• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,152
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

For those born in Christ this should be a relief Scripture to this whole waste of time...

Rom 14:1-22

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.

19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

KJV

It is the perfect Law of Liberty...

Love, Steven

Guest Butero

Actually Enoob, that kind of works out for all of us, including Fruitful.  He keeps those festivals faithfully as unto the Lord, and you and I don't believe we have to.  According to that passage, we are both accepted by God. 

Yes that was my point in the Liberty aspect... :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

These verses say we aren't to despise or judge each other on account of these things, for God's able to make us all stand, regardless. This rules out the possibility that it's a salvation issue.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone...

Firstly,I would like to say "thank you" to enoob for posting God's Word on this matter,that should be the end of any question as this is final Authority.If any Christian wants to partake in the Jewish celebrations & Praise the Lord that is wonderful.

It was never a question in my mind for the simple fact that I am not Jewish,nor can I ever be.....although I am grafted in as a child of God ,I am not from the root as it is Written.Take for example the Passover celebration,this is a time to give thanks to the Lord for passing over all the homes o-f the Jews with the Lambs Blood (sparing their 1st born)&  rescuing the Jews from their bondage in Egypt,being freed from captivity ....the Exodus......this time was to always be remembered,Gods leading ,guiding,protecting & providing for His chosen people & passed down to each generation so they never forget Gods love for them......................this is not my celebration,my ancestors were not from Israel.These Holy Days were given to the Jews.....

I was raised to celebrate the birth of Christ & His resurrection,these are the traditions of my ancestors(traditions of men,yes)but what is wrong with setting a specific day ,apart from the rest,to celebrate the arrival of the King of Kings upon the earth or the day my Salvation was made possible in His resurrection?Everyday is the Lords Day & everyday He is more than Worthy of all Praise,Honor ,Glory & our thanksgiving ......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest shiloh357

Would you say  Jeremiah 10: 1-4 is describing anything close to our christmas tree of today-this was written back in the late 500's BC

No.  It is describing the process of carving an Idol from wood, plating it in silver and/or gold and adorning it with jewelry and regal garments.  That is what pagans did with their idols. 

There are NO indications of Christmas trees in the middle east.   You need to learn about the pagan cultures and how they worshipped their gods.  You will find that all these claims about our Christmas traditions going back to the babylonians to be false.  People read something in someone's book and they just believe it.   Most of our Christmas traditions came out of Europe during the Reformation period.

Blessings Everyone...

Firstly,I would like to say "thank you" to enoob for posting God's Word on this matter,that should be the end of any question as this is final Authority.If any Christian wants to partake in the Jewish celebrations & Praise the Lord that is wonderful.

It was never a question in my mind for the simple fact that I am not Jewish,nor can I ever be.....although I am grafted in as a child of God ,I am not from the root as it is Written.Take for example the Passover celebration,this is a time to give thanks to the Lord for passing over all the homes o-f the Jews with the Lambs Blood (sparing their 1st born)&  rescuing the Jews from their bondage in Egypt,being freed from captivity ....the Exodus......this time was to always be remembered,Gods leading ,guiding,protecting & providing for His chosen people & passed down to each generation so they never forget Gods love for them......................this is not my celebration,my ancestors were not from Israel.These Holy Days were given to the Jews.....

I was raised to celebrate the birth of Christ & His resurrection,these are the traditions of my ancestors(traditions of men,yes)but what is wrong with setting a specific day ,apart from the rest,to celebrate the arrival of the King of Kings upon the earth or the day my Salvation was made possible in His resurrection?Everyday is the Lords Day & everyday He is more than Worthy of all Praise,Honor ,Glory & our thanksgiving ......

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Isn't it wonderful to be in this light as Jesus is in... rejoicing in the freedom of the cleaness of His

Life while abandoning our own to the renewing into the desires and motives that are born out of Him :thumbsup:

Love, Steven

Edited by enoob57

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings enoob.....

Wonderful,awesome,incredible,magnificent....Worthy is the Lamb of God! Oh ,the Precious Blood of our Savior,Praise & Thank You Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Would you say  Jeremiah 10: 1-4 is describing anything close to our christmas tree of today-this was written back in the late 500's BC

No.  It is describing the process of carving an Idol from wood, plating it in silver and/or gold and adorning it with jewelry and regal garments.  That is what pagans did with their idols. 

There are NO indications of Christmas trees in the middle east.   You need to learn about the pagan cultures and how they worshipped their gods.  You will find that all these claims about our Christmas traditions going back to the babylonians to be false.  People read something in someone's book and they just believe it.   Most of our Christmas traditions came out of Europe during the Reformation period.

Jer 10:1-4 -is a warning from God not to follow the practices of heathens.-the example referred to is in verse 3,4

a tree is cut here and decorated or deck and secured-no carving mentioned .

The evergreen tree and boughs were the most common

In the OT they were tempted to follow that particular tradition but God forbids it.

although they have good intentions as we do today to honor God it is the type of application of worship he denounces.

Where do you think the people of Europe derived their traditions from regarding this subject matter?

And would they not be man-made?

The OT and the NT condemns laying aside God's ways He wants to be worshiped in favor of keeping our own idea of how we want to honor Him.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Fruitful, what Christian denominations or groups adhere to the practices you promote?