• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/25/1995

I was  kind of wondering is it okay for a christian to watch movies like american pie, crank etc?? iam confused because i was told it is okay its just life?? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Here is a verse to ponder:

"All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything." (1 Cor. 6:12)

Guest Butero

I am not going to say it is ok or not ok to watch specific movies. Everyone has different views on what is ok and what is not.  Some would say it is a sin to watch tv period or watch any movies period, and others watch anything they want.  Seek the Lord and ask him.  He won't steer you wrong. 

Guest DRS81

My brother gave me the first season of the tv series 'Shameless'. I watched the first episode and gave it back to him. It was just too much for me. I've also repented from found footage horror movies months ago and haven't gone back. It's good to have the holy spirit discern these things. Sometimes it hurts to much to witness all the dumb stuff that's out there. I also quit smoking cigs in 2010. The holy spirit is key, and he will let you know when it's time to give things up for the better good. Christian movies are definitely food for my soul.

I was  kind of wondering is it okay for a christian to watch movies like american pie, crank etc?? i am confused because i was told it is okay its just life?? 

~

You've Got To

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. Ephesians 2:2-3

Love Them

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in The world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:17

Or Not

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. Mark 12:30

~

Don't Get It?

And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. Luke 4:17-19

Believe

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: John 11:25

And Be Blessed Beloved

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4:5

Love, Joe

Guest Butero

My brother gave me the first season of the tv series 'Shameless'. I watched the first episode and gave it back to him. It was just too much for me. I've also repented from found footage horror movies months ago and haven't gone back. It's good to have the holy spirit discern these things. Sometimes it hurts to much to witness all the dumb stuff that's out there. I also quit smoking cigs in 2010. The holy spirit is key, and he will let you know when it's time to give things up for the better good. Christian movies are definitely food for my soul.

What makes a movie a "Christian movie?"  Most movies are strictly for entertainment.  Even movies with a positive message will often have things in them that are not 100 percent Biblical.  The problem with all of this is everyone has a different line in the sand. 

Guest DRS81

What makes a movie a "Christian movie?"  Most movies are strictly for entertainment.  Even movies with a positive message will often have things in them that are not 100 percent Biblical.  The problem with all of this is everyone has a different line in the sand. 

I would say if the movie or the plot is Christ centered and points towards the love of Jesus. There's a lot of good ones out there. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 Corinthians 10:31 31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Philippians 4:8 8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Matthew 5:14 14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Garbage In, Garbage Out.

Use discernment.

If you cringe, or feel 'uncomfortable' with a show, honor the Holy Spirit and Shut it Off. It doesnt matter what other 'Christians' are doing, or think or feel are 'alright'.

We each bear our own cross, and our own personal accountability to the Lord.

Edited by Hindsfeet

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Actually I was going to say the same thing as hindsfeet! So ditto thanks hinds!