathens celebrate idols on a particular day doesn't defile the day.  This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.  That can be said every single day, including December 25.