• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

Romans 14:5-10

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

You should look deeper into this verses it has to do with fasting not holidays and do as one please 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

You should look deeper into this verses it has to do with fasting not holidays and do as one please

Fasting may be applied to this verse, but fasting is not mentioned at all. In the fullness it clearly states that one will give account to the Lord. To imply that it only refers to fasting is not correct. Here is the whole content in context of what was spoken.

Romans 14:1-13

Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written:

“As I live, says the Lord,

Every knee shall bow to Me,

And every tongue shall confess to God.”

So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

Actually there is no archeological evidence of ancients employing modern Christmas traditions.  A lot of that is made up history revisionism.   Most modern Christmas traditions sprung up after the Reformation in Europe, not in ancient times. 

It's really no different than those who claim that the story of Jesus' life is actually a retelling of the story of the birth, life and death/resurrection of Horus or some other pagan god.  I have found a lot of really revisionist history and outright lies in people's attempts to tag Christianity as a pagan religion.

:thumbsup:

Other gods

And the Philistines took the ark of God, and brought it from Eben-ezer unto Ashdod.

When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon.

And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again.

And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the LORD; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him. 1 Samuel 5:1-4

Don't Mess With The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel

Guest shiloh357

Izzel do you think the seven annual festivals and the Sabbath are compulsary for Christians?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

I believe in the eyes of God,there is only one church,that is church of Jesus Christ,i may be right or wrong,iam open to correction,A preacher said that because of church doctrine and tradition of men,many christian will go to hell fire,do you guys agree with him,some christian doesn't celebrate christmas,they said Jesus was not born on 25th, and beside it is not biblical,and Christ did not ask us to celebrate His birth,I want to ask is it a must that every christian must celebrate christmas,is celebrating christmas biblical or tradition of men.some church said that it is not good for a christian to drink alcohol,why some encourage it,because the first miracle Jesus perform on earth,was turning water to wine.what do you think.

Hi Jerry,

I don't celebrate Christmas because it's not a Christian holiday. The Church swallowed up the pagan holiday of the Saturnalia. There were pagan celebrations that centered around Dec. 25 and the winter solstice the shortest day of the year. They saw this as a renewing as the days began to get longer. As more and more pagans turned to Christianity the church incorporated their holiday. Also, Jesus wasn't born on Dec 25. I believe He was born on Sept 12 3BC. 

The reason I don't celebrate Christmas is twofold, one, it's not from Scripture, and two In Deuteronomy God specifically told the Jews that they were not to worship Him the way the pagans worshiped their gods.  If you look at Christmas and the celebrations they are they way the pagans worshiped their gods. The pagans used trees, wreaths, lights, etc and all of these are found in Christmas celebrations.

Actually there is no archeological evidence of ancients employing modern Christmas traditions.  A lot of that is made up history revisionism.   Most modern Christmas traditions sprung up after the Reformation in Europe, not in ancient times. 

It's really no different than those who claim that the story of Jesus' life is actually a retelling of the story of the birth, life and death/resurrection of Horus or some other pagan god.  I have found a lot of really revisionist history and outright lies in people's attempts to tag Christianity as a pagan religion.

Some of the early Christian writers tell us how the early pagans worshiped and some of those practices are used by Christians today. Celebrating New Years, giving of gifts at the mid winter festivals, etc. 

Guest shiloh357

I believe in the eyes of God,there is only one church,that is church of Jesus Christ,i may be right or wrong,iam open to correction,A preacher said that because of church doctrine and tradition of men,many christian will go to hell fire,do you guys agree with him,some christian doesn't celebrate christmas,they said Jesus was not born on 25th, and beside it is not biblical,and Christ did not ask us to celebrate His birth,I want to ask is it a must that every christian must celebrate christmas,is celebrating christmas biblical or tradition of men.some church said that it is not good for a christian to drink alcohol,why some encourage it,because the first miracle Jesus perform on earth,was turning water to wine.what do you think.

Hi Jerry,

I don't celebrate Christmas because it's not a Christian holiday. The Church swallowed up the pagan holiday of the Saturnalia. There were pagan celebrations that centered around Dec. 25 and the winter solstice the shortest day of the year. They saw this as a renewing as the days began to get longer. As more and more pagans turned to Christianity the church incorporated their holiday. Also, Jesus wasn't born on Dec 25. I believe He was born on Sept 12 3BC. 

The reason I don't celebrate Christmas is twofold, one, it's not from Scripture, and two In Deuteronomy God specifically told the Jews that they were not to worship Him the way the pagans worshiped their gods.  If you look at Christmas and the celebrations they are they way the pagans worshiped their gods. The pagans used trees, wreaths, lights, etc and all of these are found in Christmas celebrations.

Some of the early Christian writers tell us how the early pagans worshiped and some of those practices are used by Christians today. Celebrating New Years, giving of gifts at the mid winter festivals, etc. 

Which early Christian writers?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi Jerry,

Before xmas was the Roman saturnalia 200 AD circa and before that was something earlier and so on.

Most of our xmas customs evolved from ancient pagan practices.-

even the prophets warned the jews to avoid  the Babylonian practices where a lot of our current customs evolved. Jer; 3;13,  circa 500-600 BC

Guest shiloh357

Hi Jerry,

Before xmas was the Roman saturnalia 200 AD circa and before that was something earlier and so on.

even the prophets warned the jews to avoid  the Babylonian practices where a lot of our current customs evolved. Jer; 3;13,  circa 500-600 BC

that is complete nonsense.   Most of Christmas tradition orginated in Christian Europe, not in Babylon.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi Jerry,

that is complete nonsense.   Most of Christmas tradition orginated in Christian Europe, not in Babylon.

You need to look a little deeper. santa clause/jolly old nick some of those things evolved during Christian Europe but the Dec 25 birthday is about as pagan as you can get.

There are multitudes of history books and encyclopedias that explore the ancient past of xmas customs.

Tree decorating, exchanging gifts, caroling, ornaments, virgin birth, nativity scene, etc.are pagan practices going back thousands of years back before Christ.

take a look at Hislops " The Two Babylons " or the encyclopedia of religion and ethics.There are too many resources to mention.

Christmas contradicts biblical facts.

Xmas is rooted in ancient customs and religious practices that has nothing to do with Christianity and the Bible.

Easter, which is approaching soon, is another example of traditions that are not of Christian origin

Rather than follow ancient or modern mythological practices God shows us a better way of life with His sacred Holy feast days.

The choices you make will affect your destiny.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Hi Jerry,

You need to look a little deeper. santa clause/jolly old nick some of those things evolved during Christian Europe but the Dec 25 birthday is about as pagan as you can get.

There are multitudes of history books and encyclopedias that explore the ancient past of xmas customs.

Tree decorating, exchanging gifts, caroling, ornaments, virgin birth, nativity scene, etc.are pagan practices going back thousands of years back before Christ.

take a look at Hislops " The Two Babylons " or the encyclopedia of religion and ethics.There are too many resources to mention.

Christmas contradicts biblical facts.

Xmas is rooted in ancient customs and religious practices that has nothing to do with Christianity and the Bible.

Easter, which is approaching soon, is another example of traditions that are not of Christian origin

Rather than follow ancient or modern mythological practices God shows us a better way of life with His sacred Holy feast days.

The choices you make will affect your destiny.

Are you really making the celebration of Christmas and Easter a salvation issue? Do you really believe those who celebrate Dec. 25th as Jesus birthday are risking their salvation?

Christmas is on Dec 25th. Saturnalia began on Dec. 17th. The winter solstice is on Dec. 21st. None of these dates match.  

A pagan practice involves the worship of pagan gods. Jesus is not a pagan god.

As far as the OT Holy days, those were given to the children of Israel as a sign between them and God. Not Gentiles. And not the Church. Neither Christmas nor Easter are pagan. And we are under the New Covenant, not the Mosaic covenant.

You read too much really bad information which is usually written with an agenda to justify bad theology. I would suggest reading some genuine Messianic Judaism sites to get the real information.  The UMJC has many papers written on these topics.